Is Adidas Product Testing Legit? Requirements and Pay
If you’re wondering how legit is the Adidas product testing program, then you in the right place. Keep reading to find out more information on the program by Adidas.
If you enjoy shopping for sportswear, then you may be familiar with the Adidas product testing program.
We’ve wondered if one could actually become an Adidas product tester and receive free stuff or at least get paid to test products?
Here, we examine the Adidas product testing program in detail. This will give you an idea of how the testing program works. So you can decide if it’s worthwhile to sign up.
Adidas Product Testing Program
The main aim of this program is that the company gets valuable feedback from the tester if they have to work on the shoe or release it to the public.
It requires testing top Adidas products for free before they are allowed into the public, the valuable feedback you give will be used in product development.
One thing you must know is that it is not a guarantee for getting free shoes, because the product must be returned and there is also no cash payment for taking part in this program.
How Legit is the Program?
Well, this question has been asked by many fans who will love to partake in the program. According to a search on Google, It is indeed real.
When you get to the website using the web address before you proceed, a notification appears which you have to read before continuing. The message is from Adidas and it mentions many facts.
The first is that Adidas never pay those who test products for them. So when you partake in the program, forget about earning any extra cash.
Secondly, they refer to social media users who may say otherwise, they warn that this is not true.
So anyone who claims that you will be paid from the program is either mistaken or sharing false information. So we advise that you really think about it before you sign up for this program just in case you are selected.
Who can Join Adidas Product Testing Program?
The program is only available in the US and many countries in Europe. So the best thing is to find out yourself and apply to be a tester since they don’t really say which ones they are.
To work as a tester, you must be at least 18 years old. Thus, you are not eligible to join if you are under the age of 18.
Also, you cannot participate in any competitor’s product testing platform (like Nike or Under Armour to name a few).
How to Apply for the Program
Once you get to the website, there are just three easy steps to becoming a tester. They are to apply, qualify, and test. Let’s take a quick look at each of them:
There are important criteria you need to meet before proceeding with your application for the US or EU testing programs. They include:
- Be aged 18 plus
- Reside in the US or Europe
- Let English be your primary language
- Have a valid email address
- Have an internet connection
- Be willing to give body measurements
- Agree not to disclose information regarding test products (this includes via social media personal messaging)
- You should not participate in testing competitors’ products
To be duly qualified for Adidas product testing, you’ll need to:
- Meet the minimum requirement for participation in your sport
- Be fit for at least one of the sizes for the products used in the testing process.
To be selected for testing is at the discretion of the company and they depend on factors like:
- Geographic location
- Shoe size
- Demographic profile
- Sporting profile
How does the Adidas Program Testing Work?
Now if you meet all the program requirements mentioned above. The next thing is to follow the five steps involved in testing the products.
They include acceptance, receipt, testing, returning, and feedback. Here’s what you need to know about these stages.
1. Accept: If the company decides you’re a good match, you’ll receive an email inviting you to be part of the test period.
2. Receive: Once you’ve received a mail and agreed to take part, the test product will be sent to you with full instructions.
3. Test (And Record): You must use the product for a specified number of miles or hours each week during the testing period. The time it takes to test an Adidas product ranges from a fortnight to a month.
4. Return: Sadly, when you are done with testing the products. They have to be mailed back using the return label given.
5. Feedback: The last step is to give your valuable feedback on the Adidas Shoes or other products you’ve tested. This is done through a straightforward online questionnaire.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Program.
Although, the program has a lot of fans competing for it. But a look at the advantages and disadvantages of this program will guide your decision if it’s totally worth it.
- Testing premium brand sports products for free
- Wearing Adidas shoes or clothing for up to a month
- You don’t need to pay anything to send the product back
- Your feedback is very valuable to Adidas and will be used to shape future product development
- You must give your body measurements
- You do not get any payment as an Adidas Product Tester.
- You cannot keep the product you are testing for free.
- You may not receive test invites if you don’t meet the criteria.
Adidas Product Testing isn’t for everyone, in our opinion. This platform for product testing has two main drawbacks: you won’t get paid for using it, and you can’t keep the things you test.
As a result, we would only advise you to pursue this if you have a genuine love for Adidas products because you can influence their design by offering valuable feedback.
This is not the platform for you if you’re searching for one that will pay you or at least let you keep the product you’re testing.