What is a Good Short Sympathy Message?
Knowing how to write a good short sympathy message will better place you as someone who is caring and also emotionally intelligent.
Sympathy messages may not necessarily mean the message that you draft for the passing of a loved one, although included sympathy messages cut across all aspects of human lives.
They can be needed when a friend is going through a personal crisis or depressing moment or is even sick.
A good short sympathy message is one that expresses empathy for a loved one who is going through difficult times but is very brief and straightforward.
Tips on How to Write a Good Short Sympathy Message
Here are some helpful tips that will help you string the right words together and will show how emotionally supportive and caring you are:
Keep your Messages Brief
Your sympathy message should be heartfelt and concise. This way the message will be passed across effectively.
You shouldn’t risk writing a long message that might deviate from the message you are trying to convey to your friend.
Offer to Help
At this crucial time, your help is what they need the most so you should volunteer to help in any way you can.
This goes on to show how emotionally intelligent you are to their needs at this point in time.
Speak From your Heart
It is important to note that when drafting your sympathetic message, you should speak from the heart, and avoid false syrupy words better known as cliches.
Let them feel the sincerity from the tone of your message
Good Short Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Sibling
It can be difficult to lose a brother or sister, especially if the two of them were close.
You could say something memorable about them if you know their brother. But keep in mind that it’s acceptable to write honestly about your lack of words.
Here are some examples of sympathy messages:
- “I’m so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister. I’m happy I had the chance to meet her. Her absence will be felt deeply. Sending you love and strength”
- “Your brother had such a positive impact on so many lives. I’m happy he was a part of my life for so many years. He will always have a lasting impression on me. Sending my heartfelt condolences”
- “Despite the fact that I’ve never met your sister, I feel as though I do because of all the great things you’ve told me about her, please know that you have my deepest sympathy.
- “I’m devastated to hear about the loss of your brother. Even though I never met him, I understand how much he meant to you. Sending you my love and support”
- “I never would have been prepared to say goodbye to someone as special as your sister, but this timing feels especially tough. Wishing your family comfort and strength for the days and weeks ahead.”
- “Words, no matter how kind, can’t take away your grief. However, those who care for you wish you comfort and peace of mind. Just know we are always thinking of you during this difficult time”
- “I hope it brings you some consolation in knowing that your sister’s life will be celebrated with joy and gratitude by her great friends”
At the end of the day, the little things you do like writing a good short sympathy message or sending a gift card or a bouquet of flowers is one way to let them know that you are thinking of them.
Showing up for your friends in their time of need speaks volumes about your thoughtfulness.