50 Best Body Positive Messages and Quotes for Better Body Image
With these 50 Best Body Positive Messages and Quotes for Better Body Image, you will be inspired by influencers in this space who love themselves in their skin and show it proudly.
Based on findings, 86% of women are not satisfied with their bodies. Furthermore, only 2% of women worldwide describe themselves as beautiful.
These numbers are startling, but they’re not hard to believe based on statistics and the barrage of media messages we continually receive.
Body Positive Messages
The Body Positive Messages in this post is a collection of some of the most inspiring words I could find to help you love your body more.
Unfortunately, it can sometimes take a lot of unlearning to be able to feel beautiful and confident in your own skin. But it’s worth it to keep trying.
We hope these Body Positive Messages can inspire you to view your body with appreciation and admiration. It is truly an amazing vessel for which we should be thankful.
Our goal is to help you spend less energy battling mother nature and use more time to enjoy a great and loving life.
Uplifting Body Positive Messages
Could you use an extra dose of Body Positive Messages in your life? Give your self-love practice an increase by putting your favorite Body Positive Messages front and center.
- “Life is so much more beautiful and complex than a number on a scale.” —Tess Munster
- “I think your whole life shows in your face and you should be proud of that.” ―Lauren Bacall
- “You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” —Louise Hay
- “Stop trying to fix your body. It was never broken.” —Eve Ensler
- “People often say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder.” —Salma Hayek
- “Hating our bodies is something that we learn, and it sure as hell is something that we can unlearn.”―Megan Jayne Crabbe.
- “All bodies are swimsuit bodies.” ―Catherine Li
- “The reality was my life wasn’t miserable because I was curvy; I was miserable because I thought I’d be happier if I were thinner.” ―Brittany Gibbons
- “Lines can be the etchings of your biggest smiles, the frowns you learned from, the proof that you change and grow.” ―Eleanor Gordon-Smith
- “Your words have so much power. Every day, if you tell yourself ‘I love you,’ if you give yourself one word of validation, it will change your mind.” —Ashley Graham.
- “I don’t want to wait until I’m 73 to embrace my body. To look back and think of my beauty: How did I miss it? Let’s not wait another moment.” ―Ashley Asti.
- “The most powerful thing anyone can say to us is what we say to ourselves.” —Christine D’Ercole.
- “If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important rule of beauty, which is: who cares?” –Tina Fey
- “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” —Alan Cohen
- “You can’t hate yourself happy. You can’t criticize yourself thin. You can’t shame yourself worthy. Real change begins with self-love and self-care.” —Jessica Ortner
- “Don’t waste so much time thinking about how much you weigh. There is no more mind-numbing, boring, idiotic, self-destructive diversion from the fun of living.” —Meryl Streep
- “Feeling confident, being comfortable in your skin—that’s what really makes you beautiful.” —Bobbi Brown
- “Stop spending all day obsessing, cursing, perfecting your body like it’s all you’ve got to offer the world. Your body is not your art, it’s your paintbrush.” —Glennon Doyle.
- “Each individual woman’s body demands to be accepted on its own terms.” —Gloria Steinem
- “Weight loss does not make people happy. Or peaceful. Being thin does not address the emptiness that has no shape or weight or name. Even a wildly successful diet is a colossal failure because inside the new body is the same sinking heart.” —Geneen Roth
Inspiring Body Positive Messages
Using these Body Positive Messages, you will be motivated by influencers in this area who love themselves in their skin and display it boldly.
- “You define beauty yourself. Society doesn’t define your beauty.” —Lady Gaga.
- “Everybody has a part of her body that she doesn’t like, but I’ve stopped complaining about mine because I don’t want to critique nature’s handiwork … My job is simply to allow the light to shine out of the masterpiece.” —Alfre Woodard
- “YOU ARE WANTED. Big, small, tall, short, pretty, plain, friendly, shy. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, not even yourself. Especially yourself.” ―Jennifer Niven
- “Confidence is the only key. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” —Emma Stone
- It doesn’t have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see.” —Gabourey Sidibe.
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “My weight? It is what it is. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow. It’s about being content. And sometimes other priorities win.” —Melissa McCarthy.
- “I think about my body as a tool to do the stuff I need to do, but not the be-all and end all of my existence.” —Lena Dunham
- “Do not apologize for your sacred body. All of you is holy.” ―Ashley Asti
- “I’ve made peace with the fact that the things that I thought were weaknesses or flaws were just me. I like them.” —Sandra Bullock.
- “If you focus on the inside, you’ll feel just as great about the outside. I feel attractive when I’m doing good and helping people.” —Keke Palmer.
- “Our bodies cannot truly be hidden, no matter how many black outfits we wear. No matter how many pairs of Spanx we own. No matter how much we suck it in. Doesn’t it seem like a better use of our time to just accept the fact that our bodies are our bodies and live our lives like there is no tomorrow?” ―Jes Baker
- “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters — on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.” —Michelle Obama
- “Your body. Your diet. Your life. It isn’t perfect. It never will be. But it’s real. It’s honest. It’s beautifully flawed. And totally magical.” ―Nicola Jane Hobbs
- “And I said to my body softly, ‘I want to be your friend.’ It took a long breath and replied, ‘I have been waiting my whole life for this.’” —Nayyirah Waheed.
- “Your body is the piece of the universe you’ve been given, the place where love and joy and grief happen, where happiness unfolds. Do you really want to keep believing that it’s a horrible, ugly, lumpy thing?” ―Geneen Roth
- “The most attractive thing about you should have less to do with your face or body and more to do with your attitude and how you treat people.” ―Germany Kent
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” —Thich Nhat Hanh
- “We can’t hate ourselves into a version of ourselves we can love.” —Lori Deschene
- “Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like.” —Emma Watson
- Boss Thank You Messages for Employees
- Engagement Congratulations Messages
- Employer Farewell Message to Employees
- Anniversary Appreciation Messages
- 65 Awesome 90th Birthday Messages and Sayings
Truthful Body Positive Messages
These truthful Body Positive Messages can inspire you to view your body with pride and admiration.
- “Your self-esteem won’t come from body parts. You need to step away from the mirror every once in a while, and look for another reflection, like the one in the eyes of the people who love you and admire you.” —Stacy London
- “Worthiness does not have prerequisites.” —Brené Brown
- “Chic is when a woman is in harmony with herself.” —Giambattista Valli
- “I wish I could tell my younger self that she was always more than a body. She always had more to offer the world than weight loss and flat abs. So much more.” —Megan Jayne Crabbe
- “The more I like me, the less I want to pretend to be other people.” —Jamie Lee Curtis
- “Treat your body like an instrument, not an ornament.” ―Gary Thomas
- “Just because we have acne, tummy rolls, and chaffing thighs doesn’t mean we need fixed. Period.” —Mik Zazon.
- “Take your time and your talent and figure out what you have to contribute to this world, and get over what the hell your butt looks like in those jeans!” —America Ferrera.
- “My body is not yours to critique and discuss. My body is not yours for consumption. My body is my vessel. An archive of experiences. A weapon that has fought battles only I understand. A library of love, pain, struggle, victory, and mystery.” —Sophie Lewis
- There is nothing more boring and fruitless than a woman lamenting the fact her stomach is round.” —Cheryl Strayed
- Farewell Messages for Boss
- Thank You Messages for Boss
- Farewell Messages to Coworkers
- Congratulations Messages for Achievement
- Pregnancy Congratulations Card Messages
Everyone, especially women, is under huge pressure to live up to unrealistic beauty standards.
Rejecting that pressure, pushing back against fat-shaming messages, giving your body credit for all it does for you, and figuring out ways to love yourself; are what will lead to long-term body acceptance.
A good place to remind yourself that you’re not alone in thinking about your body is looking at these 50 Best Body Positive Messages and Quotes for Better Body Image from celebrities who know how to keep it real.