Looking for some funny resilience quotes that can help you stand up more and not give up on the things you do? You will get more than you want if you carefully read through this article.
It is difficult to get back on your feet and keep fighting back once you get stuck in the wrong place.
But if you are resilient enough, you know you can always make a comeback and be tougher than you were.
What is Resilience?
Resilience is the capacity for something to grow or come back into shape once broken or crushed down.
On a lighter note, although not different from the former, it is also the ability to recover quickly from adversity.
Some may consider this to be a good kind of strength. People who have gone through these tough struggles can attest to that.
In this article, we have put down some funny resilience quotes that can help you overcome any kind of challenges that you may face on your life’s journey.
If you are in need of anything to boost your confidence or are simply looking for quotes to fuel your capacity level, we’ve got you covered.
To begin, let’s look at some funny quotes about resiliency and momentum. You may already be familiar with some of these quotes but they have some great triggers to give to your life.
The people who brought these up were able to reach their success level because they never gave in to life hurdles and neither should they give in too.
Quotes About Resilience and Strength
1. “Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that’s good.” – Elizabeth Edwards
2. If your heart is broken, make art with the pieces.” – Shane Koyczan
3. “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving; we get stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli
4. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Kahlil Gibran
5. “The difference between a strong man and a weak one is that the former does not give up after a defeat.” – Woodrow Wilson
6. “Everyone has the ability to increase resilience to stress. It requires hard work and dedication, but over time, you can equip yourself to handle whatever life throws your way without adverse effects on your health. Training your brain to manage stress won’t just affect the quality of your life, but perhaps even the length of it.” – Amy Morin
7. “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo – far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.” –Jodi Picoult
8. My scars remind me that I did indeed survive my deepest wounds. That in itself is an accomplishment. And they bring to mind something else, too. They remind me that the damage life has inflicted on me has, in many places, left me stronger and more resilient. What hurt me in the past has made me better equipped to face the present.” – Steve Goodier
More Quotes About Strength
9. “The oak fought the wind and was broken, the willow bent when it must and survived.” – Robert Jordan
10. “It’s crazy, how similar we are. Here are both of us, working through our stuff, trying to make something positive out of something really bad.” – Jenny Han
11. “She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.” – Elizabeth Edwards
12. “It is really wonderful how much resilience there is in human nature. Let any obstructing cause, no matter what, be removed in any way, even by death, and we fly back to the first principles of hope and enjoyment.” – Bram Stoker
13. “I will not be another flower, picked for my beauty and left to die. I will be wild, difficult to find, and impossible to forget.” – Erin Van Vuren
14. “It’s your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself that determines how your life’s story will develop.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
15. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
16. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling
Great Quotes that can Make you Stay Resilient
17. “No matter how you define success, you will need to be resilient, empowered, authentic, and limber to get there.” – Joanie Connell
18. “Indeed, this life is a test. It is a test of many things – of our convictions and priorities, our faith and our faithfulness, our patience and our resilience, and in the end, our ultimate desires.” – Sheri L. Dew
19. “Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
20. “There are two kinds of strength. Power and the ability to wield it is obvious, but resilience, the ability to resist power, is the other.” – Raymond E. Feist
21. “When we tackle obstacles, we find hidden reserves of courage and resilience we did not know we had. And it is only when we are faced with failure do we realize that these resources were always there within us. We only need to find them and move on with our lives.” – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Most times, the world might look like a warzone. There are days you break down in tears but that’s fine. There are days you will win through life just like a winner should.
Resilience is very important. If you try and fail, hold onto faith while you keep trying. Stepping up again and being in control over your life is not going to happen in a day but it will surely happen.
This then brings us to the next set of quotes: Bible verses about resiliency. When you put God first in all you do, dealing with and overcoming challenges becomes very easy. You can be assured that you are not alone.
Resilience Quotes From the Bible
22. “You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.” – 2 Chronicles 20:17
23. “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” – James 1:12
24. Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!” – Psalm 21:24
25. “I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
26. “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” – Romans 8:37
27. “I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.” – Romans 8:18
28. “Stand firm, and you will win life.” – Luke 21:19
29. “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.” – 1 Corinthians 16:13
30. “We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.” – 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
31. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
The Bible is one book you can use to strengthen yourself and reading it every day can offer you motivation for the day.
Resilience Quotes for Kids
32. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is a strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
33. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
34. “We gain strength and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face… we must do that which we think we cannot.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
35. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
36. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
37. “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” – Tina Fey
38. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
39. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” – Colin Powell
40. “I wouldn’t be where I am now if I didn’t fail … a lot. The good, the bad, it’s all part of the success equation.” – Mark Cuban
41. “Fear of failure is the fuel of achievement. If you weren’t afraid to fail, you probably wouldn’t be highly motivated to work at the level that most of us have to work to do well.” – Ruth Simmons
Unique Resilience Quotes for Kids
42. “Remember an arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward; so when you feel like life is dragging you down with difficulties, it simply means that it’s going to launch you to something great. So just focus and keep aiming.” – Anonymous
43. “I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance. Never settle for the path of least resistance.” – Lee Ann Womack
44. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
45. “Resilience is all about being able to overcome the unexpected. Sustainability is about survival. The goal of resilience is to thrive.” – Jamais Cascio
46. “Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you. Never excuse yourself. Never pity yourself. Be a hard master to yourself-and be lenient to everybody else.” – Henry Ward Beecher
47. “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.” – Gever Tulley
48. “You must bear losses like a soldier, the voice told me, bravely and without complaint, and just when the day seems lost, grab your shield for another stand, another thrust forward. That is the juncture that separates heroes from the merely strong.” – Margaret George, The Memoirs of Cleopatra
49. “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” – Greg Kincaid
More Resilience Quotes
50. “Enthusiasm is common. Endurance is rare.” – Angela Duckworth
51. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
52. “Resilience isn’t a single skill. It’s a variety of skills and coping mechanisms. To bounce back from bumps in the road as well as failures, you should focus on emphasizing the positive.” – Jean Chatzky
53. “On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it. Raise your sail and begin.” – Gregory S. Williams
54. “Sometimes carrying on, just carrying on, is a superhuman achievement.” – Albert Camus
55. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
56. “Forget mistakes. Don’t think about failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do right now, and do it. Today is your lucky day.” – Will Durant
57. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
58. “Resilience is very different than being numb. Resilience means you experience, you feel, you fail, and you are hurt. You fall. But, you keep going.” – Yasmin Mogahed
59. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
60. “Like tiny seeds with potent power to push through tough ground and become mighty trees, we hold innate reserves of unimaginable strength. We are resilient.” – Catherine DeVrye, The Gift of Nature
61. “It may sound strange, but many champions are made champions by setbacks.” – Bob Richards
62. “Our resilience increases as we recognize the magnitude of what we have already accomplished.” ― Patricia O’Gorman
63. “Resiliency is the ability to spring back from and successfully adapt to adversity.” ― Nan Henderson
We suggest these two ways to build up an attitude of resilience. First, let go of the worries because they won’t get you anywhere and make you feel any better.
Second, practice habits that can increase your happiness and put you in a place of safety.
Hopefully, the quotes that have been provided in this article can help fuel your resilience and make you feel some positive strength.
They can serve as well as a reminder that you can always go through hard times and come out stronger from them.
What’s your best quote for this article? Let us know which one you like by dropping a comment in the comment section below.