When a colleague announces that they are resigning, quitting or moving on to another company, you may want to write an admission card or note to express your appreciation and wish them well.
Heart Touching Farewell Messages for your Colleagues
1. I never thought that a day like this would come when I would have to bid farewell to you. Thank you for everything and the sweet memories of working together!
2. You leaving this job is a cruel reminder that every good thing comes to an end. You might not be my colleague anymore but you will always remain my good friend. Farewell!
3. Great to hear that you’re going away. I can’t wait to hear that you have been crowned as the “gossip queen” at the workplace. Goodbye!
4. I have seen you refusing an awesome salary and working hard to get where you are. You have the capacity of greatness and everyone who meets you know that. Good luck, buddy.
5. You have always been so much fun to be around. Thanks for being with the company through its ups and downs. Goodbye and all the best!
6. I know your new awesome salary is a large motivator but we could try to keep you here with us by promising you free food and snacks. We’ll miss you a lot. Farewell.
7. Thank you for making the workplace a fun place to be. It has been a pleasure to work with you. Farewell, and wish you all the success in your new job!
8. I have never come across someone so intelligent and smart like you during my job life. You were great to work with and you have given us tons of memories to relive with. Wish you all the best for your future!
9. You must have included gossiping as one of your hobbies on your CV to land you a new job. Goodbye, and best of luck in your new endeavor!
10. I am seriously going to miss you here. Best of luck for your new endeavor and the never-ending adventures. See you soon!
11. On the outside, I may be smiling while I wish you farewell. But on the inside, I am desperately praying that you will quit your new job and come back to work with us again. Farewell.
12. Are you going away because of the layoff notice you heard will be out soon? But wait, you’re not included in the list of mediocre workers that we’re weeding out soon. Anyway, the only thing we’re going to miss is gossiping together. I wish you good luck and success!
13. Clearly, the reason that I’m leaving is so that I don’t hinder the chances of those who are due for a promotion. But you’re aware of the fact that if I stay, the management can’t leave me to promote average coworker like you. Step your game up, and take my job! Goodbye, mate!
14. I have learned a lot from you during your time here. I wish you all the success for the future and I know you will rock in that new position. Thank you and farewell!
15. Farewell to the colleague who is most definitely going to be the “gossip bringer” in his new workplace too. Don’t forget to stay in contact. Farewell!
16. Coming to work every day and not seeing you will be painful. But the fun memories of us in the office will never diminish. Farewell, friend!
17. This is a whole new and exciting opportunity for you. We still cannot believe that you will be leaving us. Good luck out there and please keep in touch.
18. The monthly targets and performance which you achieved here were amazing. You set the standards to another level here. With a heavy heart, we bid you farewell!
19. [Name], thank you for your patience, kindness and the love you shared. We learnt a lot from you. All the best in your new job!
20. In addition to being a colleague, you have been a great friend at work. I am lucky that we worked together. Let’s be in touch always!
21. It was a pleasure working with you and your loss will be greatly felt. Thank you for your time and dedication while you worked for us. Best wishes as you embark on a new challenge.
22. You were an asset to the whole department. We are surely going to miss you out here. Wishing you a great future ahead!
23. You were always the seeker, the achiever. I know you have a lot of plans in life and I wish you go on to smash all of them. Good luck with all your future endeavors.
24. Your words will always stay in my heart and guide me during tough times. I will remember your wisdom, guidance, and memories that we shared. Farewell!
25.You were one of the best colleagues I had and thank you for being by my side during those hectic days. It has been a pleasure!
26. I am proud of you for quitting this job and going on to build your own startup (like you always have wanted to do). Go on and change the world. Good luck for your future endeavors.
27. Working here was a simple walk in the park. Now you have to make a great leap. It’s time to move on to greater things. But know this that the sweet memories we shared will forever remain with me. Farewell friend.
29. Never stop looking for new opportunities and better work. You’re meant for great things. It has been a great pleasure working and learning from you. Goodbye.
30. We all wish that the head hunter, who hunted you down for the new job, call you up and ask you to forget the new job. You are the best troublemaker this team ever had and it would be a pity to let you go. We’re pretty sure your new awesome colleagues will send you back soon enough but still, we bid you farewell!
31. The memories we shared will always be treasured. You were a true friend to all and your new awesome salary is a telltale sign of that. While it is painful to bid you farewell, we know you’re meant for bigger and better things. Good luck and do stay in contact.
32. You’ve not only been a colleague but a mentor and friend. It’s going to be weird not having you around but I know we can’t hold you back. Good luck with everything.
33. Here I was lucky to find someone like you. Hope we retain the friendship even after you have moved on. Saying goodbye with the hope of meeting you soon.
34. Your decision-making skills have always inspired me to be at your level. Farewell and good luck, sir!
35. The tiring office hours seemed much more relaxing when you were around. You will be missed here with each passing day. Farewell and all the best!
36. You must be careful in your new place! Just remember not to do something stupid that will make you end up back here—like what we did at the last Christmas party. I won’t be there to have your back at the next place, so keep your eyes peeled. Wishing you all the best!
37. It was a great pleasure working with a colleague who was so terrible that he made us look good in front of the boss. You are a true friend. We’ll miss you!
38. I hope that your next boss will hate you so much so that he’ll kick you back here. Just kidding! Be good there and all the best for your new workplace.
39. When you came on the first day of your office you were all shy and had a very different personality but when you finally opened up we came to know how humble and talented you were. You have imprinted your footprints on our hearts forever. You will be missed heavily here. Thank you and all the best!
40. Dear [insert co-worker’s name], I wish I could stay with you here, but since I couldn’t, I decided to write you this short note to bid farewell. The only thing I’ll miss about you is the latest gossip involving what’s going on in the office.
41. We are definitely worried about how the performance of our team will decrease when a colleague and an employee like you leaves. But what is more important that you will always have a special place in our hearts forever. Goodbye and all the luck!
42. Monthly targets and performance will come and go but the memories of working with a colleague like you will stay in my heart forever.
43. Your support and encouragement during the difficult and the good times were inseparable. We’ll share nothing but all the good memories of you here. All the best for your future endeavors!
44. Sometimes you realize the value of a person when you bid farewell to them. We will miss you here and all the best for your exciting future ahead.
45. May this goodbye be only momentary. And may the coming day bring you all the success both personally and professionally. Hope to meet you soon!
46. As you embark on a new path we wish you nothing but all the luck and success for the bright future ahead.
47. Today our team is going to lose its sense of humor and its heartbeat. Farewell to the colleague who made every day seem like a treat.
Messages to a Coworker when you’re Leaving the Company
It can be really hard to bid farewell to your staff and fellow colleagues. It is one of those emotional moments in an organization where you must bid farewell to your favorite.
48. I will miss you and think of you. Thank you for the good memories that we shared together!
49. If I had to play a final prank on you before bidding you farewell, I would tie your legs to your cubicle when you aren’t looking so that you can never leave us. Goodbye.
50. You’re moving away; this office is going nowhere. However, if you need someone to help proofread your work, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Here’s wishing you the best of goodbyes!
52. Having a friend like you in the workplace is a gift. Bidding farewell is one difficult part today!
53. I want to hunt down the head hunter who hunted you and tell him that he has managed the best ever hunt. Farewell!
54. Being a manager can be hard but your performance always made my work easy. We are really going to miss your work here. All the luck and good wishes for your future!
55. The knowledge that you shared with us and the learning you bought cannot be compared with anything. You have been a true and amazing leader to us. Thank you so much for everything. Your new coworkers are going to gain a truly wonderful person. May all the success bestow upon you!
56. Your contributions to this organization have been immense and tremendous. Hope you keep doing your good work in your next job as well. It was a pleasure working with you. Goodbye, my friend!
Messages to a Retiring Coworker
Here are some examples of how to say farewell to a retiring colleague:
57. Do you think you’ll be able to complete your monthly targets and performance standards without us? Just tear up your resignation letter and continue being a part of the awesome colleagues’ circle till we retire together. Good luck and farewell!
58. As the final prank, we should tie you down so that you can never leave us. It was an absolute pleasure working with you. Goodbye!
59. Bidding goodbye to a colleague who has been more than a friend is really hard. I will miss you and it will be very difficult to fill the void left by you!
60. Your ambition scares me sometimes but I know you will go on to have a phenomenal career. You are going to be the next big thing even before you know it. Keep on working hard. Farewell, my friend.
61. The only way up is by chasing your dreams. And now that you have taken a giant step and found your dream job, you are much closer in achieving what you always wanted. All the luck and warmth for your future!
62. You might be getting an awesome salary in your new job but you’ll never get as awesome colleagues like us. You know we’d want you to love to stay here but still, farewell!
63. I still don’t understand why you decided to leave the company. Do you think you can have tons of fun in your new office without us? Okay, let’s see who is going to miss what.
64. How long do you think it’ll take before I accidentally fling Cheerios and paperclips into the next cubicle, thinking that you’re still there?
65. Working with a colleague like you was so much fun. We are going to miss you here. Farewell, friend!
66. Farewell to the colleague whose work ethics, discipline, and commitment towards the organization is legendary and can never be contested. This company is losing an amazing employee and us- a true friend. You know you’ll succeed in all that you set your heart to. Our best wishes are always with you!
67. Your last day is literally one of the saddest events in our work life. Your humor, helpfulness, and innovative nature will make you a very successful person one day. We are glad that we got to share ideas and work with you. Do well.
68. I hope you will incorporate the same enthusiasm in your new workplace as you did here. Wishing you all the joy and success!
69. You leaving is that absolute worst. How am I supposed to find another person who is as wonderful to work with as you? You raised the bar too high!
70. How much more money are they giving you? Write that number down. Double it. Throw the paper away. I don’t have that kind of money, but I can bribe you with brownies, my delightful smile, jokes, and my friendship. Reconsider staying!
71. May your dreams remain big and your obstacles minor. We know that the new awesome salary is only the starting of a new journey. Stay true to yourself and your values and you’ll surely go far in life. Goodbye.
72. Second only to deciding to be my friend, moving on up is the best choice you’ve ever made, you old dog! Let’s get beers soon and celebrate this big change.
73. Our boss may be sad because of losing a hardworking and efficient employee, but we are sad because of your heart-warming smile which we will no longer see. Goodbye and see you soon.
74. I would envy you for your new job, but right now I am just shocked and sad to know that you are leaving. Farewell to the colleague who made lunch breaks awesome and added life to dull team meetings.
75. Your strategic thinking and decision making skills have enabled us to excel in our targets and performance appraisals. We appreciate all the things we have learned from you. Good luck and farewell.
76. I know that your life is going to be much more exciting in your new job but I highly doubt that you will find awesome colleagues like us out there. But on a serious note, we are surely going to miss you and your work here. Thank you for everything and all the best!
77. Farewell to my favorite coworker. Still can’t believe you’re going. It just won’t be the same without you.
78. The cold meeting room walls will be much colder without the warm presence of a colleague like you. Farewell!
79. We are proud to have an employee like you as part of our team. Heartfelt congratulations and best wishes for your continued success.
80. Now that you’ve decided to leave the company, the rest of us won’t have to pretend to work so hard! We can all chill and relax. Your departure will translate into more money, better job satisfaction, improved job performance and increased productivity for us. Good luck!
81. Your leaving the company is the best thing to happen in a while. Finally, all of us can stop giggling and actually get some work done. Don’t annoy your new colleagues too much. Please keep in touch!
There are numerous things you can put in a coworker’s farewell card. You can keep it straightforward or perhaps recall a memory. Alternatively, you might merely thank them for their time while wishing them luck for the future.
Keep your message concise if several employees at your place of employment need to write something in that card. If you have additional information, you can speak with that colleague in person or send a follow-up email.
Additionally, you should remain professional because other employees may read your message when the farewell cards are distributed around.