The death anniversary of a loved one is always difficult, especially when you need to send quotes. It has the ability to reopen old wounds and reawaken memories that we haven’t thought about in a long time.
Death Anniversary Quotes
Comfort yourself or a loved one with these death anniversary quotes and messages. You can add them to a greeting card or email, or simply offer them in conversation.
If you aren’t sure what to write as death anniversary quotes for a card or what to say to someone on the anniversary of a loved one’s passing then try some of the examples below. Here we have shared some of the best death anniversary messages and quotes.
1. As each day passes we miss you more and more. Rest in peace.
2. Remember, as much of the good times as you can and know your family and friends are here to support you today
3. “It can not separate them that love beyond the world. Death cannot kill what never dies” – William Penn.
4. Today I remember my amazing sister. My sister was a wonderful person and today I will remember all the kindness and love she bought me in my life. I miss her more every year.
5. “Death is never an end, but a To Be Continued…” – Renée Chae
6. To my much-missed mother – you were so special to me and even though time has passed, it never diminishes your memory and spirit. They live on long after you. Rest in peace
7. “Good men must die, but death cannot kill their names” – Proverb
8. A thousand words won’t bring you back. I know because I’ve tried; neither will a thousand tears, I know because I’ve cried. Death anniversary quotes.
9. Hoping you find strength on such a difficult day. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you need anything.
10. The hard part wasn’t losing you, it was learning to live without you
11. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard” – A.A. Milne
12. I offer my most sincere condolences for your loss and the pain you must be feeling on this anniversary. Don’t think twice about reaching out if you need anything or just to talk.
13. So long my baby. Every day I miss you and it hurts like the first day you gained your wings.
14. A year of grief and pain yet you’re still all I can think about. Rest in peace.
15. The saddest moment is when the person who gave you the best memories, becomes a memory
16. Losing you was the hardest thing that’s ever happened my angel, and even after all these years, the pain is still there. I’m forever thinking of you.
17. Sending you my warmest thoughts and hugs on this anniversary
18. I feel your presence watching and guiding me mom. Even though you’re gone I know you’re still always there to help if I need it
19. Please accept my most heartfelt condolences on such a tough anniversary
20. “Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow” – Unknown
21. 1 year to this day heaven gained a new angel, and I lost my soulmate. You shall never be forgotten, my love.
22. Words fail to express how much I miss you. My lonely comfort is the knowledge I will see you again. Until then your memory helps me through another year. Rest in peace angel.
23. We may have fought and got on each other’s nerves but I loved you more than words will say, bro. Rest in peace.
24. I find comfort in remembering the countless good times we had with a mom. Whenever I think of you I think of us smiling and laughing. I miss you more than words can say.
25. All the amazing times I had with my sister become so vivid today. She was one of a kind and I miss her with all my heart. Death anniversary quotes.
26. Praying you to find some comfort and peace on such a hard day
27. We mark a year of your passing with the same feelings as every other day – sadness that you’re gone and wishing we could tell you one last time how much we care for you
28. A year doesn’t seem like such a long time but without you here it has felt like an eternity. Not a day goes by we don’t long to have you back.
29. Your sister was truly special, and we all miss her dearly. I hope you’re coping today and I’m here if you need me.
30. “While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil” – John Taylor
31. On the one year anniversary of your death, I will raise a glass to a true inspiration
32. Until we meet again, Rest in peace baby sister
33. Sending all my love to you today. Be strong.
One Year Death Anniversary Quotes
Usually, the first anniversary of a death is the most difficult. A year is still very recent, therefore those emotions of loss and despair will still be present even if time is a tremendous healer.
34. Goodbyes hurt when the story is not finished, and the book has been closed forever
35. The pain of losing you will never fade. After a year I’m still lost without you.
36. “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near; still loved, still missed and very dear,” – Anonymous
37. Even after a year, my heart aches for you. You were the light of my life and I shall always remember our time together.
38. Your memories are a treasure I keep in my heart, but they can’t answer the question, why did you have to depart
39. May the love and support of friends and family help you find the strength to get through today
40. “Love grows more tremendously full, swift, poignant, as the years multiply” – Zane Grey
41. To one of the most incredible men – you may be gone but I will never forget you
42. I have cried so many tears mom, it’s broken my heart to lose you. I miss you and hope you’re up in heaven keeping watch over me.
43. My love for you grows stronger every year and I cherish the memories I have of you like no other. I miss you terribly bro.
44. “It’s not always the tears that measure the pain. Sometimes it’s the smile we fake.” – Unknown
45. I hope you can find some peace and think of happier memories on a day like today
46. When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it. You just learn to slowly go on without them. But always keep them tucked safely in your heart.
47. “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us” – Helen Keller
48. Another year has gone by since we lost you and still find myself inconsolable. I miss you terribly but will never forget your memory and your life.
49. Sadly missed along life’s way, quietly remembered every day. No longer in our life to share, but in our hearts, you’re always there.
50. “To live in the hearts of those we love is never to die” – Thomas Campbell
51. I still pray for you every day and find comfort knowing that your soul is in heaven watching over me. Rest in peace daddy.
52. “The life of the dead is placed in the heart of the living” – Cicero
53. “Loss can remind us that life itself is a gift” – Louise Hay and David Kessler
54. You will always have a place in my heart and, a year, two, or even eternity won’t see your memory fade. I love you my darling. Death anniversary quotes.
55. To my dearest sister – every year I think it will get easier and every year it’s just as hard. You were so special I can’t let you go. I hope you’re up in heaven looking down on us. RIP sis.
Death Anniversary Messages
On the anniversary of the death of a loved one, use these texts to send or communicate with someone. On what is probably going to be an emotionally trying day, they will appreciate you taking the time to think of them.
56. “Perhaps they are not the stars, but openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy” – Unknown
57. Here’s to your father – I know he would be so proud if you
58. Time moves so slowly and even after an entire year I don’t think I’ve fully accepted you’re gone
59. “While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil,”
60. Your memory will live long in our hearts dad. Rest in peace.
61. You never stop loving someone, you just learn to live without them
62. Grief is the last act of love we can give to those we loved. Where there is deep grief, there was great love.
63. You we’re my big brother and the one I looked up to ahead of others. Losing you left a scar that will never heal.
64. “To live in the hearts of those we love is never to die” – Hazel Gaynor
65. “The pain passes, but the beauty remains” – Pierre Auguste Renoir
66. Those special memories we made help you to live on even though you’re gone. I will use today, the 1st anniversary of your passing, to remember what a truly wonderful person you were.
67. “When a great man dies, for years the light he leaves behind him, lies on the paths of men” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
68. We remember your passing today dad and celebrate your life. You were a truly special man and one who left a hole that could never be filled. Death anniversary quotes.
69. Since you left, I’ve felt nothing but sorrow. I long to see you one last time and tell you how much I miss you.
70. Sadly missed along life’s way, quietly remembered every day. No longer in our life to share, but in our hearts, you’re always there.
Death Anniversary Sayings
It is extremely heartbreaking to lose a close friend. We never completely move on from the significant losses in our life.
71. Today I remember my brother, who was the most amazing person. I will never forget him.
72. “In your life, you touched so many, in your death it changed many lives”–Melinda Jones
73. “Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon, and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sigh”–Rossiter Worthington Raymond
74. Remembering you is easy, I do it every day. Missing you is heartache, that never goes away.
75. “I remember the first day without you… I’ve never been the same”–Jennifer Ross
76. You are forever in my thoughts mom, all these years later. Your memory is eternal and I miss you so much.
77. Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity. ~Terri Guillemets.
78. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong. Death anniversary quotes.
79. Wishing you heartfelt sympathies on such a trying day
80. A year has gone by and I still miss you more than I can possibly say. Rest in peace.
81.Even after an entire year, your loss hurts more than ever. I will never forget you.
On days like anniversaries, the sorrow is frequently at its most raw and visceral. It never truly goes away. However, while for some people this is a day that triggers unwelcome pain, for others it is an opportunity to honor someone’s life.
And if appropriate, you might want to send sympathy to the family or friends of a deceased loved one on their anniversary of passing. Sending a card or note might let them know you’re thinking of them and are available for them.