You can’t have Halloween without pumpkin messages! While the focus of these gourds is always around carving ideas and paint creations, they are also quite perfect when thinking up a festive caption or cute fall saying to put write in a Halloween card.
And while using the pumpkin emoji is amazing, we’re more impressed by these cute pumpkin quotes and funny pumpkin puns.
So whether you’re taking pictures of your big trip pumpkin picking this year, just want to show off some sweet pumpkin pies you’re cooking up, or want to give your kids a good laugh, look to these one-liners and sayings.
And remember, there are a ton of great Halloween quotes, as well as fall caption ideas and autumn puns to help carry you through the season.
Best Pumpkin Quotes
Keep these pumpkin messages in mind. They will give you options.
- “I don’t see how a pumpkin patch could be more sincere than this one.” —It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- “Sugar and pumpkin spice and all things nice!” —a play on Robert Southey’s words.
- “I’d say the first thing you need is … a pumpkin.” —Cinderella
- “My favorite word is ‘pumpkin.’ You are a pumpkin. Or you are not. I am.” —Harrison Salisbury
- “I tromped through the pumpkin patch.” —The Nightmare Before Christmas
- “‘Cause I’m Peter, Peter the Pumpkin Eater/And the party has just begun.” —Garth Brooks
- “Apples, peaches, pumpkin pie/Soon your love will be all mine.” —Jay & The Techniques
- “Wednesday, play with your food.” —The Addams Family
- “Hey, have you come to sing pumpkin carols?” —It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- “When life gives you pumpkins, make pie.” —a play on Elbert Hubbard’s words.
- “I have to leave … Lizards and pumpkins and … things.” —Lily James in Cinderella
- “I heard a pumpkin a day keeps the goblins away.” —a play on the Pembrokeshire saying.
- “Gone pumpkin pickin'” —a play on the film title Gone Fishin’.
- “There are three things that I’ve learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.” —It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- “Jack-o’-lantern, Jack-o’-lantern. You are such a funny sight.” —Jack-o’-lantern Halloween Song
- “I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “Sometimes I think that ideas float through the atmosphere like huge squishy pumpkins waiting for heads to drop on.” —Neil Gaiman
- “The fifth one said ‘I’m ready for some fun!’” —Five Little Pumpkins
- “There he is. There he is. It’s the Great Pumpkin.” —It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- “I am the Pumpkin King.” —The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Lying Messages & Quotes About Liars & Lies
- Best Beach Messages & Quotes
- Disappointment Quotes to Inspire You to Bounce Back
- Beautiful Happy Married Life Wishes to Friend
- Trust Messages for Friends, Family, and Partners
Best Pumpkin Messages
These are the best pumpkin messages you could ever think of at best attempt.
- Say hollow to my little friend
- Hollow, anyone there?
- Life is gourd
- I’m ahead of the carve.
- Gourd vibes only
- Let’s (pumpkin) spice things up!
- Gourd luck charm
- You struck a gourd with me
- Get the latest scoop here!
- We have nothing but gourd intentions
- I only have pies for you
- I’m on the rind 24/7
- The pumpkin of my pie
- What’s cooking, gourd looking?
- Time to patch some z’s
- Be of gourd cheer
- Let the gourd times roll!
- Patch you later!
- Don’t go(urd) breaking my heart
- Everyone just wants to have a gourd time on Halloween!
- Jack of all lanterns
- Baby gourd back!
- Dang, you’re jacked!
- Gourd out of town!
- Carved out some time today
- Go big or gourd home!
- Gourdness gracious!
- Looking go(urd)
- Best Sample Thank You Messages
- Cute Animal Messages, Quotes, and Captions
- Sincere Thank You Message to Colleagues
- Beauty Messages and Quotes
- Uplifting Good Morning Bible Verses Messages
Immediately we detect the first hint of crispness in the air, we declare it pumpkin season. We’re ready to eat, drink, and decorate with our favored fall gourd.
And of course, we want to take pictures and share them with our friends on social media along with clever quotes and puns about pumpkins.
Whether you’re looking for perfect pumpkin messages to share with friends, or you’re just in need of some holiday-themed Dad jokes for the trick-or-treaters, you can’t go wrong with this list of fun sayings.
You can even carve one of these clever ideas into your pumpkin messages card if you’d like.
We feel you’ll especially enjoy the ones from your favorite movies, but we also have short and sweet one-liners that will fit on any little gourd you have.