– Free Make Up Samples –
If you love makeup, you know that the cost of cosmetics can add up fast. Fortunately, many stores and brands offer free makeup samples to their customers.
This is a great way to try out a new product without having to commit to the price tag.
What You’ll Need
The easiest and best way to receive free samples is to write to the company directly. There is no need to fill out dodgy surveys or questionnaires, which usually amount to nothing and should be avoided. Here is a step-by-step overview of what to do:
- Make a list of the companies you’re interested in.
- Find their addresses (email or postal) on the company website.
- Write out your email/letter (we’ll discuss this below).
- Send it and wait for the mail to come!
Websites to Get Free Make Up Samples From
There are a number of websites from which you can get hold of free make-up samples and, below, we list 15 of the best.
World-famous cosmetic brand, Sephora, knows a thing or two about make-up–and is happy to supply free samples of many of its fabulous products.
Following a simple and quick registration process on the site, members can choose up to three free samples every time they order online. Visit the Sephora site here.
Samples include the r X Power Play Foundation, Prada Sugar Pop, several facial cleansing products, and free perfume samples.
2. L’Oreal USA
Cosmetic giant, L’Oreal USA, offers make-up lovers the opportunity to join its Consumer Participation Panel. After registering online to become a panelist, members will then be invited to on-site events where they will test – and keep – fabulous make-up products.
Those who are unable to attend in person have the option to receive samples by mail.
Although members don’t generally get to choose the products that they test, this is great for trying new hair and make-up products before anybody else–and free!
Visit the L’Oreal USA site here
Relative newcomer, Smashbox, is for many people, the go-to for vibrant and fresh cosmetic products. The site offers a huge number of samples either free or for a minimal $1 with any purchase.
Samples available range from sachets of moisturizer to full-sized eyeshadow duos and make-up bags. Visit the Smashbox site here.
4. Product Testing the USA
Product Testing USA invites members of the public to sign up to become reviewers – and to keep anything that they review. Although not exclusively a make-up site, Product Testing USA often has cosmetic items to review.
All you need to do is register online, add a few details about your likes and dislikes and, new products to be reviewed will soon be winging their way to you. kindly visit their official site here
The popular online magazine, Redbook, invites readers to join Club Red in order to receive free samples for review as well as the chance to attend exclusive events and win prizes.
Kindly visit their official site here.
Once you log onto the site, you will be directed to a short questionnaire on your interests and lifestyle. After filling in the form, simply click on the button which says ‘Get me free stuff’ and add your email address and, offers will be sent to you daily.
Sytlecraze is a destination site that covers beauty, health, and wellness for women. It offers chances for users to win makeup samples and beauty boxes. All you have to do is to grab the offer and review the product on the site.
First, sign up at Stylecraze Reviews and fill out your profile with a picture. You can earn extra bonus points by adding your own profile pages. Kindly visit their official site here.
What to Write in a Letter
The most important part of this process is to write an excellent letter. You want to make the company think, “Wow, this is a really loyal customer!” or “We could get some amazing publicity from this blogger!” It sounds difficult, but here are some ideas to get you started writing a professional and convincing letter or email.
Note: I believe in giving compliments to the company. Only after that do I ask for free samples. This method works a lot better than the complaint route (unless you have a legit complaint and proof of purchase).
- Dear Sir/Madam,: A polite and formal greeting works best.
- Introduction: Say that you are writing to tell them what a great range of products they have. Give many compliments about their company, from how their products always work wonders on your skin to how their products deliver each time. If their cleanser or eye shadow is your favorite, now is your chance to tell them what you think. They really value our (the consumers) opinions.
- Personal Experience: Include an experience that you had with their cosmetics. It could be how glossy your hair is after using their shampoo or how their skin cream cleared up the dry skin on your hand. This adds more credibility and personality to the letter.
- Ask for Samples: Do not ask This does not work. Mention that your hairdresser recommended their shampoo range or that you want to “try before you buy” and see which one works best on you.
- Skin or Hair Type: Some companies will need to know your skin type/condition so they know which samples to send. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to mention this.
- Your Address: Don’t forget this!
- Gratitude: Say thank you for taking the time to read your letter and that you would be so grateful if they send you samples. Say that you are looking forward to their response.
- Sign off: “Yours faithfully,” “Kind Regards,” or “Best Wishes.
When you know where to look, there are a surprising number of places where budget-savvy fashionistas can bag bargains and freebies with just a couple of clicks of a mouse.
As well as the sites listed in our guide, a simple Google search for ‘free makeup’ will bring up enough sites to keep your make-up bag bursting at the seams for a long time!
Kindly drop a comment in the comment section below to share your thoughts. Repost on your social media..ploku