– Walmart Laptop Return Policy –
Walmart Laptop Return Policy: Have you ever tried to return an item purchased from Walmart.com or in-store? The mega-retailer has made returns easier than ever.
Walmart is known for selling many diverse items that range from food to office supplies to automobile accessories. Per Walmart’s general return policy, you can return almost any item within 90 days of purchase.
Electronics, including laptops and tablets, are an exception to this rule. You must return these items within 30 days, with a receipt and the original packaging.
Walmart Return Policy
According to Walmart’s return policy, they will exchange, refund, or repair your purchased item as long as it meets the following guidelines. Walmart will accept returns within 90 days after purchase.
This applies to all products, with a few exceptions, such as:
- Electronics including but not limited to computers, camcorders, digital music players, and GPS units must be returned within 15 days with receipt
- Airbeds that are not defective must be returned within 15 days and, if used will only be exchanged for an airbed of equal or greater value
- Tools of outside use, such as lawnmowers or power washers, must be returned within 30 days with a receipt
- CDs, DVDs, and video game cartridges follow the 90-day return policy but must be defective or returned unopened for a refund or exchange
- Perennials, trees, and shrubs may be returned within 1 year of purchase with a receipt
What Is Walmart’s Laptop and Tablet Return Policy?
Walmart accepts returns of laptops and tablets within 30 days of the date of purchase (bought in-store) or delivery (bought online). There is no restocking fee for these items.
When you return a laptop or tablet, you must bring it to the Walmart customer service desk with the receipt, the original manufacturer’s packaging, manuals, and any included accessories. While you can return many Walmart items without a receipt, you need the receipt to return electronics.
If you purchased a laptop or tablet on Walmart.com and are returning it to a Walmart store, you should also bring the packing slip. If you don’t have the original packing slip, you can sign in to your Walmart.com account.
Returns Without Original Packaging
If you no longer have the packaging materials and/or accessories, Walmart is not required to accept your return, even if it is undamaged and receipted (as previously reported).
However, store managers can choose to accept or reject individual returns, so it is best to call your local Walmart to ask about returning a laptop or tablet without the packaging or accessories.
If you bought the laptop or tablet online and no longer have the packaging, you can direct your questions to Walmart’s virtual help desk.
Returns During the Holiday Season
Walmart extends its standard computer and tablet return policy during the holiday shopping season, according to the Walmart customer service representatives we spoke with.
This policy typically applies to purchases made from November 1 through December 24. For laptops and tablets, the 30-day return policy resumes for purchases made on or after December 26.
- Walmart MoneyCard: Walmart MoneyCard as a Checking Account
- Pregnancy Congratulations Card Messages: 65 Best Collections
- Electronic Banking Types, Services, and Advantages
- FedLoan Servicing Review Latest Comprehensive 2022 Update
- Mariner Finance Personal Loan 2022 Latest Update
Walmart Laptop & Tablet Return Policy vs. Best Buy
Best’s laptop and tablet return policy only allows you to make returns within 15 days. Best Elite and Best Buy Elite Plus members have 30 and 45 days, respectively.
Tablets that require cellular activation must be returned within 14 days regardless of membership status. Make sure to bring along the item’s original packaging, the receipt, the original method of payment, and a government-issued ID.
There is no restocking fee on laptops; tablets that have been activated may, however, be subject to a restocking fee. If you lost your receipt but paid by credit or debit card, customer service representatives may be able to look up your purchase and provide you with a copy of the receipt.
Laptops and tablets are included in Walmart’s electronics return policy. This limit returns to 30 days following an in-store purchase or online delivery.
The only exception is during the holiday season, when Walmart extends its return policy on laptops and tablets purchased between November 1 and December 24.
To return a laptop or tablet to Walmart, you will need the receipt, all accessories, and the original packaging.