– What is Lenovo Vantage? –
What is Lenovo Vantage? If you just clicked on this article, then the possibilities are that you got a Lenovo PC and perhaps have experienced a pop-up of an app called Lenovo Vantage. Lenovo Vantage is a new application that makes it simple to update your drivers, run device diagnostics, request support, and discover apps. Let get deeper into what exactly this app is.
Moreover, if you seem to be uncomfortable about this app, read to the end to see super easy ways which you can uninstall this app from your device
What is the Lenovo Vantage?
If this is your first time buying a Lenovo laptop, no one can fault you for not knowing what Lenovo Vantage is.
Well, the Lenovo Vantage is a special application that runs on Lenovo devices. That is to say that you can only find or use this app on a Lenovo device.
Another thing you need to know is that the Lenovo Vintage app only runs on Windows 10. So, if you’re using Windows 7, or 8, you need to upgrade to Windows 10 to start using Vintage, if you desire to.
The Lenovo Vantage was designed to make using Lenovo devices a breeze for users. It lets you access all the stunning features the brand’s devices have to offer.
- 10 Best Websites to Legally Download Software for Free
- 7 Ways to Get Free Candles Samples by Mail and Online
- 100 Unique & Awesome Software Company Name Ideas
- The 7 Best Windows File Explorer
The Major Uses of Lenovo Vantage
Vantage comes pre-installed in Lenovo Laptops, so you may not have to crack your head to install one. However, most people may consider it as extra luggage and decide against keeping the app.
But before you take down your Vantage app, it would help to learn about the benefits and reasons to keep the app installed on your Lenovo Laptop.
So, why do you need a Lenovo Vantage installed on your device? First, let’s consider the uses of this app.
With Vantage, you can swiftly manage diverse settings and boost your device’s performance whenever you need to. And you don’t have to break a sweat. In a nutshell, Vantage lets you access the full potential of your Lenovo device.
1. Health & Support
This is the place to go if you’ve got a problem with your laptop. The Hardware Scan feature is like an MOT for laptops, checking all the key components are working as Lenovo intended. If you’ve got a faltering hard disk, dodgy memory stick, or wobbly power supply, this will probably identify it.
This section also reveals the extent of your warranty and provides links to book an engineer visit or other warranty support care.
2. Hardware Settings
This includes a bunch of handy tweaks that you might not find in the regular Windows 10 Settings menu. From here, for example, you can switch on the clever Intelligent Cooling feature, which throttles performance when it detects the laptop’s being used on your lap, to keep the base cooler.
You’ll also find the option to set a new Battery Charge Threshold. What the Charlie Dickens does that do? Well, if you’re almost always using your laptop plugged into the mains, you’re better off setting the battery to charge to less than 100%.
This will reduce the length of time the laptop can run on battery power, but improve the health of your battery in the long run. Given most laptop batteries can’t be replaced these days, that’s almost certainly worth doing.
3. System Update
In some ways this replicates the Windows Update settings, ensuring you’ve got the latest security patches from Microsoft. But it also houses Lenovo’s own hardware driver updates, letting you know if there’s a new piece of software for your graphics chip, touchpad, or other components.
Critical Features of the App
- Identifies your PC warranty status
- Offers antivirus protection via McAfee LiveSafe
- Access to helpful tips on the latest technologies and news about the Lenovo brand.
- Explore groundbreaking deals on Lenovo products and services
- Discover other fun and meaningful apps
- Access your computer’s user guide, including access to support when necessary.
- Gives you an opportunity to use Lenovo migration assistant, a free app that makes moving settings and files from one computer to another seamless.
- View and provide information on useful accessories that are compatible with your device.
- Access to Dashlane Password Manager for password protection.
Furthermore, Vantage will offer you access to a host of security tools to keep your device safe and sound. These include a built-in two-factor authentication system and a safer online browser.
Do You Have To Pay To Use Lenovo Vantage?
Since its inception, access to Lenovo Vantage has been free. You don’t need to pay to download or use the app. The app also runs seamlessly on workstations, desktops, and notebooks.
To download Lenovo Vantage on your device, visit the Microsoft Store in the device’s Start Menu. Enter “Lenovo Vantage” on the Microsoft Store’s search bar to locate the app, download, and install it. The process is super easy and quick.
Installation and use of this app are easy. If you’re using Windows 10, follow the steps below.
- Head to the Start Menu to locate Microsoft Store.
- On the Microsoft Store’s search bar, enter “Lenovo Vantage.”
- The Lenovo Vantage icon would pop up, and click to go straight to the app page.
- Click the icon “Get and Launch” and download the app on your device. When you click launch, the app will load and open.
At this stage, the app has been installed in your computer system and is ready for use. Go to your device’s start menu to access and start using the app.
Is Uninstalling the App A Wise Decision?
If you have a compelling reason to uninstall Vantage and have a replacement app that can do the job the app does, then you can proceed with your plan.
But considering Lenovo Vantage’s usefulness and features, uninstalling the app isn’t going to be the best choice for your device. Besides, the app is only 13.62 MB. It won’t even occupy that much space in your device.
Here’s how you can uninstall the app.
- Open your device’s Windows search menu
- Enter “Control Panel” and click to open it.
- Click “Programs” and next click “Uninstall a program,” and a list of all the programs in your device would pop up.
- Locate Lenovo Vantage to proceed
- Right-click to display the Uninstall button and start uninstalling the app.
Perhaps at some point, you get to wonder if you get to pay to use Lenovo Vantage. Since its inception, access to Lenovo Vantage has been free. You don’t need to pay to download or use the app. The app also runs seamlessly on workstations, desktops, and notebooks.
Lenovo Vantage is made available to provide users with efficient work with the device. This app is designed to help you access all that you might need. Installing it is super easy. Follow the steps above, get rid of it as well is easy to follow the steps above too.
I hope you find this article educating and informative enough, do well to share and subscribe for more blog posts from our website.