Just because someone has died and left earth doesn’t mean you will stop wishing them well on their birthday. When someone has lost a person they cared about, no words seem to be right.
However, the birthday of those who passed away can often be the right chance to remember and honor them. A special birthday is coming up, or perhaps it is today. But your loved one is no longer here with you.
Birthday Greetings for a Friend Who’s Gone
The birthday of a loved one we’ve lost can be a terribly hard time. Thinking of past celebrations and parties, imagining what we would do now if they were still with us, the reaction they had to gifts (both good and bad!) they received.
But because it’s hard doesn’t mean we should shy away from celebrating the birthday of a deceased. It can help us remember them, and keep them in our hearts.
1. Sending you a message from heaven to show how much I miss you on your birthday, my dearest friend.
2. You may be in heaven, but you’re not far enough away for me to forget that it’s your birthday. Birthday wishes to my dearly missed friend.
3. As you celebrate your birthday in heaven, my friend, know that I miss you and wish you were still here.
4. As you celebrate your birthday with the angels, I celebrate the memory of having you as a best friend. I brought best wishes on the day you into this world.
5.On your birthday, I’m thinking about all the good times we shared and how much I miss you. Happy B’day wishes to my dear departed friend.
6. My hope on your birthday is that you are happy in heaven, my dear friend.
7. From earth to heaven, I’m sending birthday wishes to a friend I will forever miss.
8. Best b’day wishes to the most wonderful friend in heaven.
Special Happy Birthday Wishes For A Friend in Heaven
Use these words to pay recognition to a special friend’s heavenly birthday:
9. Not even heaven is far enough to make me forget your big birthday. Missing you on this special day.
10. Although you aren’t here to celebrate it with me, I know that you’re getting a birthday serenade from the angels. Sending my best to you and your family today.
11. Many birthday greetings from all those you left behind on earth. We love and miss you dearly, my friend.
12. You, my amazing friend, were a gift from the day you were born. While my gift won’t quite reach the heavens above, know that I’m doing something special today in honor of the day you were born.
13. We had many marvelous birthday celebrations while you were here with us. Today, you celebrate without your earthly friends, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t loving and wishing you all the best from back here on earth.
14. Oh, dear sweet and beloved friend of mine, life just isn’t the same without you here to celebrate your B-Day. Don’t worry, though. We will be sure to eat some cake and ice cream for you.
15. Thinking of you on the day you were born brings so many happy and cherished memories. I wish we’d have had a few more before you had to go. Sending all my love above.
16. Losing you was the hardest and most unfortunate moment in my life, but knowing that you are happy up in Heaven brings me so much joy. Happy birthday, friend!
17. I appreciate all the moments that we had together, and today being your birthday, I want you to know that every little moment spent with you was the happiest in my life. I miss you so much, pal!
18. You made my world so beautiful, and for as long as I live, I shall always treasure every single moment spent with you. Happy birthday, friend!
Best Birthday Wishes for Dad In Heaven
Finding the right words to express birthday sentiments to a father who’s passed away can be an emotional strain, but these messages may help you find your way:
19. Father, oh, father, I miss you and cherish the lovely birthdays we shared. Until we meet again, I’ll wrap my arms around this day each year and send all my adoration straight above.
20. Your heavenly birthday hall must be a beautiful sight to behold, daddy. You deserve it all after being such a gift to your family. Missing and loving you every day, especially today.
21. My beloved dad, we are celebrating the day you were born even though you’re so far away. I miss you daily, but even more on the day, your life was given.
22. It was only a matter of time before heaven reclaimed such a treasure as you, my dear sweet daddy. May your heavenly birthday be rich with pure serenity.
23. So many things I had yet to buy and say for your special day. For now, I’ll just look upon a shooting star to bring my birthday wishes and love straight to heaven’s door.
24. Whether near or far, my father’s birthday will always be a day of thankfulness. Thank you for being my everything, and I hope your celestial birthday is as bright and beautiful as you made life for me.
25. Although you’re in heaven now, I feel your spirit with me on my important days. So, on this important day – your birthday, I hope you, too, can feel all my love for you.
26. Despite the fact that my heart still aches for your sudden departure, the bright lights that you left in my life shall continue shining brighter and brighter each day. Wishing you a happy birthday in Heaven, Dad!
- Gifts for 14-Year-Old Boys’ Birthday
- Inspirational Birthday Messages for your Sister
- 2nd Birthday Wishes and Messages
- Godmother Sayings & Birthday Messages
Happy Birthday Wishes for Mom in Heaven
The following words for a mom’s birthday can help you wish the deceased matriarch of the family the very best on her special day:
27. Mother, I miss you so, but I understand that heaven needed such a treasure back. I just hope the angels are singing you the sweetest and happiest birthday song ever from me to you.
28. My birthday gift to you this year is of tears of happiness in remembrance of all the birthdays we shared as mother and child before you flew away. Loving you today and always and on earth as it is in heaven.
29. The sweetest memories of all the birthdays we shared together are what I’ll think about today. Mom, I hope you’re doing the same and enjoying today with all of heaven’s other angels.
30. Someone in heaven has a special day being remembered on earth today. A very beautiful birthday for a very beautiful mother.
31. Wishing you the happiest birthday in heaven from your child that loves you so much from below. May your day be serene and all your worries at ease.
32. Happy birthday in Heaven, dear Mom. I miss your lovely voice, your heartwarming smiles, and every single thing about you.
33. Lasting memories of your loving ways and tender kindnesses carry me through the days without you. It’s why, even though you aren’t here, I can smile on my mother’s birthday knowing she’s making heaven an even more joyous place to be.
34. No wealth or clout you took. Only love and goodness in your baggage. So, what to give my angelic mom on her birthday in heaven? A million-dollar smile straight from the heart, of course.
35. Happy birthday in Heaven, Mom! In the midst of your absence, the joyful and wonderful moments you shared with us are the only things that keep us going.
Happy Birthday in Heaven to Brother
Your brother has been by your side through it all. You’ve always enjoyed celebrating birthdays together, but this year is going to be different.
36. “I can’t believe it’s your birthday and you’re not here to celebrate it with us. Today I lean on all the good memories I have with you, and on the promise that I’ll see you again one day.”
37. “Brother, what does it mean to celebrate a birthday in Heaven? I have no idea, except that it’s probably not bad at all. I love you, I miss you, and I wish you were still here.”
38. “Today I saw what day it was and picked up the phone to call you. Then I remembered. Happy birthday in heaven, bro. Don’t worry – I’m not going to erase your number.”
39. “They say, ‘If only heaven had visiting hours…’ Well, I say, if only earth had visiting hours. I’d bring you back in a heartbeat to celebrate just today…then God could have you back.”
40. “Happy birthday to my brother in Heaven. I’m sure after a glimpse of the heavenly realms there’s no way I could drag you back into this one for just one more birthday together. And that’s okay. I love you.”
Happy Birthday in Heaven to Sister
Sisters share a close bond that those who don’t have a sister simply can’t comprehend. You will always want to wish your sister a happy birthday on her special day – even when she’s in Heaven – so here are some messages to help you do that.
41. “I’ve spent the whole day looking through photos of us during happier times. I’ve laughed, cried, gone numb, and felt the pain of losing you all over again. Happy birthday, sweet sister. It’s not the same here without you.”
42. “When you left, a piece of me went with you. Happiest of heavenly birthdays to my precious sister. What a wonderful celebration we’ll have once we’re reunited again.”
43. “There are no words to describe how I’m feeling right now. Sad, yes. But yet joyful, too. Happy birthday, _______.”
44. “I’m sitting here trying to come up with a way to tell you happy birthday when there’s really no way to physically do so. It’s breaking my heart, but I’ll say it anyway: Happy birthday, sister. You are sorely missed.”
45. “I will always celebrate you.”
Happy Birthday in Heaven for Someone Dear
46. We shall never break even though the great bond that exists between us you are not with us anymore. Your teachings and guidance shall forever remain in our hearts. Happy birthday!
47. I must say how tough it has been ever since you left us. Although our lives have never been the same, we are joyful to celebrate your Big Day today, knowing that you are smiling in Heaven.
48. You are not with me today to blow the candles on your cake, but I want you to know that the beautiful memories of you shall forever bring me something special to cherish. Happy anniversary in Heaven!
49. I celebrate you today and every other day because you have been the sweetest part of my life and the memories of you shall forever dwell in my mind. Wishing you joy on your birthday in Heaven!
50. In my heart, you shall forever remain despite the fact that you are not with me any longer. Wishing you a lovely birthday!
51. Being without you anymore causes my heart to ache, but I derive great comfort and joy knowing that you made it to Heaven and that you are happy up there. Wishing you a smiley birthday, dear!
Happy Birthday in Heaven to Family Member
52. Every year the date of your birthday brings into my mind the grand celebrations we held that filled with joy our spirit. Now that you are gone, I will always remember you for the great person you always were. Happy birthday dear uncle, wherever you find yourself I want to tell you that you will always be present in my heart.
53. Happy day dear Mother, I miss you very much. Even if you are now my guardian angel and protect me from heaven, I would like to be able to feel your love once again, even for a moment, to hold you tight and tell you that I love you.
54. Dear dad, you are now in paradise, for sure when you watch us from above you realize that we really miss you. We miss your love and your wise advice. I want to tell you that you will always be present in my heart and that I wish you a happy birthday.
55. To my mommy who is in heaven, I wish you a happy birthday, I would give you a hug if I could, but now I can only feel your love in my heart. I send you my prayers so that you can see me and realize that I love you with all my heart.
56. Ever since you left our side several years ago, you left a big hole in my life. Now that big hole is covered in your memories that I keep with love, so that I can always remember a friend who always behaved as my brother. Happy day to my soul brother…you are unique to me.
57. God chose you first and even though it caused us great pain and we feel very sad for your departure, we know that you are now in a better place.
58. We pray to the Lord to make us stronger so that we can take the sad news of your passing away. Now that we are on your birthday and you are in heaven, we want you to feel our love and affection. Help us find the way to heaven so that someday we can meet with you again, happy birthday.
59. Although we are still sad for your loss, I am pleased to understand that you are now in paradise and from above you can enlighten our path and protect us. I want to tell you that I will always have the best memories of you and that you will always be in our hearts. Know that I love you and I wish you a happy birthday.
60. I appreciate all the love you gave us in life, and now that you are in heaven for all your protection. My heart will belong to you forever and my gift to you on this day will be keeping my promise to love you forever. Happy birthday my love, I will always love you
61. I thank you for all the love you showed me in life, and for guiding me from the sky, now that you are not among us anymore. Happy birthday dear sister, we are very happy to keep your memories in our hearts.
62. We wish that all the love we feel for you and that we maintain despite your passing away can reach up to heaven for your birthday. Happy birthday in heaven and now more than ever you are present in our memories.
63. You have become my little angel, because of that you can sense that we miss you very much and that we have you present now more than ever because today is your birthday. Happy birthday dear brother, you will always be present in our hearts.
64. I still remember the plans we shared together, that is because I still love you and you are present in my heart. Happy birthday, protect me until the day we have the chance of getting back together again in heaven.
65. Today is your birthday, and I would like to give you all my love. I wish you a happy birthday today, where you are having a better life. Today I am very excited because you still make my heart vibrate with joy every time I remember you.
66. I hope you could listen to me. The whole family misses you a lot. I know you are in a better and safer place right now. I wish you a heap of happiness in heaven.
67. On this birthday, you aren’t with us. You’ve bid us goodbye to be in a better place. We get happy as well as emotional by remembering all those times we’ve spent with you. We hope that you are happy and comfortable in God’s house.
68. If you were alive, we would have celebrated your birthday like we used to. This year, we won’t be having much celebration on your birthday but, to pay tribute to all those happy moments spent with you, we are going to cut a cake. Be happy, you are in heaven now.
69. Ever since you left us, there wasn’t a single day when we didn’t miss you. We have lost a part of us. But, as you are in the kingdom of God now, we know that you are in the purest place. Keep guiding us towards the right path from there.
70. Birthdays are supposed to be happy but on this birthday of yours, I’m experiencing a sense of grief as you are not here with me. I wish I could bring you back. Nevertheless, I always wanted you to be happy and today, I wish for the same.
71. When I saw the date today, I could sense you speaking to me and asking me to bake your favorite chocolate-flavored cake. To continue the streak, I’m still baking the cake for your birthday. I hope we could have it together. Stay happy and keep smiling as you are in paradise now.
72. Birthday wishes after the death of a father: “I know you may be thinking of your father today. We all miss his amazing presence and are sending you bunch of love on your birthday.”
73. Birthday wishes after the death of a mother: “I know today may be bringing up memories of your mom. I’m thinking of you on your birthday and am here for you if you need anything.”
74. How to wish a widow or widower happy birthday: “While you may be thinking of your partner today, I want to tell you just how loved you are. I hope you experience some special moments on your birthday.”
75. How to say happy birthday after the loss of a child: “I realize your birthday may be bringing up memories of your little one today. I know today may be painful, but I am here for you and love you so much.”
76. Wishing someone a happy birthday after the death of a sibling: “I imagine you may be thinking of your (brother or sister) today and may be missing them a ton. I am here to support you. Let me know if it’s okay to drop off something special for you today. I love you.”
- Thank You Messages for Birthday Wishes
- Expensive Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
- Touching Loss Of Pet Poetry
- Prayers For Loss of a Loved One
How to Say Happy Birthday to Someone Who Just Lost a Loved One
77. We know you might be feeling incomplete without your father’s presence on your birthday. We as your friends, also miss his presence. He was such a jovial and cheerful person. Sending you loads of love on your birthday.
78. “Mother”, the word says it all, it doesn’t require any definition. I’m saddened listening to the news of Aunt’s demise. I know how hard this birthday would be for you, without her. No one can ever take her place but do tell me if you require anything.
79. Being loved by the person you love is one of the unique yet happiest feelings one could ever experience. I know how bad the untimely demise of your lover has affected you. But I want you to understand that he’s always there with you, maybe from a little special place now.
80. I know you may be thinking of all those moments that you’ve spent with your grandfather. He was such a young-hearted person. Trust me, wherever he is, he will be feeling proud of all your achievements. Happy birthday, champ!
81. I understand that the time is tough for you and your family, but I want you to know that you are strong. On your birthday, I wish you more power and strength to endure this difficult phase of your life.
82. My friend, the situations aren’t always in our favor but that’s when we have to stand strong against our life. And, whenever you need anything, tell me, I will be at your service. Happy birthday, friend!
- Comforting Prayer For Loss Of Loved One
- Get Through the Loss of a Friend
- Loss Of Mother Sympathy Card
- Prayers for those in Grief Over a Loss
83. “I’m sorry dad isn’t around to celebrate, but I hope that you remember all the times he was.”
84. “Mom, it’s your first birthday without Dad, and I know you’re missing him, especially today. I wish he were here with you on your big day. Love you.”
85. “Happy Birthday, Darling! I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss your big day.”
86. “Although we don’t know what you must be going through, just know that we are sending our love. Give our best to our niece and nephew. Happy Birthday, brother.”
87. “Toni, you must be missing Mieraye with every core of your being today. I wish I were there to give you a big hug and tell you happy birthday in person.”
88. “Auntie Sue, I wish I was there to hug my favorite aunt on her special day! Uncle Jerome is always popping in my head, making me laugh—like he always did.”
89. “David, I hope my letter brightens your day a little bit. I’ve enclosed an old photo that I came across one of you and grandpa when you were a tyke. Happy Birthday.”
90. “Happy Birthday, Lori! The photo that’s coming through was from the winery concert last summer. You can see the mischievousness in Amber’s eyes perfectly. How she loved you.”
91. “Karen, I just remembered that today is your birthday! I hope you’re still planning on making rhubarb pie and setting a place for your brother.”
92. “Happy Birthday, my dear friend. I only just saw that Maja passed away a few months ago. I can only imagine what you must be feeling today.”
93. “Keaton, even though times are rough right now, I wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I hope you find some sunshine in your day. I’m here if you need someone to talk to.”
94. “I wish we had reconnected under better circumstances a month ago at Uncle Ed’s wake, but I hope that you have Happy Birthday, Melissa.”
95. “Take the day off tomorrow and spend it with your family. I hope you have a happy birthday.”
96. “We have appreciated you and your family throughout the years and know this is a tough time for your family. But our whole staff wanted to let you know we wish you well on your birthday.”
97. “I know I won’t see you today, but I hope you have a wonderful birthday even though you’re going through so much pain.”
98. “This must be a tough day for you after just losing Spike just last week. But we still wanted to bring in a cake to celebrate your day.”
99. “Happy Birthday, Sis. I know this is a hard one, but we’re all here for you.”
100. “When we lost your mother, I never thought I’d get to a place where I’d be okay again. But I am sure that Caleb and grandma are looking down on us right now and wishing you a wonderful birthday.”
Birthday wishes after deaths are sentimental mostly to the loved ones who are left behind. Telling your deceased dear ones that you are missing them on their Birthday will even bring you mental peace.
Messages to say Happy Birthday to someone in heaven with how much you miss them are simple and beautiful. Send heavenly Birthday wishes to a deceased loved one, pray for their peaceful afterlife and you are good to go.