Sometimes you may need 42 sad messages about life that will get you through tough times if you must tackle deep emotional challenges and obstacles. When those low points in our lives occur, it can be difficult to be optimistic or to be happy. Irrespective of what you are dealing with, this collection of sad messages will help put into words your true feeling.
Difficult times make you stronger in life. Don’t let even a single event shatter you unless you aren’t able to move ahead in your life.
Don’t get afraid of these hardships and remember to be strong in your life. In short, these hard and tough times make us to a greater extent a man, and they give us more character.
We all have those moments when we are feeling down in the dumps. It’s as perfectly okay to feel sad at times as it is to be happy!
When things in life get overwhelming, we usually want to drown in our sorrows, throw ourselves a little pity party, and let the emotions overtake us.
Sad Messages About Life
We all feel sad sometimes. That’s why we’ve brought a list of the best sad messages about life that perfectly depict the experience of feeling down.
These days, there are a million and one things that can knock us sideways: nursing a broken heart, the stress of being pulled in too many directions, and even grief, guilt, or anxiety over big changes.
When you feel down, it’s important to remember that sadness is just one of the many emotions we experience as we navigate the ups and downs of life.
Eventually, your changing feelings will have you bouncing for joy… but it’s okay to welcome the suck, have a good, cathartic cry, and pause for a moment to work out what you are going through.
Sad Messages to Help You Get Through Hard Times
To assist you in getting through a challenging day, we have put together some of the best sad messages about life and sayings about feeling sad that we hope will inspire you to look forward to a brighter day tomorrow!
1. “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” ― Jonathan Safran Foer
2. “Sadness flies away on the wings of time.” ― Jean de La Fontaine
3. “Don’t cry over someone who wouldn’t cry over you.” ― Lauren Conrad
4. “Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep.” ― Clive Barker, Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War.
5. “We must understand that sadness is an ocean, and sometimes we drown, while other days we are forced to swim.” ― R.M. Drake
6. “The word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” — Carl Jung
7. “Tears are words that need to be written.” ― Paulo Coelho
8. “Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.” ― Kahlil Gibran, Sand and Foam
9. “One must not let oneself be overwhelmed by sadness.” ― Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis
10. “Sadness is also a kind of defense.” — Ivo Andrich
- Boss Thank You Messages for Employees
- Engagement Congratulations Messages
- Employer Farewell Message to Employees
- Anniversary Appreciation Messages
- 65 Awesome 90th Birthday Messages and Sayings
Sad Quotes to Help You Get Through Hard Times
Here are sad messages about life to read, quotes about sadness, as well as quotes to feel when you are feeling sad.
11. “The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy.” — Jim Rohn
12. “There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have a feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well. So, I take the memories as they come, accepting them all, letting them guide me whenever I can.” ― Nicholas Sparks, Dear John.
13. “We’re taught to be ashamed of confusion, anger, fear, and sadness, and to me, they’re of equal value to happiness, excitement, and inspiration.” — Alanis Morrisette
14. “Experiencing sadness and anger can make you feel more creative, and by being creative you can get beyond your pain or negativity.” — Yoko Ono
15. “Sad hurts, but it’s a healthy feeling. It is a necessary thing to feel.” — J.K. Rowling
16. “There are two types of people in the world: Those who prefer to be sad among others, and those who prefer to be sad alone.” ― Nicole Krauss, The History of Love
17. “With some pain is fraught; Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.” — Percy Bysshe Shelley, “To a Skylark”
18. “It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love.” — Miguel de Unamuno
19. “Behind every sweet smile, there is a bitter sadness that no one can ever see and feel.” — Tupac Shakur
20. “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
21. “Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is!” — Dita Von Teese.
22. “In deep sadness there is no place for sentimentality.” ― William S. Burroughs, Queer
23. “Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness. They may not wear it on their sleeves, but it’s there if you look deep.” — Taraji P. Henson.
24. “Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.” ― Christina Rossetti, Pre-Raphaelite Poetry: An Anthology
25. “We never taste happiness in perfection, our most fortunate successes are mixed with sadness.” — Pierre Corneille
26. “The good life is not one immune to sadness but one in which suffering contributes to our development.” — Alain de Botton
27. “Boredom, anger, sadness, or fear are not ‘yours,’ not personal. They are conditions of the human mind. They come and go. Nothing that comes and goes is you.” — Eckhart Tolle.
28. “When you feel sad, it’s okay. It’s not the end of the world.” — Mac Miller
29. “It doesn’t hurt to feel sad from time to time.” — Willie Nelson
30. “Melancholy is the happiness of being sad.” ― Victor Hugo
- Farewell Messages for Boss
- Thank You Messages for Boss
- Farewell Messages to Coworkers
- Congratulations Messages for Achievement
- Pregnancy Congratulations Card Messages
Sad Quotes for Difficult Times
Reflecting on positive aspects of life, let these sad messages about life help build resilience during tough times and improve overall mental health.
31. “Sad things happen. They do. But we don’t need to live sad forever.” — Mattie Stepanek
32. “The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.” — Bob Marley
33. “It’s sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.” — Henry Rollins
34. “Tears come from the heart and not from the brain.” — Leonardo da Vinci
35. “A million words would not bring you back, I know because I tried, neither would a million tears, I know because I cried.” — Unknown
36. “One thing you can’t hide is when you’re crippled inside.” — John Lennon, “Crippled Inside”
37. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” — Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
38. “I have learned now that while those who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.” ― S. Lewis
39. “Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.” — David Levithan, Love is the Higher Law
40. “To have felt too much is to end in feeling nothing.” — Dorothy Thompson
41. “People keep telling me that life goes on, but to me, that’s the saddest part.” — Unknown
42. “Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.” ― Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind
Life isn’t constantly filled with sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes, circumstances arise that bring grief, heartache, and sorrow.
No matter what you do to keep sadness and challenges away, they will come. And when they do, you’re never really ready.
As you experience these tribulations; whether you’re experiencing a breakup, the demise of a loved one, financial battles, or health challenges, our collection of sad messages about life will help you to better express your true emotion.
Consider speaking to reliable friends and confidantes, an expert like a therapist or counselor, or even an unidentified helper.
As you steer through life’s challenges and begin to heal, know you’re not alone and that God will never put you to shame. Challenges may come but it’s only for a while. Light will shine again!