Does iCloud Keep Deleted iMessages?
Have you ever wondered how does iCloud keep deleted iMessages? You are definitely not alone. Keep reading to find out how your deleted texts are stored on iCloud.
Our daily lives are never complete without texting. Our text messages contain a lot of important information. So if we accidentally lose our important text messages, it might cause us some inconvenience.
For users of the iOS device, iPhone and iPad, iCloud is a feature that is pre-installed into the device and it helps backup important data.
So there’s no cause for alarm if you deleted some of your text, if they were backed up then know that you can still recover them.
How iCloud Keeps Deleted Text iMessages
When you delete a message and you enable Messages in the iCloud feature enabled, all of your Apple devices using the same iCloud and Apple ID will immediately receive the same deletion notification and it will be deleted on all your Apple devices.
However, if you had an iCloud backup of your iPhone before deleting the text messages, the messages would still be there.
To recover your deleted text messages, you might simply restore the backup to your iPhone or iPad.
How to Back Up Text Messages to iCloud
There are two easy ways to back up your messages to iCloud; the first is by enabling iCloud messages in the Settings app. Your text messages will automatically sync with iCloud. The second method is by backing up the whole device to your iCloud.
Here are the steps you need to follow to enable messages in Cloud features;
- Start by opening the Settings app on your iPhone device then click on your name.
- Scroll down and you will locate iCloud on this page.
- Scroll down to the messages under Apps using iCloud and toggle the button next to Messages to green.
Now for backing your messages to the whole Iphone or Ipad. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to your Settings app and Click on your name, then go to iCloud.
- Scroll down to where the iCloud backup is located and Click on it.
- You can then click Back Up Now. During this process, ensure you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network until it ends.
With the information provided by this article, you now know how iMessage is stored on your cloud and why you don’t have to worry if you mistakenly deleted them.