– Essential Oils for Gallbladder –
Problems with the gallbladder are often related to the digestive system. Its proper functioning is critical for the better and faster digestion of fats. Healthy digestion translates into well-being and comfort. The only way to do these things is by the use of gallbladder essential oils.
When a fatty diet is improperly prepared and regularly consumed, gallstones are common. They can block the bile flow and prevent the passage of pancreatic enzymes. The stones can also have rough edges, which make them very difficult to pass.
Essential oils for the gallbladder can help cleanse your gallbladder when it becomes sluggish and overworked.
Essential Oils for Gallbladder
1. Rosemary ct. Verbenone Essential Oil
Rosmarinus officinalis verbenoniferum is a bit less popular than classic Rosemary oil. But its content in Verbenone makes it very appreciated in many digestive blends. Yet, its most impressive feature is still the control it gives over your cholesterol.
- Rosemary ct. Verbenone is great at draining toxins from the liver and gallbladder. The oil is also useful in gallbladder congestion as it can help clear away blockages.
- The oil has impressive effects on dissolving cholesterol (fat). This is important in the prevention and soothing of gallbladder attacks because of gallstones.
- Less cholesterol lowers blood pressure and prevents cardiac problems too.
- It can be neurotoxic so use with caution and in small dosages. Avoid direct inhalation as it can irritate and burn the mucous membrane.
- The oil should be avoided if one suffers from hormone-dependent cancer forms.
- People with asthma should also avoid this oil or seek medical approval first.
2. Melissa Essential Oil
The scent of Melissa officinalis makes this oil very pleasant to use in diffusion. Besides its scent, Melissa oil is great at relieving stress and anxiety. But we’re interested more in its effects on the digestive system and the gallbladder. And they are not to be ignored!
- The oil also has choleretic properties, which means it can boost bile production in the liver.
- Melissa can be used to maintain the well-functioning of the stomach and relieve gas.
- It can also protect from intestinal parasites that cause digestive problems.
- Using Melissa essential oil for the gallbladder can also lower blood pressure.
- You should never inhale the oil directly from the bottle. It is highly irritant and it can also burn the sensitive nasal mucus membrane.
- Melissa essential oil should not be used if you suffer from hypothyroidism. It should not be used if under treatment that contains thyroid hormones either.
- The oil should be used by asthmatic people only with medical approval.
3. Lemon Essential Oil
But the thing that puts Lemon among the best essential oils for gallbladder is its lipolytic effect among others.
- Lemon essential oil is especially good at soothing gallbladder attacks.
- Because it’s high in limonene, Lemon oil can also protect from cancer.
- The oil also improves blood circulation and has strong calming effects.
- Lemon essence boosts bile production and its proper release into the small intestine.
- Lemon oil extracted by cold pressing is phototoxic. This means you can’t go out in the sun for at least 48 hours after applying the oil to your skin. It can cause burns and irritation. The oil extracted by steam distillation is not phototoxic, but it is usually harder to find.
- If you already have gallstones, avoid the use of Lemon essential oil until talking to a doctor.
For more about essential oils for Mononucleosis, we recommend reading our article where we discuss Essential Oils for Mononucleosis: Recognize Mono Symptoms.
How to Use Essential Oils for Gallbladder
Essential oils should not be used in the long term, regardless of the type they are. Luckily, you have plenty of oils to choose from, so you can rotate them.
If you make a blend, make it in a small quantity to use for 2 – 3 weeks. Change the ingredients for the next blend to ensure their efficiency.
As I said earlier, essential oils should not be applied topically without being diluted. Carriers or vegetable oils are the best means of dilution. In this case, one of the best ways to enjoy the benefits of essential oils is by topical application.
You can mix up to 30 drops of EO per Oz carrier oil for the most concentrated blends. But generally speaking, you should begin with a lower concentration.
Apply a moderate amount of a blend to the upper-right area of your chest, where the gallbladder and liver are.
Essential Oil Blend Recipes for a Top Shape Gallbladder
Now you know how to use these aromatic essences. You can make your own blends by choosing which oils you like or have at hand. Or you can take your inspiration from the following recipes and use them daily for three weeks.
Massage Blend Recipe for Soothe and Prevent Gallbladder Problems
- Carrier oil: 2 teaspoons
- Rosemary ct. Verbenone essential oil: 4 drops
- Melissa essential oil: 4 drops
Shake this blend well before each use to activate the oil molecules. Apply as recommended above, with massage movements, each evening before bed.
Gallbladder Concentrated Serum
- Lemon essential oil: 10 drops
- Melissa essential oil: 8 drops
- Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil: 7 drops
- Hemp oil or Olive oil: 1 Oz (30 ml)
All these oils combined can soothe pain and dissolve or prevent gallstones. Apply a moderate amount to the affected area. Massage the blend 2 times a day. Use up to 8 times a day in case of a gallbladder attack.
This serum deals with gallstones and liver or kidney problems. It can cleanse the gallbladder with its lithophytic effect.
Over the past decade, aromatherapy has gained tremendous prominence. there is also ample evidence to show the efficacy of the essential oils. Their fragrant molecules will affect both the body and the mind.
It’s no wonder that many people try this alternative therapy first before spending fortunes on pills or surgery.
If this article is useful then so will your friends, why not share it on your social media platforms.