Obsession with meeting a company’s target for the year or month has trumped the need to recognize and encourage employees. This is why this article is here to show you some of the quotes from the business world’s biggest and brightest minds that will help you boost your employees’ morale and skyrocket their overall performance.
1. “To win in the marketplace you must first win in the workplace.” – Doug Conant
Inspirational Quotes for Employees
2. “In union there is strength.” – Aeso
3. “When people are financially invested, they want a return. When people are emotionally invested, they want to contribute.” – Simon Sinek.
4. “Your number one customers are your people. Look after employees first and then customers last.” – Ian Hutchinson.
5. “Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.” – Richard Branson.
6. “Highly engaged employees make the customer experience. Disengaged employees break it.” – Timothy R. Clark
7. “The responsibility of a company is to serve the customer. The responsibility of leadership is to serve their people so that their people may better serve the customer. If leaders fail to serve their people first, both customer and company will suffer.”- Simon Sinek.
8. “Always treat your employees exactly as you want them to treat your best customers.”- Stephen R. Covey
9. “Employees who believe that management is concerned about them as a whole person – not just an employee – are more productive, more satisfied, more fulfilled. Satisfied employees mean satisfied customers, which leads to profitability.”- Anne M. Mulcahy.
9. “The way your employees feel is the way your customers will feel. And if your employees don’t feel valued, neither will your customers.”- Sybil F. Stershic
10. “Treating employees benevolently shouldn’t be viewed as an added cost that cuts into profits, but as a powerful energizer that can grow the enterprise into something far greater than one leader could envision.”- Harold Schultz
- 10 Tips on How to Improve Employee Onboarding Experience
- 150+ Inspirational Quotes for Increasing Employee Motivation
- 65 Best Welcome Messages and Quotes for a New Employee
- The Best 60+ Inspiring Pathway to Success Quotes
Quotes for Engaging Employees
1. “Employee engagement is an investment we make for the privilege of staying in business.”– Ian Hutchinson
2. “Create caring and robust connections between every employee and their work, customers, leaders, managers, and the organization to achieve results that matter to everyone in this sentence.”- David Zinger
3. “On what high-performing companies should be striving to create: A great place for great people to do great work.” – Marilyn Carlson
4. “People leave when they don’t feel appreciated. That’s why we’ve made recognition a really high value. Our business is people-capability first; then you satisfy customers; then you make money.”- David Novak
5. “You can’t sell it outside if you can’t sell it inside.”- Stan Slap
6. “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden, it’s deadly.” – Mark Sanborn
7. “The way your employees feel is the way your customers will feel. And if your employees don’t feel valued, neither will your customers.” – Sybil F. Stershic
8. “Many candles can be kindled from one candle without diminishing it.” – Midrash
10. “Culture is about performance, and making people feel good about how they contribute to the whole.” – Tracy Streckenbach
Real Life Quotes
1. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African Proverb
2. “People want to know they matter and they want to be treated as people. That’s the new talent contract.” – Pamela Stroko
3. “The nicest thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” – Margaret Carty
4. “The greatest asset of a company is its people.” – Jorge Paulo Lemann
5. “Give them a vision, not the task, and the job will be done very effectively.” – Unknown
6. “Accept the fact that we have to treat almost anybody as a volunteer.” – Peter Drucker
7. “When people go to work, they shouldn’t have to leave their hearts at home.” – Betty Bender
8. “Take time to appreciate employees and they will reciprocate in a thousand ways.” – Lee Lacocca
9. “We think it’s important for employees to have fun… it drives employee engagement.” –Tony Hsieh
10. “Everyone wants to be appreciated, so if you appreciate someone, don’t keep it a secret.” – Mary Kay Ash
1. “Some companies don’t have an engagement problem, they have a hiring problem.” –Bob Kelleher
2. “Employees engage with employers and brands when they’re treated as humans worthy of respect.” – Meghan M. Biro
3. “Your number one customers are your people. Look after employees first and then customers last.” – Ian Hutchinson
4. “Take our 20 best people away, and I will tell you that Microsoft will become an unimportant company” – Bill Gates
5. “Employee engagement is the emotional commitment the employee has to the organization and its goals.” – Kevin Kruse
6. “The leader needs to create an environment in which people can analyze the situation and develop a good response.” – Bill Gates
7. “Happy employees ensure happy customers. And happy customers ensure happy shareholders—in that order.” – Simon Sinek
8. “Motivating employees to work at their full potential is the main premise of successful management.” – Eraldo Banovac
9. “Environments that support their employees in the right way will naturally foster employee engagement.” – Aaron Tucker
10. “Engaged employees are in the game for the sake of the game; they believe in the cause of the organization.” – Paul Marciano, PhD
Quotes from Happy Employees
1. “I adore the openness we have at this company.” Leaders are enthusiastic about our opportunities while also being candid about the challenges we face. Their level of honesty gives me hope that, even in difficult times, they will continue to lead with integrity.”
2. “I’ve been here for 16 years and have never questioned the leadership team or the company’s direction.”
3. “Our owners are enthusiastic about the company, its future, and the people who work for them.” Their commitment fosters an engaging and fulfilling work environment for both leadership and employees.”
4. “Even though I’m new, I can tell this is a great place to work.” I admire and respect the organization’s leaders. They show that doing the right thing is what matters.
5. “I joined the team last year, and it’s been the best decision of my professional career.” This organization is moving in the right direction. It’s refreshing to work with a team where everyone is on the same page and working toward the same goal.
6. “As we grow, we’ve had some challenges, but I’m always encouraged by how we handle those opportunities for growth.” “I’m confident that our efforts will be rewarded.”
7. “We celebrate and recognize success better than any other company I’ve ever worked for.” I consider myself extremely fortunate to work for a company that values its employees.”
8. I’ve finally found a place where I see a future. This job is interesting and challenging and there’s so much room to grow!”
9. “At this company, we’re treated as family, not a bunch of employees. We’re friends at work and outside of work.
10. Their dedication to employees is why I plan to stay for a long time.”
- 200+ Inspiring Quotes on Teamwork
- 200 Monday Motivation Quotes
- 100+ Inspirational, Funny, and Hilarious Tuesday Motivation Quotes
- 50+ Best Quotes on Working from Home
Workers require more than just the tools they need to do their jobs; they also require encouragement and support.
A company that cares about its employees has a dedicated workforce.
Use these quotes to promote a positive workplace culture.