Why does my iPhone keep saying downloading messages? Oftentimes, when your iPhone has some server issues or account syncing issues, it can be very disturbing because it will limit you from using your phone actively.
If you are experiencing an issue with your phone trying to download messages from iCloud, you never need to panic.
iCloud messages not syncing problems are mainly experienced on Apple devices and iOS devices.
This post will help you understand why your iPhone is showing downloading messages from iCloud and how you can resolve it.
More so, all messages can also be accessible on any device that has “Messages in iCloud” turned on.
In other words, a message you receive on an iPhone can also appear on an iPad or another iPhone. Any of your devices can be picked up to view the most recent messages you have received.
It can take some time for all of the messages stored in iCloud to download when you enable Messages in iCloud.
However, sometimes the sync process can take too long to complete, then you will see the “Downloading messages from iCloud” in the Messages app.
Why Does my iPhone Say Downloading Messages?
Issues with messages from iCloud not downloading might occur in a variety of circumstances. Here are a few of the primary causes.
1. Minor Glitches on iPhone: Most likely, some computer bugs can prohibit you from downloading messages from iCloud.
2. Poor Network Connection: An ongoing and reliable internet connection is necessary for iCloud sync. Downloading messages will be challenging if your iPhone and the iCloud server have poor connectivity.
3. The iCloud Server is Down: Your iPhone may not be able to view iCloud messages because there is an issue with the Apple server or the server is undergoing maintenance.
4. Incorrect Apple ID: It’s possible that your Apple account on the two devices is different, making it difficult for messages to sync properly.
5. Outdated iOS: Outdated software bugs and flaws might lead to unforeseen issues.
How do you Resolve iPhone Downloading Messages?
You received the “Downloading Messages from iCloud” because iPhone is attempting to download messages from iCloud but the operation has been paused.
Simply click on Settings > Your Account > iCloud to disable texts and you can stop downloading messages from iCloud.
This will prevent new messages from appearing on your iPhone and prevent your iPhone from downloading messages from iCloud.
1. Restart your iPhone
If an iPhone freezes, restarting it manually by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds can be the quickest and easiest approach to get it working again.
A hard reset will remove all lingering programs that might be the problem from the phone’s working memory.
This quick repair will only take a minute or two and it usually works to resolve the issue with iCloud message downloads becoming stuck.
2. Reset your iCloud Account
Once you reset your iCloud account and log in with your Apple ID, you will be able to tackle this issue.
Any server-side problems can also be resolved by this same step, granting you uninterrupted access to your online content.
Knowing the login information makes it relatively simple to reset the iCloud account, but you should know that there is no way to change the email address linked to the iPhone device.
You should know that even the best technology can malfunction and can most times be really frustrating.
Whenever your device goes through any challenge, don’t be quick to panic, look for a way to go about it.