– Quotes About Lost Friend 2022 –
Losing friends is a painful experience. Whether it’s from simply growing apart, betrayal, or unexpected death, the event can be a devastating blow to our emotional wellbeing.
Below you’ll find a collection of wise and insightful quotes on losing friends. They stick by us, see us at our worst, are there in the hard times, and do so selflessly. So when we lose one of those friends it can be devastating.
The pain of losing someone so important and special to us cannot be overstated. But how do we deal with the grief that the death of a friend leads to? How do we get by when a loved one is torn from our lives?
It’s at times like this that those suffering such a loss seek comfort. They look to understand what has happened and find some relief in knowing others have gone through a similar bereavement.
Have felt the same emotions they do. Maybe even be inspired to move on with their lives if the time is right.
Short Quotes About the Death of a Friend
These short Quotes About Lost Friend 2022 and sayings sum up losing a friend to death in the most concise and straightforward way.
- “The comfort of having a friend may be taken away, but not that of having had one”–Seneca
- “Be the things you loved most about the people who are gone” – Unknown
- “We can’t feel the lose of a friend until they are apart from us” – Debolina
- “To lose a friend is the greatest of all loses” – Syrus
- “There’s a thing that keeps surprising you about stormy old friends after they die; their silence” – Ben Becht
- “A friend who dies, it’s something of you who dies” – Gustave Flaubert
- “The loss of a friend is the greatest of losses” – Publilius Syrus
- “Death ends a life, not a relationship” – Jack Lemmon
- “Life without a friend is like death without a witness” – John Ray
- “This passion, and the death of a dear friend, would go near to make a man look sad” – William Shakespeare
Losing Friends Quotes and Sayings
- We all lose friends.. we lose them in death, to distance, and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not. The key is to keep them in your heart, and when the time is right, you can pick up the friendship right where you left off. Even the lost find their way home when you leave the light on. Amy Marie Walz
- Good God! How often are we to die before we go quite off this stage? In every friend, we lose a part of ourselves and the best part. Alexander Pope.
- If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, do not accept, as you may lose a friend. Saint Augustine.
- Sometimes life is hard to bear when a friend is just not there. Unknown.
- Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye? Unknown.
- You can gain a friend in a year, but lose a friend in a minute. Unknown.
- Friends are forever, you might lose them but you’ll never forget them. Unknown.
- It breaks my heart; it makes me sad to think of all the times we had. You made me laugh, and you made me cry. And all that I can do is sigh and wonder why. Unknown.
- The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb. Unknown.
- Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. Khalil Gibran.
- 93 Grief Quotes 2022 to Share With Someone Who is Grieving
- 20 Touching Loss Of Pet Poetry 2022 to Find Comfort In
- 20+ Death Quotes 2022 that will Comfort and Inspire you
- 50+ Best Heartfelt Condolence Messages 2022 and Quotes
- 80+ Death Anniversary Quotes to Comfort Yourself or a Loved One
- Sympathy Bible Verses 2022 and Messages to Comfort at Funerals
- Funny Yiddish Sayings 2022: 65 Best Yiddish Quotes, Sayings ; Proverbs
Quotes About Losing a Friend and Moving On
- Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those, who are friends. Richard Bach.
- Moving on is simple, what you leave behind that makes it difficult. Unknown.
- As we grow up, we learn that even the one person who wasn’t supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once, and it’s harder every time. You’ll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. Also, you’ll fight with your best friend. You’ll blame a new love for things an old one did. You’ll cry, because time is passing too fast, and you’ll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like they have not hurt you because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you’ll never get back. Unknown.
- You meet people who forget you. You forget people you meet. But sometimes you meet those people you can’t forget. Those are your friends. Unknown.
- Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew. Unknown.
- Excuse me, then! You know my heart; But dearest friends, alas! Must part. John Gay.
- We always thought we’d look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we’d look back on our laughter and cry. Unknown.
- Hearts live by being wounded. Oscar Wilde.
- A good friend is hard to find, hard to lose, and hard to forget. Unknown.
- Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before, advanced a stage or two upon that road which you must travel in the steps they trod. Unknown.
Sad Quotes About Losing a Friend
Sadness, when a friend dies, is a given, but knowing others experience the same can help us feel less alone. These are some heartbreaking and depressing quotes about losing a friend.
- “Even the best of friends cannot attend each other’s funeral”–Kehlog Albran
- heartstrings always connect “Those of us love and lose into infinity” – Terri Guillemets
- “The loss of a friend is like that of a limb; time may heal the anguish of the wound, but the loss cannot be repaired”–Robert Southey
- “When our friends are alive, we see the good qualities they lack; dead, we remember only those they possessed”–J. Petit-Senn
- “Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same”–Unknown
- “Nothing endears so much a friend as sorrow for his death. The pleasure of his company has not so powerful an influence”–David Hume.
- “You cannot stop loving your friend because he’s dead, especially if he was better than anyone alive, you know?”–Jerome Salinger
- “Don’t be surprised if you grieve more for a friend than you did for a recently deceased relative. The old saying, ‘You pick your friends, they thrust relatives upon you,’ holds true here. Friends are special people in our eyes because we hold them to be. Friends fill time in our lives that will be vacant when they die”–Helen Fitzgerald.
- “There are no happy endings. Endings are the saddest part. So just give me a happy middle And a very happy start”–Shel Silverstein.
- “When people die,’ she said softly, ‘It doesn’t mean you’re ready to give them up”–C.A. Belmond
Inspirational Quotes About Losing a Friend
Whilst nothing can stop the grief and devastation of losing someone close to you it’s important to remember all the good times and happy memories. That’s what the quotes below are focusing on – making sure we don’t forget our friends and the joy they brought us.
- “I don’t think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that remains” – Anne Frank
- “While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil” – John Taylor
- “True friends are the ones who never leave your heart, even if they leave your life for a while. Even after years apart, you pick up with them right where you left off, and even if they die they’re never dead in your heart” – Unknown.
- “Tell your friend that in his death, a part of you dies and goes with him. Wherever he goes, you also go. He will not be alone” – Jiddu Krishnamurti.
- “We all lose friends… we lose them in death, to distance, and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not. The key is to keep them in your heart, and when the time is right, you can pick up the friendship right where you left off. Even the lost find their way home, when you leave the light on” – Amy Marie Waltz.
- “Chance can not break the bond between friends; no interval of time or space can destroy it. Not even death itself can part true friends” – John Cassian.
- “When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure” – Unknown
- “Every deceased friend is a magnet drawing us into another world”–Eliza Cook
- “Love is stronger than death even though it can’t stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can’t separate people from love. It can’t take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death” – Anonymous.
- “You will lose someone you can’t live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp” – Anne Lamott.