52 Creepy Messages That will Make it Hard for You to Sleep
Everyone has a favorite scary phrase from a movie, book, game, or comic book that they like to repeat on occasion, but some of the creepy messages I’ve heard have come from casual discussions turned dark.
Everyone appears to have a dark side, which is why when we hear a particularly unsettling remark, we sit up and pay notice… because somewhere inside… it connects with us. This is why I’m captivated by horror—perhaps you are as well.
What are Some Creepy Messages?
- “Even if she is not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer–both in waking, from her nerves and in sleep, from her dreams.” ― Bram Stoker, Dracula
- “I do not love men: I love what devours them.” ― André Gide, Prometheus Illbound
- “I think perhaps all of us go a little crazy at times.” – Robert Bloch, Psycho
- Which is the true nightmare, the horrific dream that you have in your sleep, or the dissatisfied reality that awaits you when you awake? – Justin Alcala
- “Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we’re opened, we’re red.” — Clive Barker, “Books of Blood”
- “Where there is no imagination, there is no horror.” — Arthur Conan Doyle
- “Would you like to see a magic trick?” — The Grabber, “The Black Phone”
- “Horror is like a serpent; always shedding its skin, always changing. And it will always come back.” — Dario Argento
- “There is something at work in my soul which I do not understand.” — Mary Shelley, “Frankenstein”
- “I’m scared to close my eyes, I’m scared to open them. We’re gonna die out here.” — Heather Donahue, “The Blair Witch Project”
- “Is there someone inside you?” — Psychiatrist, “The Exorcist”
- “I know of witches who whistle at different pitches, calling things that don’t have names.” — Helen Oyeyemi, “White is for Witching”
- “This is all it takes for people to plunge into insanity: one night alone with themselves and what they fear the most.” — Thomas Olde Heuvelt, “Hex”
Creepy Messages for Insomnia
- “My mind decides to run when normal people sleep.” — Unknown
- “Life is something that happens when you can’t get to sleep.” — Fran Lebowitz
- “A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.” — Charlotte Bronte
- “The worst thing in the world is to try to sleep and not to.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Your dreams may seem impossible to someone with insomnia.” — Junnita Jackson
- “Staring at the blue sky causes insomnia to occur in the human.” — Steven Magee
- “I’m an insomniac, my mind works the night shift.” — Pete Wentz
- “Insomnia is my greatest inspiration.” — Jon Stewart
- “My eyelids are heavy, but my thoughts are heavier.” — Unknown
- “You are the biggest enemy of your own sleep.” — Pawan Mishra
- “Dear Mind, please stop thinking so much at night, I need sleep.” — Unknown
- “Sleeplessness is a desert without vegetation or inhabitants.” — Jessalyn West
- “I want to sleep but my brain won’t stop talking to itself.” — Unknown
- “I prefer insomnia to anesthesia.” — Antonio Tabucchi
- “Insomnia is a gross feeder. It will nourish itself on any kind of thinking, including thinking about not thinking.” — Clifton Fadiman
- “Only the insomniac looks on with open eyes, like a cadaver who forgot to die.” — Gyula Krúdy
Creepy Messages that are Scary, Disturbing, and Gruesome
- Bloodshed is the only choice left for me now. Bad news for you.
- A sharp knife is necessary to slice through flesh. Otherwise, you’ll shake the whole table.
- “In the middle of nowhere, along a quiet stretch of road, the diner dreamt of the hungry dead. And of two men.” —A. Lee Martinez, Gil’s All Fright Diner
- Feel free to scream whenever you want.
- The right music makes everything better. It can make the gruesome seem poetic. During my torture sessions, I like to play a lot of Katy Perry.
- A needle inserted. Razors slicing through flesh. Ecstasy.
- The first time you do something horrible is the hardest. You’ll find the second time you do it won’t be so hard. The third time? Gravy.
- People come here for pain! For suffering! And I am the one that gives it to them!
- Rule #1: Never open portals to Hell. You broke it; now deal with the consequences.
- Is it weird that I like the sound of screaming?
- Metal scraping against bone sets my teeth on edge.
- “I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.” — Gomez, “The Addams Family”
- “It is only when a man feels himself face to face with such horrors that he can understand their true import.” — Bram Stoker, “Dracula”
- “One, two, Freddy’s coming for you. Three, four, better lock your door.” — Children, “A Nightmare on Elm Street”
- “But the most frightening thing of all was the wind howling among the trees. Ichabod was sure that it was the sound of the Headless Horseman out looking for his head.” — Washington Irving, “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- Catholic Movie Reviews Christian Movies of all Time
- Happy Independence Day Top Wishes, Messages
- Best Time to Go to the Bahamas and Worst Seasons
Scary Quotes and Creepy Messages
- Fishhooks make for great playthings.
- I’ve figured out how to make this organic machine last forever.
- Even toilet paper can be used to kill if you know my secret.
- Elongation of limbs can be a problem without the proper equipment.
- I have been sent here to fulfill the secret wishes you’d never utter out loud.
- One can’t be too picky about meat when meat is hard to find.
- The best perk of being rich? Being able to do unthinkable things. Things that would make other people cringe.
- Give me a roll of plastic, some duct tape, and a few needles, and I’m set to go.
- I had a dream last night that my eyeball fell out! Tell me what that one’s about!
- This whole bag of concrete has to go down your throat.
- I’ve always wanted to find out what makes kitty cats tick.
- That sound you hear at night. That scratching sound. That’s the rats trying to gain entry into your home.
- My fantasies are much darker than you think, my dear.
- The sound of a shovel digging into the earth makes me shiver with anticipation.
- “All the ancient classic fairy tales have always been scary and dark.” —Helena Bonham Carter
- “We’re grilling a kind of meat I bet you’ve never tried before!” —An excited waiter
Greatest Creepy Messages from Movies
- “I’ve killed no one. I’ve ordered no one to be killed. These children who come to you with their knives; they’re your children. I didn’t teach them, you did.” —Charles Manson
- Baby opossums make for excellent appetizers (as they are hairless).
- I promise to kill you quickly when the time comes.
- “The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous, and menacing.” —Aleister Crowley
- It’s time to round up all the smart people and open them up; time to find out what makes them tick!
- “Fork: An instrument used chiefly for the purpose of putting dead animals into the mouth.” —Ambrose Bierce
- I have always had a strong urge to dig my fingers into a person’s eye sockets.
- The only thing I can tell you about revenge is that it fulfills a need. What that need is, I can’t say, but every time I exact it on the deserving, I feel good, if only for a moment.
- I always spout out horror movie quotes during my torture sessions. It makes me and the victim more at ease.
- Person A: Did you know that there are five dead kids buried in your backyard? Person B: As a matter of fact, I did.
- Nothing will give you more of a thrill than tracking a human animal.
The pleasure of obtaining a good scare is part of the excitement of Halloween. To acquire their frightening thrills, some people may watch a scary movie, put up spooky decorations, or even visit a haunted house.
However, the scariest things that will truly stay with you are generally in the form of words.
You know what we mean; it’s that sensation you get when you recall the last words spoken by the villain in your favorite Halloween film or a deeply frightening phrase plucked from the pages of a creepy novel that you just can’t seem to escape.
Our selection of the finest creepy messages is the most terrifying thing out there, and it will keep you awake at night.