– Do you Need a Credit Card for PayPal –
Do you need a Credit Card for PayPal? PayPal is a handy tool to make payments. Originally intended for online payments and purchases, PayPal also allows you to use your PayPal account instead of traditional payment methods to shop at brick and mortar retailers. Payments may be financed from different sources like your debit card.
If you prefer to shop with a debit card it may even be wise to use PayPal to make payments. Doing this would secure your card details by creating a barrier between your online checking account and the merchants you shop with, rather than swiping your card or punching in the number, which poses security risks.
What is PayPal Credit and how does it work?
PayPal Credit is an unsecured line of credit that you apply for and can use online anywhere PayPal is accepted. Your credit line is linked to your PayPal account. You can set it as your default payment method, just like you would a debit or credit card.
Note: Debit Cards are allowed but not required
If you’re just planning to use your debit card as your “funding method” at PayPal, you might be adding unnecessary steps. PayPal wants to link to your bank account anyway—and that’s the same account that your debit card pulls from. As a result, you don’t need to add your debit card. In fact, some PayPal transactions are cheaper if you use your bank account for funding (as opposed to using your debit card).
- ABOC Platinum Rewards MasterCard Review
- Electronic Banking Types ,Services, and Advantages
- North Dakota EBT Card Balance: Steps to Check your Balance
- Vermont EBT Card Balance 2022 update: Steps to Check Vermont EBT Card Balance
What to do with PayPal without a Credit card
Request and receive money from others
One of the easiest and only ways to get a balance accumulating in lieu of having a card on file is requesting and receiving money from other PayPal users, though this will require a linked bank account.
Send money to others
Similarly, you can send any amount not exceeding your PayPal balance to others as well.
Create an invoice
Anyone who has ever had to create an invoice from scratch knows what a monumental pain it is to do. This is one service PayPal can take care of for you, regardless of whether or not you’ve given them your card information.
Donate your PayPal balance to charity
But perhaps you wanted to use the Money Pool feature to raise funds for your favorite charity. Fortunately, you won’t need a card on file to transfer that balance to the PayPal Giving Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity.
PayPal will then deliver 100% of your donation to a charity of your choice although the platform notes that in rare cases the donation will go to a similar charity instead.
Have your PayPal balance sent to you as a check (with a $1.50 fee)
If you’re hesitant to keep any card or bank information online but have a PayPal balance you want to spend somewhere other than the platform, you can have the balance mailed to you as a check, although a $1.50 fee will apply.
Create a Money Pool
You only need a PayPal Personal account to partake in the Money Pool feature. You can even transfer the money you receive to yourself personally with a check more on that later.
How to Get a PayPal Account without a Credit Card
Create Your Account
- Go to the PayPal sign-up page and click “Get Started” in the PayPal for Business and Nonprofits box.
- Read about the differences between the three business accounts PayPal offers. The Standard plan is free and allows you to accept PayPal and credit card payments on your website. Click “Get Started” or “Apply Now.”
- Click the “Create a New Account” button twice to go to the sign-up form.
- Select your business types, such as individual or partnership.
- Enter your email address and password. PayPal accepts passwords between eight and 20 characters long.
- Select two security questions and answers. PayPal uses these questions to help you access your account if you forget your password.
- Type the code shown in the image in the “Enter the Code” field. Click “Continue.”
- Enter the name you want to appear on customer payment pages. This could be your name or your business’s name.
- Enter the date you established your business. If your business has a website, enter the URL in the Website URL field.
- Select your business’s category or type of items sold. Answer the questions about your average transaction amount and monthly payment volume.
- Enter your name, phone number, and physical address. Click “Agree and Continue” to create your account.
- Go to your email inbox and look for an email from PayPal. Click the link in the email to return to the PayPal website and confirm your account.
Link Your Bank Account
- Go to the PayPal website and enter your email address and password, then click “Log In.”
- Point to “Profile” at the top of the page, then click “Update Bank Account.”
- Select your account types, such as checking or savings. Enter your account number and nine-digit routing number in the appropriate fields. Account numbers are usually up to 17 digits long. Look for the routing number on the left side of a check from your bank. Find the account number printed on the right side of the check.
- Click “Continue” to link the account to your PayPal account.
- If you later decide to add a credit card to your PayPal account, point to “Profile” and click “Update Card.”
- You cannot use your PayPal account to make purchases until you add a bank account or credit card information. You can still accept payments without linking your bank account.
You can make payments and receive money on PayPal without a credit or debit card. However, you will need to create a PayPal account and link your bank account to it. Then, you can transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account and use the balance from there.
If you enjoyed this article and found it helpful, do well to share it with friends and loved ones, and also, you can share your opinions in the comment section.