– Sympathy Messages for Loss of Son –
Losing a grown son may be incredibly difficult and devastating for the surviving family members. If you know someone who has lost an adult child, there are a few things to consider while reaching out to them.
If a friend or family member is going through this tough time, here’s how you may express your heartfelt condolences to the grieving family.
- We were shocked and heartbroken to learn about the passing of your wife. Her death is a deep blow to all of us, and her absence will be keenly felt. Please accept our sincere sympathies.
- I am praying that you feel God’s unfailing love during this heartbreaking time. Please accept my sincere sympathies for the loss of your wonderful son. -Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Grown-up Son.
- To be given the most beautiful, loving, and stable family home is truly a gift. To grow, surrounded by love and kindness, is the most wonderful gift you have given. The time you had with [name] was full of happiness and love. Please know that this will live on forever. We are sending love and support through this most challenging time.
- I am sending you my deepest condolences for the loss of your dad. My heart aches because he is no longer with us. He was such an amazing father to you and your siblings, and a wonderful role model for me as I was growing up. I learned so much from him, and I’ll always remember his words of wisdom. I’ll call you soon to see if there is anything I can do to support you during this difficult time.
- Please accept our sincere sympathies for the death of your amazing wife. We know that this time is really tough for you, as you’ve not only lost your partner you’ve also lost your best friend. Please let us support you during your journey of grief. She would want us all to be there for each other.
- Your wife’s death has left a deep void in our lives and we mourn her passing with you and your family. She was an amazing person and will be forever missed. Please accept our deepest condolences. -Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Grown-up Son.
- Please accept my deepest sympathies for the passing of your special mom. We are praying that your broken heart is healed through God’s never-ending love.
- I am so deeply sorry to hear about the loss of [name]. It is a parent’s greatest nightmare come true. I would like to offer my help with your arrangements. Please let me know if I can do anything to ease your burden.
- To share what I want to share with you is so hard to put into words. Your [name] was a wonderful child, full of fun and laughter. They were so mischievous and had a look in their eye as if they had a secret they wanted to share. I am reminded of them so frequently each and every day and want you to know that their memory lives on for me, as I am sure it does for many others. So sadly no longer with us, but so far from forgotten. I do hope this gives you comfort. Sending all our love and thoughts.
- Please accept our sincere sympathies for the loss of your dad. I hope it brings you comfort to know that we share your grief. He was a wonderful man and will be sorely missed.
Amazing Sympathy Messages for Loss of Son
- Let me step into your sorrow and weep with you. I can’t think of greater sorrow than that which comes from losing a child, and my heart breaks for you. If I may, I would like to ease the demands of your everyday life during this difficult time. I would like to pick up groceries or take your [children/pets] out. Anything at all, please let me know. My absolute deepest condolences to you and your family.
- When a child is lost, a cry of sadness is shared around the world. For a child is the purest and most joyous of all. Know that the days you shared were so full of happiness, and your [name] knew how loved they were. Although their time was not as long as we hoped, it was so full, full of love, laughter, warmth, and joy. A life lived full of happiness. The greatest gift you have ever given.
- My deepest condolences go out to you and your family. Moms are special people, especially ones like yours. From the time I spent with her, I could tell she was an amazing lady.
- The loss of a loved one, the loss of a child, is unimaginable pain. With time I hope you feel comforted by memories of love and warmth. When the breeze blows gently, remember their softness, when the sun shines brightly, remember their spirit, when the river bubbles slowly, remember their kindness. Take comfort in the memories that surround you. Sending you all our love, thoughts, and well wishes at this deeply saddening time.
- My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family. As a long-time friend of your mother’s, I know how special of a person she was. I feel a great loss at this time. -Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Grown up Son.
- We are sending our deepest condolences on the loss of your dear child. I have so many fond memories of [name] and will honor [his/her] memory by recalling them often. We have several beautiful pictures and videos that we would like to share when you are ready.
- To have known [name] was a privilege and brought joy and warmth into our hearts. I know the pain you feel at this time is overwhelming. I hope that with time, we can all heal together and bring joy and warmth to others’ lives, remembering every time we do, that we share a piece of [name] with others we love and care for.
- In this time of suffering and uncertainty, I wanted to express my sincerest condolences. I would like to come to your house for a quiet visit, where I offer my support to you in whatever way you find most comforting. I want to help you get through this in any way I can.
- After hearing the most saddening news of your loss, please accept my deepest sympathies. The loss of a child is truly heartbreaking, and I wish to share with you my wishes to help and comfort you during this time. Please know my door and heart are always open to you.
- My sincere condolences go out to you and your family. I’m grateful for being able to get to know your mother, and I’m comforted in the knowledge that there are many other people who felt and remember her amazing influence.
- Message for a Friend with a Sick Family
- Messages for a sick friend
- Thank You Note for Condolence Messages
- Pregnancy Congratulations Card Messages
Touching Sympathy Messages for Loss of Son
- I cannot begin to imagine your pain, and how deep you feel the loss of [name]. I hope you can take some comfort from knowing how loved and cherished [he/she] was within the community and in our hearts. We will continue to share memories and [his/her] spirit always, and hope that this is something that in time you feel the strength to do with us.
- May God strengthen you and your family as you come to terms with the death of your wife and may you find the courage to face the days ahead without her. Please accept my sincere sympathies for your great loss. -Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Grown-up Son.
- Sending condolences on the loss of [name], such a loving child. So happy and spirited, their kindness and warmth shone like a beacon of light and will be so greatly missed. I hope you are able to take comfort in hearing all of the wonderful memories people share with you over the coming days and weeks, and that these memories help you to build strength and find peace to cope with such a devastating loss. We thought so much of your [son/daughter], and their presence will truly be missed among us all. We are here for you, to listen and love.
- I’m glad to have gotten to meet your mother. My condolences go out to you and your family.
- I know that you are going through an unimaginable loss, but I wanted to tell you that My family is here for you no matter what you need. We promise to listen and respect your space when needed. I love you, and I want you to remember that you are not alone.
- Saying goodbye is such a hard thing to do. We are not saying goodbye to [name’s] memories though. Our memories can never be taken away. As long as we take the time to remember and share what a wonderful child [he/she] was, their memory forever lives on. Their kindness and warmth touched us all, and we are all so much better for knowing [name]. Please know we offer support and love at this difficult time.
- Please know that I am thinking of you and your family constantly. The pain you must be feeling is unfathomable. I would like to cover for you at work this week, along with anything else you should need. I am here for you and you are not alone.
- Please accept my heartfelt sympathies for the loss of your dad. I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I pray that you feel God’s care and love, as well as the support of us all. Sympathy messages for loss of a son
- She feeds us, teaches us, loves us, spends time with us. When she leaves us, she lives on through us. Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss.
Great Sympathy Messages for Loss of Son
- Saying goodbye is one of the hardest things in our lives. Saying goodbye to a child is unspeakable. It is so deeply saddening and painful. Please know that you are not alone. We stand together with you in sadness and stand together with you in pain. Please know you are loved and supported.
- Our hearts wept when we heard about your news. I am deeply and truly so sorry. I would like to prepare meals for you and bring them over. We know this is such a small gesture when thinking about the scale of your loss, but I hope it makes your time a little easier. When you are ready, please know I am here to listen, with a heart full of love for you and your family.
- After just hearing your tragic news, I wanted to reach out and share my condolences. [Name] was such a beautiful soul and a happy child, and their absence will be forever missed. May you find the strength to carry on and know you do not have to face this alone. I am able to help with your home and pets. Please know I am here, and I am available to offer support. -Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Grown-up Son.
- We were deeply sorry to learn of your profound loss. Your darling [name] was a wonderfully kind and gentle soul. During this time, it may be difficult to continue with the monotony of regular life. I would be happy to help with chores around the house or running errands. Know that we are here for you always. -Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Grown-up Son.
- Your father was one of the nicest people I know, and it was obvious that he was a great dad too. You have my deepest sympathy – I wish he were still here with us. He may be gone, but he’ll never be forgotten.
- I am so sorry to hear of your loss, a life so full and bright has been taken from us too soon. When I remember [name], I am reminded of their spirit, of their kindness, and their laughter. Sending you our love and knowing that you are ever-present in our thoughts. We will endeavor to see you as soon as you feel ready to receive visitors. Please know you are not alone in your sadness, and I hope you can find comfort in sharing this together with others.
- I am blessed to have known your mother. She was truly a blessing in my life and I will miss her greatly. It is an honor to call your mother my friend. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
- Your loss is so very sad, and when we heard about it, I wept. I cannot imagine your pain. We are here for you and your family at this difficult time. We would like to take the time to help with your other children, to allow you some time in thought. Please contact me and let me know when would be convenient to take them out for the day, whenever you are ready.
- Although no words can really help ease your grief, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer. I admired your dad for his strength of character and his faith. I will continue to be inspired by the noble life that he lived. I am truly blessed to have known him. Please accept my deepest condolences. Sympathy messages for loss of a son
- Your [name] is a deep and heartfelt loss to the community. A vivacious and bubbly character, who lit up every room [he/she] entered. Know that every time I see the sunshine or a flower in bloom, I am reminded of [name]. The community joins you in mourning and shares your sadness.
- Your mom was a beautiful woman in her personality, integrity, and actions. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.
More Sympathy Messages
- I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved wife. Please accept my deepest sympathies. Through this time of pain, I just want you to know that I am here for you and your children. Whatever you need, don’t hesitate to call me, day or night.
- Life sometimes isn’t fair, and this is one of those times. Your father was a wonderful person, and I will miss him terribly. I will treasure my memories of him always. Please accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss.
- You and your family are in my heart and mind. My deepest sympathies on the passing of your mother.
- My condolences go out to you and your family for the loss of your mom. I don’t know what you are feeling right now, but I do know that God will be with you always.
- Your [son/daughter] really was the brightest of stars that shone. Every time I look at the night sky, I think of them as the brightest star in the sky. Filling the night sky with their happiness and their laughter. I hope as time moves on, you find ways to share memories and are comforted by these memories. All our love and thoughts are with you at this time, and always.
Beautiful Sympathy Messages for Loss of Son
- Please accept my heartfelt condolences at this most saddening time. Your [son/daughter] really was the kindest and most thoughtful child. Qualities I have no doubt came from you as a parent.
- As time heals, I hope you are comforted by the fact that their kindness and thoughtfulness within the community will be missed, and we hope to be that little bit kinder and that little bit more thoughtful as a tribute to your [son/daughter]. All our wishes are with you during this most difficult time. -Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Grown-up Son.
- I am one of the many lives that your mother touched during her life. I’m sorry for your loss.
- I am deeply saddened upon hearing about your devastating loss. Your [name] was always such a bright and happy soul. With time, I hope your memories provide comfort, and their bright soul continues to shine through you, as [he/she] remains forever in your heart.
- Your wife was one-of-a-kind, and even though she is gone, she will never be forgotten. I will always treasure my memories of her. Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss. -Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Grown-up Son.
- I am sending my heartfelt condolences. A parent’s love is timeless, as is that of a child. Although no longer together physically, your love is still ever-present. Your love was known and felt deeply by both of you, and not a moment goes by where your [son/daughter] didn’t feel the constant love and support you provided. I am always here for you, whenever you need me.
- A shoulder to cry on, someone to hold you, or simply being there to help you with your grief – this is what I promise to be for you during this dark period of your life. I am so deeply sorry for your devastating loss. Sympathy messages for loss of a son.
- This card is sent with our heartfelt sympathies for the passing of your beloved wife. Please know that we are thinking of you and your family during this difficult time and sharing your grief. She was a true friend and we will all miss her terribly.
- I was shocked and saddened to hear of your wife’s passing. I knew that she had been ill, but was hoping she would recuperate. You have my very sincere and deep condolences on such a tragic loss.
- Mothers hold a special place in their hearts for their children, and children hold a special place in their hearts for their mothers. I’m sorry for the hole that you have now. My heartfelt sympathies for your great loss.
- Your mother will be greatly missed, and we are sorry for your loss.
- I am sorry for your loss. I cannot possibly imagine the waves of grief that must be washing over you after the loss of [name]. There is nothing worse than the loss of a child, and your beautiful [boy/girl] is no different. My thoughts and love are with you.
- Your mother’s light shone brightly on those she loved during her luminous life. Please accept my heartfelt condolences during this sad time.
- Sincere sympathies to you and your family. Moms live in a special place in the hearts of their children. That’s why mothers will continue to live even after they pass on.
- Since the loss of your child, you have been left behind, trying to adapt to a new life that is dark and full of grief because it is void of them. I am sorry for your loss. Allow me to help you by making phone calls or sending messages. I want to try and make your life just a little easier as you process your grief.
Consoling Sympathy Messages for Loss of Son
- Your father may have passed on, but his love and legacy will live forever. He had a positive influence on the lives of his family, friends, and his community. Please accept our sincere condolences for your loss.
- Our deepest sympathies go out to you and your family during this terrible time. If we can help you care for your other [child/children], please do let us know. I cannot imagine the depth of your sorrow. Thinking of you. Sympathy messages for the loss of a son.
- Receiving news of your wife’s death was devastating and I cannot begin to imagine your pain and sorrow. May God comfort you and hold you in His arms. And never forget that I am always here for you. Please accept my deepest sympathies.
- [Name] was such a beautiful child, in more ways than I can count. Words cannot express just how sorry I am for your loss. I would like to help you with any communications you need to send out to other family and friends, in the hope that it may lift a tiny portion of the weight from your shoulders. Know that you are in our thoughts.
- The day your [name] died, the ground shifted under your feet, and everything you knew was taken away. I am so sorry this has happened to you. My family would like to offer our support to you by taking your other [children/child] out for a few hours this week. I will check in with you soon.
- I am so sorry that you are experiencing such a heartbreaking loss. It is impossible to find the right words to say as if there were anything that could possibly temper the anguish that comes after losing a child. When you are ready, I would like to help find the right person or support group to help you work through your unimaginable grief. I cannot even begin to understand the depths of your pain. If there is any burden I can shoulder for you, please let me know.
- Thinking of you during this time of suffering. It is such a twisted and unfair turn in life. When time permits, I would like to drop off some meals for you and your family. I hope it helps, however minuscule or irrelevant the gesture may seem. Our deepest sympathies for your loss.
- Please accept my heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your wife. I know you had a great marriage and loved her so much. I share your grief at this very difficult time, but treasure the wonderful memories I have of her. -Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Grown-up Son.
- Your dad was a wise man, but also had a great sense of humor. He will be missed greatly and remembered often. Please accept our heartfelt condolences, and know that we are here for you, now and always.
- We send our deepest condolences to you for losing someone as special as your wife. We share your pain and grief and want you to know that we are always here for you and your children. Just call whenever you need us, even if it’s just to sit quietly with you. We’ll also be dropping by on a regular basis to check in with you all.
- I was shocked and saddened to learn of your wife’s passing. She was a genuinely warm and loving person who enriched the lives of everybody she came into contact with. I feel very blessed to have known her. Please accept my deepest sympathies.
- Our deepest condolences on the loss of your child. I know that you probably feel like you must be strong for others right now, but know that my family is here if you need to fall apart. I am ready to jump in and take care of anything that seems too burdensome during this time.
- We cannot tell you how sorry I was to hear about your dad. I was shocked and saddened by the news. Please extend our heartfelt sympathies to your Mom and the rest of your family, and know that I will always be here for support.
- Right now, you are probably in survival mode, just trying to breathe and put one foot in front of the other. The loss of a child is inconceivable. There are no words to describe just how sorry I am. I am having some items delivered to you in the hopes that they provide you comfort.
- Be patient and kind to yourself during this awful period. You have suffered a great loss, and it will take a long time to recover. We are here for you, whether it be to weep with you or lash out at the deep injustice of your loss. We will check in often, whenever you need us.
More Sympathy Messages
- I was so shocked and heartbroken to hear the news of your wife’s passing. I am so very sorry. My family and I extend our sincere condolences. Your wife was a tremendous person. She was gracious and helpful to everybody, and probably the kindest person we’ve ever known. We will miss her terribly.
- There will be days when you cannot possibly imagine getting out of bed and trying to live life as though nothing has happened. On those days, know that you can reach out to me. I will be there, in your corner, helping you manage. Words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss. Please lean on me and let me help you through this time.
- You and your family are in my heart and mind. My deepest condolences on the passing of your mother. Your mother was one of the warmest and most caring people I have had the pleasure of knowing. I am sorry for your great loss.
- Your father was so proud of you and lit up whenever he spoke about you. I hope you know that you meant the world to him. He was a wonderful man and will be truly missed. Please accept our sincere condolences for your loss.
- Please accept our deepest condolences for your loss. Walking through life without your beloved wife will be difficult. Try and take it one step at a time. We are here to support you, and we pray that God will guide you each step of the way.
Sympathy Messages for Loss of Son
- Words cannot express the devastation the loss of your darling [name] has caused. We are here for you, whatever you need. We are here for you through the tears, and will not ask you to talk about anything. Know that we care deeply for you and your family.
- Upon hearing the tragic news of your loss, I wish to offer my condolences, my thoughts, and my support. I am able to help with any childcare or home arrangements while you concentrate on being able to say goodbye in the best possible way. Know that I am here for you, to listen and to love.
- Your mother was the type of person who inspired integrity in those around her; she encouraged others to be the best people they could be. That’s reflected in your life. Please accept my heartfelt sympathies for your loss.
- Please accept my heartfelt sympathies for the death of your beloved wife. Words cannot fully express the sorrow I feel about her passing. May you always treasure the wonderful times you shared with her. My prayers are with you and your whole family during this difficult time.
- When I heard the devastating news of your loss, I wanted to share with you some thoughts that I hoped would provide some comfort, love, and support during this time. A child loves unconditionally and lives in each and every moment. Please know that your [son/daughter] had the most beautiful and wonderful moments and memories with you. Each family moment is a treasured memory within your heart that can never be taken away from either of you. -Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Grown-up Son.
- I am really sorry for the loss of your father. Please accept our sincere condolences. I know how close you were to him, and what a profound influence he had on your life. We will all miss him greatly.
- I’m praying that God grants you strength at this time and that He gives you comfort and healing after the loss of your mother.
- A mother is with us always, first in her lifetime, then forever in our memory.
- The loss of [name] is such terrible news. I hope you find the strength from knowing that you were such a wonderful parent, that you made their days bright and happy. They spent their days loved and cherished. I know this cannot bring them back to you, but please know that their memories were happy, and you gave all of yourself, and, in return, had the most wonderful [boy/girl] who was a credit to you. Their memory lives on forever in our minds and our hearts. Sympathy messages for loss of a son
- I extend my sincerest sympathies to you and your family. What I remember most about your mother were her wisdom and warm-heartedness. She was patient and never seemed to speak ill of others.
- We will all miss your mom. Your mom was a wonderful woman who role-modeled what it means to live life well. She was a dynamic person and a pleasure to know. Please accept our sincere condolences for your loss.
More Sympathy Messages
- When I heard the news, I was overcome with emotion. A beautiful child such as your [name] had so much to give and touched all of our lives. I am sending my thoughts and well wishes, now and every day. I hope that your pain eases with time. Please know we are here to cry with you in sadness and share memories of joy with you, reflecting on the life of [name] and remembering the times we shared together.
- Through the years that we knew your wife, we shared laughter and joy, and now we share your grief and pain at her passing. May God comfort you and bring you healing. Please accept our heartfelt condolences, as well as our help in whichever way you may need it.
- I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your beautiful mother. May the Good Shepherd bless and keep you and give you peace.
- Please accept my heartfelt sympathy for the passing of your dad. I will always remember him as the hard-working and decent man that he was. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this sad time.
- Your mother was such a special lady. God called home another great servant and saint. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.
- Please accept my condolences for the loss of your beautiful child. I am going to check in with you often so that you know my support is there should you need it. There is no obligation to respond if you are not up to it. I am thinking of you.
- My condolences go out to you and your family for the loss of your dad. I don’t know what you are feeling right now, but I do know that God will be with you always.
- Please accept my heartfelt condolences for the loss of your beloved wife. I am here for you and you are not alone.
More Sympathy Messages for Loss of Son
- Your father gave me the greatest gift anyone can give another person — he believed in me. I will always consider him to be an important mentor and friend. I was so lucky to know him, and will always strive to help others in the way he helped me. Please accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss.
- We will all miss your wife who was an inspiration to all of us. Through her we got to know what real family is all about. We give you our heartfelt condolences at this sad time.
- Please accept my deepest sympathies. Just know that I am here for you, and will be dropping by to see how you are doing. Please also don’t hesitate to reach out when there is anything that I can help you with. Great people such as your mother are an inspiration to everyone around them. Your mother will continue to be an inspiration for me, even though she has passed. She will live on in my memory and thoughts.
- A tragedy such as this can never make sense, such a beautiful, sweet spirit whisked away before their time. I am terribly sorry for the loss of your amazing [name]. I would like to help you by making any necessary phone calls or arranging transportation for any out-of-town visitors. Let me know. Sending you my love.
- God broke the mold when He made your amazing wife. Her life, love, and faith were a great inspiration to us. We will miss her deeply, and our prayers and love are with you and your family. Please accept our deepest condolences.
- Losing your dad is a profound loss. He was a source of strength and unfailing love and support. Words cannot express how truly sorry I am for your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences. Sympathy messages for loss of a son
- I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. We admire the life that your mom lived, and we can only hope that everyone has a positive impact on the lives of others as she did.
- I was so sorry to hear about your father’s passing. This is a very sad and difficult time for you and your family. He is irreplaceable. You have my very deepest sympathy for your great loss.
- My deepest condolences to you, my dear friend. One day you woke up, and everything changed. While you are navigating this new and difficult time, I would like to help in dealing with the various people and places in your community. Let me answer uncomfortable questions and help you avoid sad looks. Let me go to the grocery store, or pick up your dry cleaning. I am here to help you get through this.
- Please accept my deepest condolences to you for the passing of your dad. There will never be another man like him. He was definitely one-in-a-million, and we were all lucky to know him. -Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Grown-up Son.
- Most people only have one mom, and that is why moms are so special. I’m so sorry for your great loss.
- Sorrow, shock, and disbelief – that is what I feel right now after learning about the death of your wife. Please accept my deepest condolences, and know that you can count on me for anything, now and always. You are not alone – I am here for you.
- While we cannot begin to understand why something so awful would happen, we can try our best to commemorate your beloved [name]. We would love to help with taking care of day-to-day tasks that now seem impossible. All our love.
More Sympathy Messages
- Please know we share your sadness and your pain. The loss of your [name] is felt by so many as their joy touched so many hearts and lives. I wish to take some time to share with you my available times to help with [housework, cooking, and childcare]. I know these gestures will not ease your pain, but I hope to give you time with your thoughts and time to process such a tragic loss. In time, I hope we can share our memories fondly. Please contact me whenever it is convenient.
- You may feel as though you need to put on a happy face, that you should have it all together, but you do not. Should you need to fall to pieces, I am here to sweep them up. If you need to scream into the wind to lessen the pain inside you, I will hold your hand in support. Know that I love you, and I am here.
- I hope you know you are not alone at this time. You are loved and cherished within our community. Your [son/daughter] was a beautiful light that shone. I am available to come over during the weekends, to help with housework and meals, and to make life a little bit easier during this very difficult time of tragic loss.
- Your father was always there for my family and me growing up. He was so giving and thoughtful. He will live on in our hearts forever. Please accept my deepest condolences at this heartbreaking time. -Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Grown-up Son.
If you enjoyed this article and found it helpful, do well to share it with friends and loved ones, and also, you can share your opinions in the comment section.