Are you old enough to remember those eras, the 1990s? Rock those JNCO pants, put on some brown lipstick, and test your nostalgia by answering these 50 90s trivia questions about the 1990s!
A Celebration of all Things ’90s
The 90s trivia quiz helps jiggle our memories. Realizing that the 1990s were three decades ago is almost mind-boggling.
The 1990s saw several significant developments, including grunge, golf records, and significant scientific advances (hi, pogs!).
90s Trivia Game
The 1990s saw a radical shift in global socioeconomic conditions. The 1990s also produced several incredible video games, TV shows, cartoons, and movies.
But by testing your knowledge of that decade, this trivia game is here to help you appreciate everything 90s!
Take a trip down memory lane and put your brain to the test with this collection of trivia questions from the 1990s to see how you fare!
Top 90’s Trivia Quiz
1. Which nation was first admitted to the 1992 Summer Olympics after being banned from the games that had started in 1960?
2. On June 25, 1991, Croatia and Slovenia proclaimed their independence from which nation?
3. Which Superman actor was knocked off his horse in May 1995, paralyzing him from the neck down?
4. In which 1990 movie did Kiefer Sutherland, Julia Roberts, William Baldwin, and Kevin Bacon’s characters experience near death?
5. At the age of 27, which British singer—best known for the song Never Gonna Give You Up—retired from the music business?
6. Which space-based telescope was launched at the beginning of the 1990s required maintenance because its main mirror had a defect that caused distorted images?
7. Which 1992 movie starred Gerard Depardieu as Christopher Columbus as he explored the New World?
8. Which fashion designer, age 50, was shot and killed on the steps of his Miami Beach home on July 15, 1997?
9. In the 1998 Tom Hanks movie You’ve Got Mail, all of which were cut: Michael Palin or John Cleese. Which member of the Monty Python team appeared in several scenes?
10. Which British singer, whose career was launched by the song I Only Want to Be With You in 1963 and carried on with songs like You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me and Son of a Preacher Man, passed away in 1999 at the age of 59?
15 Amazing 90’s Trivia Quiz
11. Which of the following nationalities did Linus Torvalds belong to when he revealed in August 1991 that he was developing the Linux operating system?
12. What was established through the signing of the Maastricht Treaty on 7 February 1992: The International Criminal Court, the European Space Agency, or the European Union?
13. In The Team, who did George Peppard, who passed away in May 1994, play?
14. Which 1991 film starring Kurt Russell, William Baldwin, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Rebecca De Mornay, Donald Sutherland, and Robert De Niro was about firefighters investigating arson?
15. Which 1992 movie features the line, “You can’t handle the truth!”?
16. Which American novelist passed away in Switzerland in February 1995? Her works comprised five Tom Ripley books.
17. On December 3, 1992, what was sent for the very first time?
18. In October 1995, a former American football player was found not guilty of two murders?
19 . Which royal passed away on August 31, 1997, at the Pont de l’Alma tunnel in Paris?
20. The US pop artist published whose debut double album, History in 1995?
21. Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, or Bill Wyman: who made the Rolling Stones announcement on December 3, 1992, that he was leaving the band?
22. The sheep that was the first mammal to be successfully cloned in the world was given of the following names in February 1997: Polly, Dolly, Holly, Molly, and Polly?
23. Which city hosted the 1997 opening of the Petronas Twin Towers, the world’s tallest structures at the time?
24. In August 1991, which international publication platform did CERN first make public?
25. On November 1, 1996, which Middle Eastern 24-hour news channel debuted?
Best 90’s Trivia Quiz
26. Which of the following components was put into orbit by Russia, Europe, or the United States as the first piece of the International Space Station in 1998?
27. Neo, Nemo, or Nero was the name of the character played by Keanu Reeves in the 1999 film The Matrix?
28. Poland, Czech Republic, or Slovakia, which nation fell to Germany in the UEFA Euro 96 football tournament final?
29. In which 1998 movie starring Cameron Diaz and Ben Stiller does a man hire a private investigator to find his high school sweetheart?
30. Denholm Elliott, who passed away at the age of 70 in October 1992, played the role of Dr. Marcus Brody in which movie series?
31. In his 1998 book A Walk in the Woods, Which American travel author who is currently a longtime resident of the UK, wrote about his adventures hiking the Appalachian Trail?
32. Bill Murray portrayed a weatherman who was doomed to repeat the same day over and over again in which 1993 film?
33. Which financially ailing computer company—Apple, Compaq, or Nixdorf—did Microsoft purchase a $150 million portion of in 1997?
34. I’ll Be There for You was the theme song for which television show?
35. On May 10, 1994, who became South Africa’s first black president?
36. In January 1999, Rachel Hunter and which musician ended their eight-year marriage?
37. What 1991 comedy-drama starring Kathy Bates and Jessica Tandy is about a certain fruit that is served at the Whistle WStop Café?
38. Was Dolly, the first cloned mammal in history, a sheep, a human, or a cow?
39. Who portrayed Kevin McCallister in the Home Alone film from 1990?
40. In the 1998 FIFA World Cup final, against whom did France compete? Argentina, Brazil, or the Netherlands?
Real-Time 90’s Trivia Quiz
41. The Crow Road was released in 1992 by which Scottish author?
42. What was Patsy’s last name in the 1992 film Absolutely Fabulous?
43. Which actor passed away in September 1993 at the age of 76 and is best remembered for portraying the lead roles in the films Perry Mason and Ironside?
44. In July 1991, President George H.W. Bush declared the end of five years of sanctions against which nation after it eliminated racial segregation?
45. Which British musicians released an Album of covers titled Songs from the Last Century at the end of 1999?
46. Was it Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel who made the announcement that he was quitting Genesis to concentrate on his own musical career in March 1996?
47. Did the International Space Station’s construction start in 1994, 1996, or 1998?
48. Among Michael Gorbachev, Boris Yeltsin, George H.W. Bush, or Margaret Thatcher who received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1990?
49. The Liar, The Hippopotamus, or Making History was the title of Stephen Fry’s debut book, which was published in 1991.
50. For her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth I in a 1998 movie, who was awarded a Golden Globe? Elizabeth starring Cate Blanchett or Shakespeare in Love starring Judi Dench?
90s Quiz Game Answers
- Christopher Reeve
- Rick Astley
- Hubble Space Telescope
- 1492: Conquest of Paradise
- Gianni Versace
- MichaSouth el Palin
- Dusty Springfield
- European Union
- Hannibal Smith
- A Few Good Men
- Patricia Highsmith
- Text message
- OJ Simpson
- Princess Diana
- Michael Jackson
- Bill Wyman
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- World Wide Web
- Al Jazeera
- Czech Republic
- There’s Something About Mary
- Indiana Jones
- Bill Bryson
- Groundhog Day
- Nelson Mandela
- Rod Stewart
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Macaulay Culkin
- Iain Banks
- Raymond Burr
- South Africa
- George Michael
- Phil Collins
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- The Liar
- Cate Blanchett
The 90s were a time of many beautiful memories, the feelings of nostalgia for how the world has changed.
To some, if they could go back to the 90s, they would at the drop of a hat!
Do well to leave a comment below, if these games refreshed your memories and made you appreciate history.