Text messages play an important role in our life, so what happens if they are erased? Where are deleted Text Messages stored on Android? It’s totally okay to ask these questions. Keep reading as we provide answers to these questions.
When you ask these questions, it shows that you seek knowledge and you are trying to understand where your messages are stored on your device.
The interesting thing you should note is that when your messages are deleted they are not permanently lost.
Your cellphone has inbuilt databases that help store critical data. So it is not gone for good.
However there is a time limit before the data is permanently erased, but when it comes to text messages, they are kept in a specific database folder inside your Andriod’s phone memory.
All you need to do is locate the folder. Note that when the device is updated, the folders where your messages are kept can change.
How to Locate Deleted Messages on Android
Here are the steps you need to take if you want to locate your deleted text messages on your Andriod:
For Android OS 7.0 and newer:
- Tap on Internal Memory > data > user_de > 0 > com.android.providers.telephony > databases > mmssms.db
- Click on the My Files app.
Android OS 4.4 and later:
- Click on the Files app.
- Tap on Internal Memory > data > data > com.android.providers.telephony > databases > mmssms.db.
Android OS 4.3 and older:
- Click on the Files app.
- Tap on Internal Memory > data > data > com.android.providers > telephony > databases > mmssms.db.
However, while you can access these folders to see your deleted text messages, you will not be able to read them until you have root access to your Android phone.
Best Recovery Programs for Android
FoneDog Toolkit- Android Data Recovery stands out as the best recovery program in the market today not just because of sales but its effectiveness and great reviews from users.
It has all the quality features you are looking for. Here are a few of its qualities:
- The software recovers not just text messages, but contacts, call logs, WhatsApp messages & attachments, photos, videos, and more
- It restores phone data with or without Android root
- Your data is recovered directly from Android internal storage, SD cards, and even broken devices
- It is compatible with over 6000+ Android devices including the latest Samsung device
- The app is reliable with guaranteed results and 100% safe and secure
- It also offers a Free Trial version
With the information provided above, you now know where your text messages are stored on your Andriod and how best to access them anytime you want.