150+ Emotional Broken Heart Messages to Help You Heal
Breakups are never easy hence the need for 150+ Emotional Broken Heart Messages to Help You Heal. Don’t get scared to initiate a breakup if the relationship is toxic. We all do experience heartbreak but what’s most important is how you deal with it. Although they are hard to endure, oftentimes they can be transformative and engineer our growth, particularly using suitable broken heart messages.
“Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all” – Poet Alfred.
But sometimes the hurt of heartbreak is just too much to handle, leaving us emotionally destabilized and with a feeling despair like never before, as in these 150 broken heart excerpts.
Seldom times that pain comes from a breakup or a love that has been lost. Grief over the demise of a loved one can also cause your heart to feel as if it has been shattered to pieces.
Even the disloyalty of a friend might lead your heart to mourn a loss. These kinds of heartbreak are very different, but they stir up similar feelings deep inside and set us on a trip of healing and recovery.
With time, that heartbreak will subside and the figurative clouds surrounding you will begin to lift, even if it doesn’t feel that way at the moment of your deep emotional pain.
But hopefully, these heartbroken messages will help you find some solace and peace during this difficult time.
How Can I Express My Broken Heart?
Utilize these heartbroken quotes to find peace in your solitary space. Don’t rush to take action, just let these broken heart quotes be your companion tonight.
1. “The worst feeling in the world is when you can’t love anyone else because your heart still belongs to the one who broke it.” —Unknown
2. “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. The pain of love lasts a lifetime.” —Bette Davis
3. “Only time can heal your broken heart. Just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.” —Miss Piggy
4. “Crying is a way your eyes speak when your mouth can’t explain how broken your heart is.” —Unknown
5. “I think about you. But I don’t say it anymore.” —Marguerite Duras, Hiroshima Mon Amour
6. “One day you’re going to remember me and how much I loved you … then you’re going to hate yourself for letting me go. ” —Aubrey Drake Graham
7. “I gave you my heart, I just didn’t expect to get it back in pieces.” —Unknown
8. “The scariest thing is that we didn’t even have to be together for you to break my heart.” —Unknown
9. “I think you are wrong to want a heart. It makes most people unhappy. If you only knew it, you are in luck not to have a heart.” —L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
10. “You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.” —Henny Youngman
11. “You don’t die from a broken heart. You only wish you did.” —Unknown
12. “You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it.” —Unknown
13. “I won’t ever leave you, even though you’re always leaving me.” —Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler’s Wife
14. “One day, I learned that a single look can change everything. And since then, I have seen it countless times. I have grappled to understand it and failed. For instance, all it took was a look from another man for my wife to fall out of love with me. It baffles me that a simple alignment of eyes can cause so much devastation.” —Ali Shaw, The Girl with Glass Feet
15. “You weren’t just a star to me. You were my whole damn sky.” —Unknown
16. “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.” —Edna St. Vincent Millay
17. “You left with my soul in your fists and my heart in your teeth, and I don’t want either of them back.” —Colleen Hoover, November 9
18. “I don’t know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every other part of my body is broken too.” —Terri Guillemets
19. “You flew off with the wings of my heart and left me flightless.” —Stelle Atwater
20. “My heart no longer felt as if it belonged to me. It now felt as it had been stolen, torn from my chest by someone who wanted no part of it.” —Meredith Taylor, Churning Water
21. “Loving you was like going to war; I never came back the same.” —Warsan Shire
22. “When your heart is broken, you plant seeds in the cracks and you pray for rain.” —Andrea Gibson
23. “I will never love another. Not like I loved you. I just don’t have the love for it again.” —Atticus
24. “What a painful thing to taste forever in the eyes of someone who doesn’t see the same.” —Perry Poetry
25. “She’s gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen.” —Lloyd Dobler, Say Anything
26. “The saddest thing is to be a minute to someone when you’ve made them your eternity.” —Sanober Kahn
27. “To fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful.” —Bess Myerson
28. “The only thing a boyfriend was good for was a shattered heart.” —Becca Fitzpatrick
29. “Love that remains longest in your heart is the one that is not returned.” —Unknown
30. “A broken heart is the worst. It’s like having broken ribs. Nobody can see it, but it hurts every time you breathe.” —Unknown
- Boss Thank You Messages for Employees
- Engagement Congratulations Messages
- Employer Farewell Message to Employees
- Anniversary Appreciation Messages
- 65 Awesome 90th Birthday Messages and Sayings
Comforting Thoughts for a Broken Heart
When your heart’s broken, remember that something changes inside you. But these things are inevitable. These broken heart messages should help you express that sad reality.
31. “Hearts are breakable. And I think even when you heal, you’re never what you were before” —Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels
32. “I gave you the best of me.” —Nicholas Sparks, The Best of Me
33. “The human heart is the only thing whose worth increases the more it is broken.” —Shakieb Orgunwall
34. “Sometimes you have to deprive someone of the pleasure of being with you so that they can realize how much they need you in their lives.” —Osayi Osar-Emokpae, Because You Deserve Love
35. “I wanted love to conquer all. But love can’t conquer anything.” —David Levithan, Every Day
36. “My heart’s cracking apart all over again because of the way I’ve missed him.” —Jolene Perry, My Heart for Yours
37. “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.” —Stephen King, Hearts in Atlantis
38. “Two words. Three vowels. Four consonants. Seven letters. It can either cut you open to the core and leave you in ungodly pain or it can free your soul and lift a tremendous weight off your shoulders. The phrase is: It’s over.” —Maggi Richard
39. “Out of the millions and millions of people that inhabit this planet, he is one of the tiny few I can never have.” —Tabitha Suzuma, Forbidden
40. “If love is like driving a car, then I must be the worst driver in the world. I missed all the signs and ended up lost.” —Brian MacLearn
41. “I wish I could hurt you the way you hurt me. But I know that if I had the chance, I wouldn’t do it.” —Unknown
42. “It is the heart that has been pierced that feels the most.” —Jocelyn Murray
43. “Lonely’s a different kind of pain, it doesn’t hurt as bad as heartbreak. I preferred it and embraced it ‘cause I reckoned it was one or the other.” —Kristen Ashley, For You
44. “I understand it, but I don’t like it. I wish we could all be together like before: best friends, not heartbroken strangers.” —Amy Plum, If I Should Die
45. “You wanted to see the world. And yet, all I want is to see you.” —Sade Andria Zabala, Coffee and Cigarettes
46. “The heart is heaviest when it’s empty and lightest when it’s full” —Helen Scott Taylor, A Clockwork Fairytale
47. “Thinking of you is a poison I drink often.” —Atticus
48. “Love is only made more valuable by the risk of heartbreak.” —Alessandra Torre
49. “The worst feeling in the world is when you can’t love anyone else because your heart still belongs to the one who broke it.” —Unknown
50. “I am hopelessly in love with a memory. An echo from another time, another place.” —Michael Faudet
How Do You Tell Your Boyfriend You are Heartbroken?
Heartbreaks are awful, and there’s no better way to put it. Even though some people downplay the harshness of what it feels like to get heartbroken, it is a genuine pain. Here are messages you can tell him or his friends.
51. “So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” —E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly
52. “There is something bleak and barren about a world that is missing the person who knows you best.” —Jodi Picoult, The Book of Two Ways
53. “Losing him was like having a hole shot straight through me, a painful, constant reminder, an absence I could never fill.” —Jojo Moyes, After You
54. “When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.” —Unknown
55. “No matter how hard your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” —Faraaz Kazi
56. “The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever.” —Carroll Bryant
57. “The sorrow we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay to have had them in our lives.” —Rob Liano
58. “Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.” —Emily Dickinson
59. “Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.” —Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
60. “My feet will want to walk to where you are sleeping but I shall go on living.” —Pablo Neruda
61. “The whole world can become the enemy when you lose what you love.” —Kristina McMorris, Bridge of Scarlet Leaves
62. “When one person is missing the whole world seems empty.” —Pat Schweibert, Tear Soup: A Recipe for Healing After Loss
63. “And perhaps there is a limit to the grieving that the human heart can do. As when one adds salt to a tumbler of water, there comes a point where simply no more will be absorbed.” —Sarah Waters, The Little Stranger
64. “Come back! Even as a shadow, even as a dream.” —Euripides, Herakles
65. “Everything is gone except traces of you inside me—and the years like the wind are sweeping those away.” —John Geddes, A Familiar Rain
Broken Heart Quotes about Regret
For whatsoever reason, how do you write a broken heart message? Here are some of the most satisfactory ways to do it.
66. “Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren’t accompanied by regret.” —Laura Kasischke, The Raising
67. “I will never regret you or say I wish I’d never met you. Because once upon a time you were exactly what I needed.” —Bob Marley
68. “I will never regret loving you, only believing you loved me too.” —Unknown
69. “Wanting her is hard to forget, loving her is hard to regret, losing her is hard to accept, but letting go is the most painful.” —Unknown
70. “You’re going to wake up one day and realize what you’ve done, and you’re going to regret the time you wasted apart from him for the rest of your life.” —Jamie McGuire, Providence
71. “One day you’ll finally see, your biggest mistake was not loving me.” —Nishan Panwar
- Farewell Messages for Boss
- Thank You Messages for Boss
- Farewell Messages to Coworkers
- Congratulations Messages for Achievement
- Pregnancy Congratulations Card Messages
Broken Heart Quotes About Moving on
One of the heaviest things to endure is a broken heart. The excruciating pain, the falling of your dreams, and the humiliation of rejection are agonizing. We hope these quotes will help you move on.
72. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” —Hermann Hesse
73. “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” —Patti Roberts, The Angels Are Here
74. “Being heartbroken doesn’t mean you stop feeling. Just the opposite—it means you feel it all more.” —Julie Johnson, Erasing Faith
75. “Nothing helps a broken heart like having someone wonderful give you theirs.” —Rita Stradling, Making Bad Choices
76. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.” —Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight
77. “Perhaps someday I’ll crawl back home, beaten, defeated. But not as long as I can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow.” —Sylvia Plath
78. “Each night I put my head to my pillow I try to tell myself I’m strong because I’ve gone one more day without you.” —Unknown
79. “I didn’t lose you. You lost me. You’ll search for me inside of everyone you’re with and I won’t be found.” —r.h. Sin
80. “You didn’t break my heart; you freed it.” —Steve Maraboli
81. “The saddest thing about love is that not only the love cannot last forever, but even the heartbreak is soon forgotten.” —William Faulkner, Soldier’s Pay
82. “A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.” —Marilyn Monroe
83. “It is strange how often a heart must be broken before the years can make it wise.” —Sara Teasdale, The Collected Poems
84. “You can’t have heartbreak without love. If your heart was really broken, then at least you know you really loved him.” —Leila Sales, Past Perfect
85. “He loved me. He loved me, but he doesn’t love me anymore, and it’s not the end of the world.” —Jennifer Weiner, Good in Bed
How Do You Text Someone Who Broke Your Heart?
Unfortunately, you cannot do anything about heartbreaks besides moving on. Here is a list of the best relationship-heartbroken messages that you can send to them.
86. “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.” —J.S.B. Morse, Now and at the Hour of Our Death
87. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” —Mark Twain
88. “Pain makes you stronger. Tears make you braver. Heartbreak makes you wiser.” —Marc & Angel
89. “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” —Faraaz Kazi
90. “I love you, but I hate you. I miss you, but I’m better off without you. I want you out of my life, but I never want to let you go.” —Minhal Mehdi
91. “The human heart has a way of making itself large again even after it’s been broken into a million pieces.” —Robert James Waller, The Bridges of Madison County
92. “Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you’d been before the fall.” —Jodi Picoult
93. “This time I wouldn’t forget him, because I couldn’t ever forgive him—for breaking my heart twice.” —James Patterson, Sundays at Tiffany’s
94. “And it only hurts when I’m breathing. My heart only breaks when it’s beating. My dreams only die when I’m dreaming. So, I hold my breath—to forget.” —Shania Twain, “Up!”
95. “If you start to miss me, remember: I didn’t walk away, you let me go.” —Unknown
96. “A heartbreak is a blessing from God. It’s just his way of letting you realize he saved you from the wrong one.” —Unknown
97. “It’s hard asking someone with a broken heart to fall in love again.” —Eric Kripke
98. “So here’s the thing with broken hearts. No matter how you try, the pieces never fit the way they did before.” —Arianapoetess
99. “The heart will break, but broken live on.” —Lord Byron
100. “I know my heart will never be the same, but I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.” —Sara Evans, “A Little Bit Stronger”
101. “She took a step and didn’t want to take any more, but she did.” —Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
Heartbreak Quotes about Friendship
Surely, these messages will come in handy during such painful betrayal moments.
102. “To make real friends you have to put yourself out there. Sometimes people will let you down, but you can’t let that stop you. If you get hurt, you just pick yourself up, dust off your feelings, and try again.” —Kristin Hannah, Firefly Lane
103. “The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained.” —Jonathan Harnisch, Freak
104. “The friendship that can cease has never been real.” —Saint Jerome
105. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
106. “Somebody asked me if I knew you. A million memories flash through my mind, but I just smiled and said I used to.” —Unknown
107. “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.” —Heather Brewer, Ninth Grade Slays
108. “Sometimes you have to unfollow people in real life.” —Unknown
109. “Don’t feel sad over someone who gave up on you, feel sorry for them because they gave up on someone who would have never given up on them.” —Frank Ocean
110. “Friendship is like a glass ornament, once it is broken, it can rarely be put back together in exactly the same way.” —Charles Kingsley
111. “I’ve been on the floor and I’ve been heartbroken. I didn’t know how I was going to stand up. But I just gave it time.” —Sandra Bullock
112. “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.“ —Faraaz Kazi
113. “It is strange how often a heart must be broken before the years can make it wise.” —Sara Teasdale
114. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” —Mark Twain
115. “when you are broken, and he has left you do not question whether you were enough the problem was you were so enough he was not able to carry it” ―Rupi Kaur
116. “The cure for a broken heart is simple, my lady. A hot bath and a good night’s sleep.” —Margaret George
117. “God is closest to those with broken hearts.” —Jewish Proverb
118. “Don’t you EVER break someone’s heart, because they only have one. Break their bones, they have 206 of those!”—Jayy Von Monroe.
119. “The heart is the only broken instrument that works.” —T.E. Kalem.
120. “Two words. Three vowels. Four consonants. Seven letters. It can either cut you open to the core and leave you in ungodly pain or it can free your soul and lift a tremendous weight off your shoulders. The phrase is: It’s over.“ —Maggi Richard
Broken Heart Quotes About Love and Loss
If your heart is broken and you feel miserable, these deep quotes can help you pour out your feelings and relieve your pain.
121. “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.” —J.S.B. Morse
122. “Love is the hardest drug to quit, but it is even harder when it is taken away.” —Ashleyy
123. “Human hearts are elastic. They have room for all sorts of passions, and they can break and heal and love again and again.” —Jodi Lynn Anderson
124. “Unrequited love is the infinite curse of a lonely heart.” —Christina Westover
125. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” —Leo Buscagalia
126. “I understand that if you have never suffered a broken heart, then you have never really known what it is to truly be alive.“ —Patti Roberts
127. “The human heart has a way of making itself large again even after it’s been broken into a million pieces.” —Robert James Waller
128. “A broken heart bleeds tears.” —Steve Maraboli
129. “Perhaps someday I’ll crawl back home, beaten, defeated. But not as long as I can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow.” —Sylvia Plath
130. “Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren’t accompanied by regret.” —Laura Kasischke
131. “There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream — whatever that dream might be.” —Pearl S. Buck
132. “Still, you have to leave your broken heart in a place where- when the woman who knows how to see what a gift is, sees it- your broken heart can be picked up again.” —C. JoyBell C.
133. “Some people come into your life and make you believe that your life is incomplete without them. Then they leave, creating a void in your heart that may fill back with time but will never be complete.” —Anmol Rawat
134. “When you are standing in a forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope.” —Elizabeth Gilbert.
135. “‘Hearts are breakable,’ Isabelle said. ‘And I think even when you heal, you’re never what you were before.’” —Cassandra Clare
136. “She remembered the day vividly, for how can you forget the day your heart is broken? The funny thing about a broken heart is that it’s not fatal.” —Tracy Winegar.
137. “I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying the truth of who you are shattered because my delusion of who you were.” ―Steve Maraboli
138. “Heaven doesn’t ignore cries of a broken heart.” —Toba Beta
139. “Given enough time and distance, the heart will always heal.” —Laura Fitzgerald
140. “A tormented mind wants to forget, what a broken heart will always remember.” —Anthony Liccione
141. “Let no one who loves is called altogether unhappy. Even love unreturned has its rainbow.” —J.M. Barrie
142. “You flew off with the wings of my heart and left me flightless.” —Stelle Atwater
143. “I know my heart will never be the same But I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.” —Sara Evans
144. “Heartbreak is funny to everyone but the heartbroken.” —Jeffery Eugenides
145. “This time I wouldn’t forget him, because I couldn’t ever forgive him—for breaking my heart twice.” —James Patterson
146. “I’ve been heartbroken. I’ve broken hearts. That’s part of life, and it’s part of figuring out who you are so you can find the right partner.” —Heidi Klum
147. “Love hurts worse than getting slammed by a 250-pound linebacker.” — Miranda Kenneally
148. “I pray that former rejection and deep hurts will not color what I see and hear now.” —Sue Augustine
149. “Love hurts when it changes us.” —Toba Beta
150. “This time I wouldn’t forget him, because I couldn’t ever forgive him—for breaking my heart twice.” —James Patterson
Having your heart broken does not have to mean that it is the end of the world. It can be painful, and you might feel as if nobody understands what you are passing through.
However, it will eventually pass. These broken heart quotes should help you go through this challenging period of your life.
Always remember that you need to have faith and patience, and work on yourself towards making yourself better. Spend quality time with your family, get back to your hobbies, and try to stay happy to recover.