These mental health messages will assist you in prioritizing your moods, emotions, and overall wellness. The status of our emotional, psychological, and social well-being is referred to as our mental health. It has an effect on how we feel, think, and act, making it essential in all aspects of our lives.
Taking care of our mental health is one of the most crucial aspects of total wellness. According to CDC, our mental health influences almost every area of our lives, including our emotional, psychological, and social well-being.
In reality, being diagnosed with a mental disorder is more prevalent than you might believe. According to CDC, “more than 50% will be diagnosed with mental illness or disorder at some point in their lifetime.”
Famous Mental Health Messages & Quotes
You’ve come to the correct place if you’re seeking some motivational quotations regarding mental health. Everyone has mental health issues and insights, including celebrities, sports, political leaders, and artists.
- “Your current circumstances do not determine where you will go; they only determine where you will begin.” Nido Qubein
- “In the midst of an emotional storm, slow breathing is like an anchor: it won’t make the storm go away, but it will keep you steady until it passes.” -Russ Harris
- “And still, I rise.” –Maya Angelou
- “Dedicate yourself to changing people’s perceptions of mental illness at all levels of society.” Advocate for people who are suffering in silence, if not for yourself.” -Germany Kent
- “It is up to you to start making healthy choices today.” Not simply choices that are good for your body, but also choices that are good for your mind.” Steve Maraboli
- “You are not required to manage your ideas. You just must quit allowing them to control you.” Dan Millman.
- “Everything has a crack, that’s how the light gets in.” Leonard Cohen.
- “Deep breathing is like our nervous system’s love language.” — Dr. Lauren Fogel Mersy.
- “It’s not the injuries on my body that bother me. It is the heart’s wounds and the mind’s scars.” Aisha Mirza.
Favorite Mental Health Messages
- Even when your brain tells you there isn’t, there is hope.
- “The true definition of mental illness is when the majority of your time is spent thinking about the past or the future, but rarely living in the realism of NOW.”
- “No one would ever say that someone with a broken arm or leg is less than a whole person, but people say or imply that all the time about individuals who have a mental illness.”
- “Things not to say to someone suffering from a mental illness: Ignore it.” Put it out of your mind. Fight back. You are superior to this. You’re overthinking things.”
- “One of the most important aspects of good mental health is the ability to be your true self.”
- “All stress, anxiety, and depression are caused by ignoring who we are and living to please others.”
- “Mental illness occurs when our mental health is compromised or neglected for an extended period of time, affecting our ability to function in daily life.”
- “Over the last decade, there has been a greater willingness to recognize mental health as an essential component of one’s well-being.”
- “We envision a society in which mental health issues are accepted and, in some ways, valued as part of the human experience.”
- “As a result, actions that successfully improve the overall mental health of the population are likely to be accompanied by other significant societal benefits.”
- 65 Best Welcome Messages
- Engagement Congratulations Messages
- What is the TrustedInstaller
- Most Touching Sympathy Messages
- Amazing Thank You Messages for Birthday Wishes
Mental Health Messages to Help You not Feel Alone
- “My advice to someone who is silently struggling is that you don’t have to live that way.” You do not have to suffer in silence. You have the option of becoming audible. You may live well with a mental health illness if you open up to someone about it because it’s critical that you share your experience with others in order to get the support you need.” Demi Lovato.
- “I discovered that one of the most important things you can realize when dealing with depression is that you are not alone.” You are not the first to go through it, and you will not be the last.” ― Dwayne Johnson.
- “You are not by yourself. You have been noticed. I agree with you. You are not by yourself.” — Shonda Rhimes
- “Remember, you are not alone; in fact, you share a common experience with millions of others.” We need to support one another and keep working hard to achieve our objectives.” — Mike Moreno.
- “Our humanity is more important than the mental illnesses we may or may not have.” Elyn R. Saks.
- “Life is meaningless without interdependence.” We need each other, and the sooner we realize this, the better.” Erik Erikson.
- “Mental illness does not define who you are.” They are something you encounter. You walk through the rain and feel the rain, but you are not the rain.” — Matt Haig
Inspirational Mental Health Quotes to Help You on Your Journey
According to a University of Warwick study, those who report higher levels of pleasure and life satisfaction are more likely to succeed in a variety of areas, including employment and relationships.
This indicates the potential benefit of mental health quotations on increasing happiness and achievement.
- “Unsurprisingly, there has been a misalignment between the enormous impact of mental illness and addiction on public health and our society’s limited commitment to addressing these problems.”
- “Just because no one else can heal or do your inner work for you doesn’t mean you can, should, or have to do it alone.”
- “It is critical to breathe slowly and deeply… It’s like an anchor in the middle of an emotional storm: the anchor won’t get rid of the storm, but it will keep you steady till it passes.”
Quotes About Positive Mental Health to Give You Strength
- “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.” Charles Bukowski.
- “Promise me you’ll never forget — you’re braver than you think, stronger than you appear, and smarter than you think.” Winnie the Pooh’s Christopher Robin.
- “In the dead of winter, I discovered that I possessed an invincible summer.” Albert Camus.
- “If you’re going through hell, you should keep going.” Winston Churchill
- “I am twisted but not broken.” I have scars but am not disfigured. I’m depressed, but not hopeless. I’m tired, but not helpless. Also, I’m enraged but not bitter and I’m down, but I’m not giving up.” — Unknown
Individuals with poor mental health may react by disregarding their physical health through inconsistent eating habits, poor hygiene, and general malaise (Ohrnberger et al., 2017).
As a result, it is critical that you use our mental health messages to help keep you on track and share them with your friends who you believe have mental health difficulties.