How do I Get to my Messages on my Phone? If you’ve been asking this question, then it’s totally okay as there are instances where you haven’t been able to see your messages. Keep reading to know how to access your messages.
Getting to messages on your phone doesn’t have to be a hassle. Most time the messages icon appears on your home screen and all you have to do is click on it and start a conversation.
But in cases, where you can’t find your messages on your home screen, then you should know that it has either disappeared from the home screen due to a mistake or you accidentally moved it to another folder, or just maybe you deleted the messages icon.
However, the messages app cannot be deleted permanently from your device, because it is pre-installed, so it comes together with your smartphone.
How to Get to Messages on your Phone
Most smartphones already come with a shortcut to the messages on your phone’s home screen. The messages icon always looks like an envelope. Here’s how to get to messages on your device:
1. Click on the Messages app, when you do this, the app will open all of your messages, allowing you to read, send and reply to any of them. In cases when you can’t find the app, do this:
- Tap on the Apps icon at the bottom of your phone. This is usually represented by two rows of grey dots.
- Look carefully at the apps that come up. You should be looking for an app with an envelope on it, or is called Messaging or SMS.
- Select the app once you find it.
- If you want to, you can long tap on the app’s icon and then drag it to your device’s Home Screen in order to place a shortcut there
How to Get to your Messages on iCloud
When you put on Messages in iCloud, all the messages you send and receive on your iPhone will be saved in iCloud.
And even when you have a new device, if you sign in with the same ID on the new device that also has iCloud turned on, all your messages will automatically appear.
Here are the steps to be able able to access your message on iCloud:
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then put on Messages (if it wasn’t turned on before).
- After you put on Messages in iCloud, any messages or attachments you erase from your iPhone are also deleted from your other Apple devices where Messages in iCloud are turned on.
Note: The Messages in iCloud uses iCloud storage.
With this guide, you shouldn’t have problems getting to your messages on your phone. Whether on iCloud or just the message app.
Ensure you follow the instructions above to be able to access your messages.