120 Rest in Peace Messages and RIP Quotes for the Deceased Family
Finding the right words of condolence to offer to the bereaved is difficult or ways to say rest in peace. There is no perfect rest in peace message; there’s nothing you could say that will make the sorrow disappear.
However, the following brief and simply rest in peace messages will let the grieving family know you care and some to write on the tombstone:
- 50+ Best Heartfelt Condolence Messages and Quotes
- Comforting Words of Sympathy and Condolence Message for Father
- 30 Most Heartfelt Prayers For Loss of a Loved One
- 31 Best Comforting Prayers for Loss of a Loved One
- 20 Touching Loss Of Pet Poetry to Find Comfort In
120 Best Rest in Peace Messages
1. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your brother. My family’s hearts are with you and your family.
2. We want to offer our prayers and condolences to you and your family.
3. Call unto me, and I will answer you… Jeremiah 33:3
4. Your loss deeply saddens us; may our prayers guide his soul to our Heavenly Father. Sincere condolences!
5. Dear, you left everything behind in such a short time! We will miss you greatly. You will always be in my prayers and thoughts!
6. Coming to terms with your passing away has been incredibly tough for me, Dad, I want to thank you for being the best Dad ever. Rest in peace.
7. You will be missed forever and always. The beautiful moments you shared with us will always speak of the great person you were. Rest in peace up in heaven!
8. The loss of a friend like you is something that can never be recovered. You have always been an important part of my life. Now you are gone. I pray for your departed soul!
9. Dear friend, no word can express how sorry I feel about your unfortunate death! May you rest in peace. You will always be in our loving memories.
10. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1.
Say this to the Bereaved
11. No words can describe how sorry I am for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.
12. There is nothing in this world that hurts more than losing someone close to us. I pray you are at peace now.
13. I offer you my thoughts, prayers, and well wishes during this dark time in your life.
14. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29.
15. Sending my deep and heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. My heart goes out to you on the passing of your brother.
16. The news of (Name) passing deeply saddened us. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
17. I express my greatest condolences at the news of his sudden death. May he rest in peace.
18. I am deeply saddened by the loss of your mother. God rest her soul.
19. The bonds I shared with your aunt can never be severed. While her breath may have left her body, she will continue to live on in our memories.
20. You were the protector and the shelter of this family. Today you are gone but you left your footsteps here so we can follow them for the rest of our lives. RIP!
21. A man may die but his legacy will continue through his deeds. Today the pain of losing you is difficult to bear because this world needed you for some more years.
Sorry for Your Loss
22. My love, it is hard to believe that you have left this beautiful world behind, but I am sure you are in a better place now.
24. My sincere condolences to you on your significant loss. You and your family would be in my thoughts and prayers. Please stay strong!
25. Working was fun with him/her. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of such an amazing person. My thoughts are with you.
26. Our condolences to you and your family on the passing of your aunt. May our friendship and prayers ease you through this challenging time.
27. My dearest uncle, I still fondly recall your positive approach to life. Death may have taken you away from us, but you’ll always remain alive in our hearts. Rest in peace.
28. It’s hard to see someone lifeless whose smile made our everyday great. I cannot describe the pain we are feeling. We love you. RIP!
29. My precious, not even death can break the bond we had. You were the most amazing person in my life! May you rest in peace.
30. You gave me the truest form of love, care, and affection. I hope as you join god up in the sky; he accepts you with the same love, care, and affection.
31. Death may have taken you away from me, but it could never take your memories away. You will always be in my heart in your own special place. RIP!
Accept my Condolences
32. We have always been together in good times and bad times. Today you may leave this earth without me, but someday I will meet you there. May God rewards you with a peaceful afterlife!
33. I feel truly saddened that you are no more with us. May God bless you.
34. That you should know no further sorrow.
35. I really wish it was a dream. I hope I will wake up sometime later and find you sitting beside me and smiling. Please wake me up from this nightmare.
36. May the soul of the dearly departed rest in peace, may my prayers help guide her on her journey to our Creator.
37. Heaven has received a new member.
38. (Name of deceased) is resting with the lord.
39. You have accomplished many good things in life, worked hard, and always followed the path of honesty. You sleep well, my friend. God has a beautiful reward for you!
40. May fond memories of your (Relative) bring you comfort during this hard time in your life. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
41. You had your duties done. You kept your promises and led a very honest but elegant life. Your memories will always guide us to the right path. RIP!
42. God sees and knows everything. He is with you right now. Rest in Peace Messages.
43. It breaks my heart to come to terms with your absence in this world, grandpa. It was an honor to have shared some of my years with you. Rest in peace.
Our Thoughts are with You
44. We want to express our sorrow and condolences to you and your family. She will be a part of our prayers from now on.
45. I am sorry for your loss, and I want you to know that I will be praying for strength, peace, and comfort for you and your family.
46. The news of (Name of deceased deeply saddened us) passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
47. My deepest condolences to those who lost their loved ones. May you all Rest in Peace.
48. His compassion, they fail not. They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23. Rest in Peace Messages.
49. My dear wife, you were the light of my life and I cannot express the grief I feel at your sudden departure. May God bless your soul.
50. Words cannot describe what I am feeling. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
51. May my condolences bring you comfort, and may my prayers ease the pain of this loss.
52. Please accept my deepest condolences and know that God loves you and can restore your spirits, give you peace, and strengthen you.
53. I would like to offer my sympathy for the sudden death of your wife. It’s difficult to lose your spouse, but I pray for you to stay well.
54. Dear grandpa, your death has left an irreplaceable void in my heart. I miss our deep conversations and I miss playing chess with you. I hope you are in a better place now. Rest in peace.
No One Can Take Your Place
55. No one could ever take your place in my heart. Today I am crying because I have lost a person who occupied a very special place in my heart! RIP.
56. In loving memory of my sister, who was the kindest, purest, and most amazing woman that I had ever seen, may her soul rest in peace.
57. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy for this unfortunate event. Praying for the deceased soul.
58. Dear sister, you may not be with us today in blood and flesh, but your footsteps can never be erased. You will always live in our hearts!
59. I can only imagine what you must felt, Dad. Truly, this is an irreplaceable loss for our family. I hope she’s in a better place now.
60. Having to part ways with you was one of the most painful moments in my life. See you in heaven grandma! I miss you a lot.
61. Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember (Departed).
62. Why does God send the angel on earth if he does not allow them to stay here forever? I can’t believe you are no more on this earth. Rest in peace!
63. The sudden departure of your father is making my heart cry. Sending my heartfelt sympathies. May Lord give you all the strength to bear this tough time.
64. Dear Brother, my heart aches to learn that you are no more with us. You were my biggest inspiration and you will be missed so dearly!
Take Heart Messages
65. I would trade anything from my life to bring you back again. But some things in life are one-way. You can never rewind them back. Rest in peace, my love.
66. Everyone has to go one day or another. But some departures are too much to bear. This world deserved people like you but I guess heaven deserved you more!
67. Still trying to recover from the shock of losing you, Mum. I pray that your soul finds peace and I hope to be reunited with you in heaven.
68. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him and I am helped. Psalm 28:7.
69. It’s an honor to remain your best friend until your last moments. Your memories will always stay with me no matter where I go and what I do! RIP!
70. Life can be so illogical at times. Today I am crying for the person who taught me how to laugh. You meant everything to me. Rest in peace, my dear!
71. Deeply saddened and affected by this tragedy. Our hearts go out to you. RIP
72. Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you.
73. May God gives you the strength to deal with your loss. Sending my condolences to you and your family, dear.
74. May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief.
75. Very few people have influenced my life the way you did. Thank you for being there. Rest in peace.
76. (Name of deceased) has found eternal rest.
77. The hope of salvation is most important in our lives when death touches us.
Rest in Peace
78. Dear husband, I never thought I would lose you this early, but you will forever be in my heart. I pray you to find peace and solace in your afterlife.
79. Please accept our sincere condolence for the death of your mother! May her soul rest in peace. My deepest sympathy to you and your family!
80. May God embraces you in comfort during this difficult time.
81. Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your wife. May you be able to find strength in this tough period of your life.
82. For the first time, it feels like life has betrayed me. It has taken away the person I cared for most. I can never forget your memories. RIP!
83. I don’t remember when was the last time I cried this much. You have left some wonderful memories that will never fade from my heart. Rest in peace!
84. I am truly sorry to hear of the loss of your father. Please accept my condolences.
85. Nothing is more painful in this world than losing someone you love so dearly. I am so much broken but I will pray for your departed soul in every moment of my life.
86. You have always been a hero to me. I always wanted to be a great human being like you. Your legacy will never fade Rest peace.
87. I never knew just how painful goodbyes were until death took you away from me. Rest in peace, my dear!
88. We’re praying that the light of God’s face shines on you in the darkness of your grief.
89. Dear, please accept my deepest condolence for your mother’s death! May she rest in peace.
89. I leave with you; my peace I give to you. John 14:27.
Deepest Sympathy Messages
90. The thought of knowing that our loved ones are in the presence of the savior can be of some comfort.
91. The tragedy of your death has left a deep wound in my heart. May your soul rest in peace.
92. Please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. He will live on in our memories forever.
93. Your sister will be missed and he will never be forgotten. May her soul rest in peace!
94. I found my soulmate in you. There was never a person nor there will ever be anyone who can take your place in my heart. Rest in peace dear!
95. I don’t want to cry because I know you can see me still. You never wanted to see me crying. All I want to say is that I love you. Death can never erase you from my heart!
96. I don’t know how to console my grieving heart at your departure. I know mourning is not the best way to say goodbye to you, but I don’t know how to control myself!
97. It’s difficult to believe that you are no more. You have always been my inspiration. It’s an honor to be part of the same family that you are also a part of. RIP!
98. You taught us what it means to be a family and showed us how to lead an honest and respectable life. You are no more today but your teachings are. May God grants you heaven.
99. Utterly devastated to hear about the tragic death of my dearest uncle. May his soul rest in peace. Rest in Peace Messages.
100. May God grant peace to the deceased and extend blessings to his family.
101. You had a pure heart and a beautiful mind. Today I have lost the person I loved most in this world. You were a treasure for me. Rest in peace!
102. The loss of your brother deeply saddens me. He will be truly missed, and I will include him in my daily prayers.
103. I cannot even begin to understand what you’re going through right now, but I would like to offer my prayers and condolences.
104. I still think about you every day, Dad. I hope and pray that you are now in a better place.
105. May the soul of (Name of deceased) rest in peace.
106. (Name of deceased) pain is gone, and it is our turn to deal with sorrow. (Name of deceased) has found eternal rest. Rest in Peace Messages.
107. With teardrops running down my face, I bid you farewell. See you in heaven, partner.
108. No matter what I say, I can never bring you back in life. I just want to pray to god so he keeps you in the best place in heaven. Rest in peace.
109. Mom, I don’t think I’ll ever recover from the inescapable tragedy of your sudden death. Thank you for being my ray of light in life. See you in heaven.
110. My heart broke down hearing the sad news. He may have died but his love for you will stay forever. Take care of yourself, please.
RIP My Dear
111. My grandmother was an exceptional woman. I still recall those delicious cookies she’d bake for me. I can’t believe she’s no longer here with us. May her departed soul rest in peace.
112. Time can never fade the memories of you. You have touched our lives in so many ways that it’s impossible to not remember you even for a moment. RIP!
113. I’ll be praying for you and your family. God’s love and grace are always with you.
114. Some truths in life are hard to accept. Your memories will never be forgotten! Those will always remain with us forever.
115. “So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.” –Helen Keller
116. Your son was a charismatic young man. It’s heartbreaking to think that he’s no more. Please accept my sincerest sympathy to you and your family.
Visiting the family is one of the ways to show the bereaved that you care.
But when you can’t make it there in person, sending a condolence message works.
We hope you could find something touching enough to send to the bereaved to show your condolences. Kindly share.