Are you considering using TranscribeMe to start a side hustle in the transcription industry? Do you often ask the question; is TranscribeMe Legit? Below is everything you need to know about the site and how to make money from it. Keep Reading.
If you’re considering joining TranscribeMe, you might be wondering if it’s worth your time and how can you make maximum profit from the site.
Today is your lucky day because we are going to be answering that question and also the question, is Transcribeme Legit?
What is TranscribeMe?
You’ll be listening to speakers of all stripes, from those with heavy accents and those who matter to those who enunciate clearly.
TranscribeMe Job Requirements
TranscribeMe is perfect for the entry-level transcriber!
The requirements are extremely basic for the industry:
- You must have a high school diploma.
- You must be fluent in English.
- You should also have an impeccable grasp of English grammar and punctuation rules.
- It helps to have a good ear as well: You’ll do great if you can easily distinguish between speakers and filter out background noise while listening.
- As far as technical requirements go, you must have a home computer with reliable, high-speed internet access.
- The site does recommend that you have headphones for listening to the audio. Headphones make transcribing much easier by improving your listening environment.
- Experienced transcriptionists have commented that a foot pedal is a great tool as well. It allows you to control the playback of the audio file with your foot, so you never have to take your fingers off the keyboard.
How do I Join?
They’ll then ask you to confirm your email and doing that will take you back to the website.
What’s left from then on is a series of exams to prove your skills and knowledge in transcription.
When you pass these exams you can now start picking jobs when available and making money.
Please note most transcription jobs are in English, so proficiency in the language will be a big advantage on TranscribeMe.
What is the Application Process?
Once you register online, you will have to take a training course and an exam.
After you pass the exam, TranscribeMe will give you paid work. The test is quite challenging, and you have to do it in one go.
Don’t worry if you fail the exam; you will have three more attempts to retest.
Be sure to go through their style guide before taking the test; it can be beneficial.
The whole application process is relatively simple, and they accept applicants worldwide.
What Jobs does TranscribeMe offer?
You can apply for general transcribing roles, and once you gain experience, you can become a QA, doing proofreading and editing responsibilities.
With the transcriber role, once you are selected, you can access the “work hub” and choose your projects.
You have the flexibility to choose when and how much work you want to do.
- How to Transfer Money From Paypal to Skrill.
- Kabbage vs OnDeck Small Business Loans| Best Online Lenders
- MileUp App Review 2021 Update: Legit or Scam?
- Oportun Personal Loans: How it Works and How to Access it
- 7 Ways to Become an Amazon Product Tester & Get Free Stuff
How Much Money Can I Make with TranscribeMe?
TranscribeMe claims they pay $20 per audio hour, meaning as a crowd transcriber, you make around 33 cents per minute audio.
They also say the top monthly earner takes home a little over $2,000 every month, with the average monthly earnings topping $250.
The pay can be a little higher for transcriptionists with a special background in legal and Medical.
What we Like
Many countries are supported by Paypal and it’s a proven way to get your money quickly and easily. In most cases, this is better than waiting around for a check.
You can work from anywhere in the world with this company, but just make sure your country supports PayPal before you apply.
Is TranscribeMe Legit or A Scam?
Is TranscribeMe Legit? most definitely. TranscribeMe is not a scam, there are quite a couple of positives about the company. People say it’s a good gig for extra income, but nothing close to a full-time job.
We hope this article was useful and educative, do well to share these messages with friends and loved ones. If you have a question, kindly drop your comments below.