– What to Say When Someone Dies 2022 –
Are you lost of what to say when someone dies? It is true that you might feel sorry but not know how to express to condolences or give your Sympathy Messages when someone dies.
One of the most traumatic experiences in life is the death of a loved one. Losing the people that were part of our lives and that matter to us leaves us with nothing but grief and sorrow.
We want to extend our condolences to those left behind when death helps them cope and move on.
Expressing condolences is a sensitive way of conveying sympathy and offering support. It’s also a way of showing gratitude and honoring departed memory.
The 65 best sympathy quotes and messages to say when someone dies below will help you convey sympathy and offer support to the bereaved.
75 Words of Sympathy to Say When Someone Dies
- “Let the memories of your father’s life provide you with the comfort you need during this challenging time.”
- “What beautiful memories the two of you have made together. I can’t imagine the loss you have suffered, but know I’m here for you now and always.”
- “Words, no matter how kind, can’t mend your heartache. However, those who care for you wish you comfort and peace of mind.”
- “If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them.” – James O’Barr
- “I was so sorry to hear about your friend’s passing. I hope that you know that I am here for you whenever you need.”
- “I could always count on your father to lighten the mood with a good joke. There will never be another man quite like him and his memory will live on forever.”
- “Your husband was truly an incredible soul, full of strength, love, and much more. Our deepest condolences to you for your loss. We’ll always be here for you in times of need.”
- We cannot turn back the clock, so we have to look ahead. In the days to come as you walk through life without the support and care of your husband, may God be there every step of the way to lead and guide you. Please accept my deepest sympathies for the loss of your husband.
- “I always admired your mother’s caring and selfless nature. She was a loyal friend and someone who was always a pleasure to have around.” What to Say when someone Dies.
- Knowing your husband has been a great blessing and now that he is gone we share in your sorrow and grief. We will never forget all the wonderful ways in which he touched our lives. We are sorry for your loss and are praying for you.
- It was such a shock to hear of your husband’s passing. I am still trying to get over the tragic news. Your husband was so well thought of by everyone who knew him and he will be sorely missed. You have my very sincere sympathy. Stay strong.
- “If the bond between two people is strong, even death cannot do them apart.” What to Say when someone Dies
- “Your son/daughter was a true inspiration to everyone around him/her. I am lucky to have known him/her for the time that I did. Our prayers are with you.”
- “Our hearts go out to you and your family. Although I don’t know exactly what to say, I want you to know that I am with you in thought and wish you comfort and peace as you remember (name).”
- My heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your husband. I know you had a grand marriage and loved him so much. I share your grief at this hard time.
- “I cannot fully express the sorrow I feel for you. I am thinking about you always and am just a call away.”
- “Sorry for your loss. I celebrate the life of (name) and am mourning him/her with you in this trying time.” What to Say when someone Dies.
- “I can’t express how much (name) meant to me over the years. He/She always brought so much light into the lives of those around him/her. My condolences to you and your wonderful family.”
- “He was an amazing friend, husband, and exceptional human being. A great soul, may he rest in peace. Sorry to hear about this news. We stand with you in this time of need.”
- “I will always remember the special times your mother and I spent together. She was one of my closest and dearest friends. She will be missed.”
- It is not how long a man lives, but how deep that life is. In your pain and sorrow, remember that he was a great man. Our sincere sympathies for the death of your husband.
- I was very sorry to hear of your husband’s passing. He was a wonderful man and I thought the world of him. You have my deepest sympathy. I hope that knowing that others share in your grief will bring you some consolation.
- “The comfort of having a friend may be taken away, but not that of having had one.” – Seneca
- “Wishing you strength and peace during this hard time.”
- “The love your spouse had for you is something that can never be taken away. Hold on to that and know that they are there with you always.”
- “Let the memories of your father provide you with comfort and serve as guidance.”
- Just heard about your husband and wanted to let you know how deeply sorry I am. I hope you are holding up ok. See you soon.
- “Your mother’s kindness was contagious and her memory will live on forever.”
- Please accept my deepest sympathies for the loss of your spouse. I knew him as a wonderful, caring and responsible man and I cannot begin to imagine what you are your children are going through. You can count on me to be with you whenever you need me.
- It was with shock and sorrow that I received the news of the death of your beloved husband. My heart and my hands reach out to you and the children, and whenever you need me and for whatever reason please call on me and I will be there for you.
- “Words can’t express the loss of (name). Know that I’m here for you and your family in these difficult times when you need anything.”
- “No one can ever replace the amazing person that your spouse was. My thoughts are with you during this time.” What to Say when someone Dies
- “When the person you are closest to is gone, hold on to their memories and know that they are always with you.”
- “The love and joy that your child brought to us will never be forgotten. We are thinking of you and your family during this tragic time.”
- “(Name of friend/coworker) will be in our hearts and memories forever.”
- “I’m sure your heart is aching. We want you to know that we are here for you if you need anything. Expect us to check in soon.”
- “Your father was one of the most generous men I have ever met. He was always lending a hand to others and reaching out when they were in need.”
- “A father’s guiding hand always sits on the shoulder of his children.”
- The curtain has fallen and this great man’s role has ended. His legacy will live on in the wonderful things he did for those who knew him. May this tribute be a reflection of the glorious life he lived. My deepest sympathies for the loss of your husband and father.
- I pay tribute and honor to a great man who walked this earth and has left it so suddenly. He has left footprints in my heart and life and I will miss him greatly. My heart goes out to you and your children as you mourn the passing of your husband and father.
- “Nothing quite compares to the love of a spouse. I want you to know that I am thinking about you and am here for you always.” – What to Say when someone Dies.
- Your husband touched many lives and inspired all those he came in contact with. The world has truly lost a great man and we share your sorrow. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We are very sorry for your loss.
- “I remember the first time I met your father. He made me feel so welcome and comfortable right away.”
- “Your child’s big heart and personality were contagious. My heart breaks for you and your family during this time.”
- “A mother is with us always, first in her lifetime, then forever in our memory.”
- “I’ll remember (name) in many positive ways-with a big smile and a great sense of humor, always great with a story.”
- “My deepest condolences to you and your family during this time. Your mother was an amazing woman and she will truly be missed.” What to Say when someone Dies
- “We are deeply sorry about the loss of (name). As you grieve, know that we are remembering and honoring him/her.”
- I am so very sorry for your loss. Your husband was a good man. We share your grief at this very sad and difficult time.
- Words may not sufficiently express the sorrow we feel at the loss of your husband. He was a good friend, mentor and counselor to us and we will greatly miss him. Our thoughts are with you during this painful time, please accept our sincere sympathies.
- “Your husband was surely a gem of a person. He will be missed for his goodness in life. Stay strong and know there is a whole community at your side.”
- I was so deeply saddened to hear of your husband’s passing. He was a wonderful man. You have our deepest sympathy.
- “Your father was an extremely caring and kind man. I know that no matter where you are, he will always watch over you.”
- How very sad to hear of your husband’s death. The community has lost one of its very best. He will be long remembered for all the good works he did. My deepest sympathy is with you and your family at this very sad and difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
- I was very sorry to hear the news. I am deeply saddened by your loss.
- “My thoughts are with you during this time. I am so sorry for your loss.”
- “I can only imagine how difficult this time is for you. We’ll be mourning his passing with you and celebrating the life of a good man.
- “There is no one in this world like your mother. She was a special woman and she will be with you always.”
- Please know that you have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your husband. I know that there is little I can say to console you but please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this tragic time.
- I take this time to express my sincere heartfelt sympathies for the loss of your husband. He was a man who inspired us by his genuine love and care for his family, a genuine leader indeed. We will sadly miss him and our prayers are with you and your family at this painful time.
- “Extending our deepest sympathy to you during this time. Our prayers and blessings are with you.”
- “No amount of words can express the pain that you are going through. We are sending you love and prayers and hope you are able to find strength during this dark time.”
- Losing your husband is not easy and even in the days to come as you mourn, may God of all comfort hold you and the children up. Remember that you are not alone for we your family and friends are here to walk through these dark times with you. I am very sorry for your loss.
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love, leaves a memory no one can steal.”
- “We’ve shared our lives these many years. You’ve held my hand; you’ve held my heart. So many blessings, so few tears – yet for a moment, we must part. Thinking of you and the loss of your husband in this time.”
- I was so sorry to hear that (name) died.
- I can’t imagine how you must be feeling. – What to Say when someone Dies
- We love you and we want you to know we’re thinking of you.
- I just wanted to say that if you need to talk, I’m here for you.
- I know how much you loved him. – What to Say when someone Dies
- We’re always here for you, if you need anything. Big or small.
- I don’t know what to say, except that I’m so sorry. There are no words. – What to Say when someone Dies
- Your dad was such a kind and thoughtful man. He’s going to be missed so much.
- This must be so hard for you.
- We all loved Laura. She had a way of making people smile. We’re going to miss her. What to Say when someone Dies.
- I wish I had the right words for you. All I can say is that I’m here if you need someone to listen.
If you found this article helpful, kindly a comment and share with your loved ones.