– Death Quotes –
But for as long as you are alive, you should live your life to the fullest and make sure to enjoy it.
May these inspirational death quotes help you accept death as part of life, acquire informative facts about death, help you deal with sadness, and properly handle the pain caused by grief.
- Heartfelt Sympathy Messages
- Religious Sympathy & Condolence Messages
- Sympathy and Condolence Message for Father
- Sympathy Bible Verses
Helpful Death Quotes on the Ways We Grieve
A sad fact is that with life comes death. It will happen to all of us. But that doesn’t make dealing with or understanding it any easier.
The devastation that the death of a friend or loved one causes is profound. And facing up to our mortality can be distressing too.
So looking for a way to cope or help with the loss of someone is natural. We seek ways to make tough times that bit easier, as well as some understanding.
20+ Death Quotes that will Comfort and Inspire you
Short Death Quotes
These are some very simple and short quotes on death that quickly sum up the deep and long-lasting impact it has on people.
- “Death may be the greatest of all human blessings” – Socrates
- “How people die remains in the memory of those who live on” – Dame Cicely Saunders
- “Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them” – George Eliot
- “It is natural to die as to be born” – Francis Bacon
- “Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “No one can confidently say that he will still be living tomorrow” – Euripides
- “Death, they say, acquits us of all obligations” – Michel Eyquem de Montaigne
- “The goal of all life is death” – Sigmund Freud
- “After your death you will be what you were before your birth” – Arthur Schopenhauer
- “No one here gets out alive” – Jim Morrison
- “Nothing in life is promised except death” – Kanye West
- “I want to be all used up when I die” – George Bernard Shaw
Inspirational Death Quotes About Mourning
- 1. “Guilt is perhaps the most painful companion to death.”- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- 2. “You will lose someone you can’t live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news.
- 3. “There is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”- Winnie the Pooh
- 4. “If I can see the pain in your eyes, then share with me your tears. If I can see the joy in your eyes, then share with me your smile.” – Santosh Kalwar
- 5. “Deep grief sometimes is almost like a specific location, a coordinate on a map of time. When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place.
- 6. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope.” – Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love
- 7. “There is an hour, a minute – you will remember it forever – when you know instinctively on the basis of the most inconsequential evidence, that something is wrong.
- 8. You don’t know – can’t know – that it is the first of a series of “wrongful” events that will culminate in the utter devastation of your life as you have known it.”- Joyce Carol Oates, A Widow’s Story
- 9. “When a friend of Abigail and John Adams was killed at Bunker Hill, Abigail’s response was to write a letter to her husband and include these words, ‘My bursting heart must find vent at my pen.’” – David McCullough
- 10. “And we wept that one so lovely should have a life so brief.” – William Cullen Bryant
Sad Death Quotes
Death almost always brings about unhappiness and despair for those who have lost someone. These quotes reflect that sadness and the pain death brings to those it affects.
- “And we wept that one so lovely should have a life so brief” – William Cullen Bryant
- “Grief is the price we pay for love” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “They say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time” – Banksy
- “After all, what’s a life, anyway? We’re born, we live a little while, we die” – E.B. White
- “Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out” – Mitch Albom
- “The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone” – Harriet Beecher-Stowe
- “We will all, someday, experience death, and become obsolete as a dead leaf falling from a tree, crushed by passers-by to ashes underlying the earth” – Kim Elizabeth
- “The loss of a friend is like that of a limb; time may heal the anguish of the wound, but the loss cannot be repaired” – Robert Southey
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal” – Unknown
- “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear” – Unknown
- “Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left in our hearts” – Dorothy Ferguson
- “A friend who dies, it’s something of you who dies” – Gustave Flaubert
- “Many people die at twenty five and aren’t buried until they are seventy five” – Benjamin Franklin
Life and Death Quotes
- Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. – Norman Cousins
- I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to. – Jimi Hendrix
- Endings are not always bad. Most times they’re just beginnings in disguise. – Kim Harrison
- It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it’s called life. – Terry Pratchett
- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. – J.K. Rowling
- Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. – Ernest Hemingway
- I regret not death. I am going to meet my friends in another world. – Ludovico Ariosto
- It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live. – Marcus Aurelius
- Heartfelt Words of Sympathy for Lost of Mother
- Funeral Messages 2022
- How to Write A Touching Condolence Letter
- Condolence Messages to Boss
- Rest in Peace Messages
Inspirational Death Quotes
Even after a friend or loved one has passed away we can find ways to stay positive and be inspired by the life they lead. Use these inspirational death quotes to focus on the good times and remember that life goes on.
- “We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will” – Chuck Palahniuk
- “It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time” – Samuel Johnson
- “Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there’s a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see” – Helen Keller
- “Death is something inevitable. When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace” – Nelson Mandela
- “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose” – Steve Jobs
- “The truth I have been seeking – this truth is Death. Yet Death is also a seeker. Forever seeking me. So – we have met at last. And I am prepared. I am at peace” – Bruce Lee
A part of life and the hardest when it’s someone dear, these Death Quotes can provide you solace in your time of grieving. If you know someone that is after the recent loss of a loved one, share these insightful Death Quotes to help them in their time of suffering.
Death is one of the most difficult things that any of us will have to deal with in our lives.
May these inspirational Death Quotes help you accept death as part of life, acquire informative facts about death, help you deal with sadness, and to properly handle the pain caused by grief.
Share these Death Quotes with your friends, family, and loved ones to inspire them as well.