Are you finding it difficult to find your way around your new iPhone? Sometimes, you might even ask yourself, why can’t I find my messages app on my iPhone? It is very possible to get a new device and not know where some apps are stored.
The Messages app is a great app for using iMessage to easily interact with other Apple users, whether you’re using an iPhone or an iPad.
Additionally, it’s with these apps that Apple users successfully send messages. So it goes without saying that not finding it on your iPhone’s Home screen when you wake up is not fun and can e disturbing.
Fortunately, iOS has integrated the Messages app into the main system, making it nearly impossible for you to unintentionally deactivate the app.
Additionally, because it is such a necessary app, it cannot be concealed by employing Screen Time limitations.
Most likely, the problem was brought on by the app icon just disappearing amid the number of Home screen folders and slides on the phone
How do I Get the Messages App Back on my iPhone?
Finding a way to get your messages app back on your iPhone can brighten up your mood. So, below are some ways you can go about it.
1. Make Use of Siri Search
It’s very likely that the Messages app icon was accidentally moved around or lost if you have several home screen slides or folders as earlier said. If it is buried in one of the folders, it will undoubtedly be difficult to find.
Instead, you may quickly access the Messages app using Siri Search if you’re in a rush. Simply search for “messages” after swiping down from the Home screen. Proceed to tap Messages from the Applications in the search results to get started.
You should follow the following steps:
- Click on Siri & Search in the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad. Then, choose Messages from the list of apps by scrolling all the way down to the bottom.
- At this point, Siri & Suggestions should be turned on.
- Once you’ve left the Settings app, you may use Siri Search to look for the Messages app.
2. Reset the Home Screen Layout
Being forced to only use Siri Search can quickly become difficult for you. Consider refreshing the Home screen layout if you’re still unable to find the Messages app.
It restores all apps to their original position and is very effective at recovering deleted app icons. However, the files you’ve stored over time will all be lost.
- Press General, then tap Reset, on your iPhone or iPad’s Settings app.
- Reset the Home Screen Layout by tapping.
- On the confirmation pop-up, select Reset.
- All of the apps will be found in their original position. On your iPhone’s bottom bar or your iPad’s dock, you should see the Messages app.
As you can see, finding a missing Messages app is a rather easy task. If you want to avoid searching through dozens of folders, try using Siri Search first, and if it doesn’t work, think about resetting the Home screen layout.
A complete reset of the settings ought to be able to fix any issues, such as a Share Sheet’s missing Messages option.