Surfing dates back to 1778, in a Captain James Cook account. The longest surf trip, created by an artificial wave, lasted for almost four hours.
The highest wave recorded had been 1738 feet.
Below is our set of 65 inspiring, wise, and humorous old surfing quotes, surfing sayings, and surfing proverbs, compiled from a variety of sources over the years.
- Payoff Debt Consolidation Loans
- Navient Student Loan
- Fast Personal Loans
- LendKey Student Loans
- Private Student Loans
65 Surf Sayings & Quotes
- “It’s not tragic to die doing something you love.”
- “The best surfer out there is the one having the most fun.“
- “Enjoy life, one wave at a time.”
- “The best surfer out there is the one having the most fun.”
- “Surfing for me is more than my lifestyle; it’s my passion, my love, and it’s a part of me.”
- “The rule of surfing is never to tell anyone where you go.”
- “Surfing in crowds is like mind over matter. If I don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
- “My passion for surfing was more than my fear of sharks.”
- “Surfing is for life.” ( Surf Sayings & Quotes).
- “There is nothing, nothing, sadder than a surfer who used to surf.”
- “Surfing’s the source. Can change your life. Swear to God.”
- “Out of the water, I am nothing.”
- “I surf to get a tan.”
- “If there was no such thing as barrels I probably wouldn’t even surf.”
- “Thank God for a few free waves.”
- “Wiping out is an underappreciated skill.“
- “Ridin’ the wave until the grave.” ( Surf Sayings & Quotes).
- “Big waves aren’t measured in feet, but in increments of fear.”
- “Sometimes in the morning, when it’s a good surf, I go out there, and I don’t feel like it’s a bad world.”
- “I could not help concluding this man had the most supreme pleasure while he was driven so fast and so smoothly by the sea.”
- “Surfing’s one of the few sports that you look ahead to see what’s behind.”
- “As for my own surfing, let’s just say that when the waves start pushing 10 feet, I get this tremendous urge to make a sandwich.”
- “Your surfing can get better on every turn, on every wave you catch. Learn to read the ocean better. A big part of my success has been wave knowledge.”
- “Tell the teacher we’re surfin’.”
- “A big wave is like a beautiful woman, exciting to look at and thrilling to ride.”
- “It’s a cakewalk when you know how.”
- “I’m surfing the giant life wave.”
- “Surfing is attitude dancing.”
- “Surfing, alone among sports, generates laughter at its very suggestion, and this is because it turns not a skill into an art, but an inexplicable and useless urge into a vital way of life.”
- “You cannot stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
Inspiring Surf Sayings & Quotes
- “I’m just a surfer who wanted to build something that would allow me to surf longer.” ( Surf Sayings & Quotes).
- “Go strip off your clothes that are a nuisance in this mellow clime. Get in and wrestle with the sea; wing your heels with the skill and power that live in you, hit the sea’s breakers, master them, and ride upon their backs as a king should.”
- “Then, after I’ve gotten rid of Batman and Robin for good, I will rule the waves. Me, the Joker, king of the surf and all the surfers. Then, Gotham City! Later, the world!”
- “Three most important things in life, surf, surf and surf.”
- “You’re sayin’ the FBI’s gonna pay me to learn to surf?”
- “Lawyers don’t surf.”
- “There is not one right way to ride a wave.”
- “Surf and feel your life be changed forever.”
- “Live to surf, surf to live.”
- “It’s funny, ’cause you think surfing is your whole life, but then when you make a family it seems like it’s not at all.”
- “Surfing is like life. Every wave and every day are different.”
- “If you’re having a bad day, catch a wave.” ( Surf Sayings & Quotes).
- “I took off on a wave, went down the side, popped out the other end, and went, shit, I’m still alive!”
- “I think when a surfer becomes a surfer, it’s almost like an obligation to be an environmentalist at the same time.”
- “We love the motion of the ocean.”
- Rosh Hashana Greeting sayings
- Great Holiday Greeting Messages for your Clients, Family & Friends
- Funny Easter Sayings and Messages
- Religious Christmas Greeting Card
Amazing Surf Sayings & Quotes
- “Sliding a wave removes our brains out of the ordinary and slips us into the extra ordinary of being there now. No more worries about mortgages or strife of being poor or rich. When you enter the domain of an ocean cylinder, that moment, those split seconds belong to the Zen part of just being. Period.”
- “Live slow, surf fast.”
- “We’re all equal before a wave.”
- “What I love the most about surfing is that it’s my first love. It’s the first thing I can remember being consumed by.”
- “Honest to goodness it’s the absolute ultimate!”
- “Never drive away from good surf.”
- “It’s a zoo out there.” ( Surf Sayings & Quotes).
- “One of the greatest things about the sport of surfing is that you need only three things: your body, a surfboard, and a wave.”
- “Surfing is not something you retire from.”
- “There are a million ways to surf, and as long as you’re smiling you’re doing it right.”
- “If in doubt, paddle out.”
- “Surfing is very much like making love. It always feels good, no matter how many times you’ve done it.”
- “The only one who can whisper to you the ways of the surf is the wind.”
- “The joy of surfing is so many things combined, from the physical exertion of it to the challenge of it, to the mental side of the sport.”
- “When the surfs up, your life is too”
- “Home is where the waves are.” ( Surf Sayings & Quotes).
- “Surfing soothes me, it’s always been a kind of Zen experience for me. The ocean is so magnificent, peaceful, and outstanding. The rest of the world disappears for me when I’m on a wave.”
- “The tide is high, so don’t be shy.”
- “Waves are toys from God”
- “Surfing is the most blissful experience you can have on this planet, a taste of heaven.”
There is never a time that isn’t right to share the love. Do well to share these messages with friends and loved ones.
We hope this article has been helful to you, let us know your thoughts and suggestions in the comment section.