– Walmart Cell Phone Return Policy –
In this article, we’ll be handling Walmart Return Policy on a cell phone. We as a whole realize that Prepaid phones can be returned to any Walmart location within 14 days of purchase.
Walmart is the largest retailer in the world, thanks in part to its dedication to low prices. Walmart will accept the return of a contract cell phone within 14 days of purchase at the store location where you originally bought it.
Even more, the receipt, original packaging, and the accessories that came with the phone must accompany all cell phone returns.
Guidelines to Walmart Return Policy
Walmart issues these guidelines for their return policy, this covers all goods and appliances that they sell in the store. Based on the return policy of Walmart, the company will exchange, repair, or refund back your purchased items as long as it follows these guidelines.
Walmart is willing to accept the returned item for 90 days after purchasing the item. It applies to all products, except the following:
- Electronic products but is not limited to computers, GPS units, camcorders, and the likes should be returned in 15 days period with the original receipt.
- Airbeds that are unused and not defective should be returned in 15 days period as well. If the airbed has been used, it will only be replaced for an airbed of equal or better value.
- Outside tools like lawnmowers and power washers are accepted within 30 days for return if with an original receipt.
- Game cartridges, CDs and DVDs are following the 90-day policy on return, but it should be defective or remained unused and sealed to get a refund or exchange.
- Trees and shrubs may be accepted for a replacement within a year of purchased and must be presented with the original receipt.
A receipt is not a necessity when you apply for a refund or exchange in Walmart unless only in the conditions stated above. You can exchange or replace any item in Walmart.
However, if your purchase is below $25, you can choose the refund in cash. If the amount surpasses $25, you have the chance to select the store shopping cart for the price that you purchased.
Walmart Phone Return Policy
Walmart’s mobile phone return policy varies depending on the type of phone you purchased. You can return a contract phone within 14 days of purchase to the store where you originally bought it.
However, prepaid phones are returnable within 14 days at any store. Contract and prepaid phones purchased online can be returned by mail or to a store location.
We confirmed this information with Walmart’s corporate customer service department and several store associates.
Returning Your Phone To Walmart
First when returning your phone to Walmart, you’ll need your original receipt to return any type of phone. Walmart accepts returns for some items without a receipt, but contract and prepaid phone returns require a receipt.
You can, however, return a phone even if the box is open. Just be sure to bring the original packaging and any accessories included with the phone to the store when you make a return.
Phones should be returned in the same condition they were sold. Walmart will process returns for items that arrive damaged or defective but do not accept returns on items damaged by the customer after purchase.
However, the only exception is for customers who purchased a Walmart Protection Plan; the mobile phone plan covers cracked screens and liquid damage.
Keep in mind, contract phones may be subject to further requirements depending on the carrier and the contract. For prepaid phone purchases, all minutes, phone cards, and PINs are final sales and not eligible for returns or refunds.
Mobile phone returns at Walmart are eligible for exchange or a refund to the original method of payment. If you purchased the phone with a debit or credit card, bring the card with you when making a return.
If you don’t have the card you used to make the purchase, your refund will be as a Walmart gift card.
- Does Walmart Accept SNAP EBT? What Can I buy at Walmart With EBT?
- Mariner Finance Personal Loan 2022 Latest Update
- Kansas EBT Card Balance: Steps to know Your Kansas EBT Balance
- Arkansas EBT Card Balance: Easy Steps to Check your Balance at Home
What Can’t You Return to Walmart?
Although Walmart has a generous return policy, some items are not eligible for return. Here’s a look at what you can’t bring back to Walmart:
- Video-on-demand purchases
- Electronically fulfilled PINs or minutes for prepaid cellular devices
- Video game download cards
- eDelivery software
- Personal intimate massagers
- Firearms, ammunition, pepper spray, air guns, and BB guns
- Perishable food, unless damaged or defective
- Funeral products, unless damaged or defective
- Gift cards: Walmart plastic gift cards and Walmart e-gift cards are not returnable or refundable for cash except where required by law, including in certain states and Puerto Rico
- Gas-powered items such as mini bikes, go-karts, dirt bikes, utility terrain vehicles, and all-terrain vehicles
- Prescription drugs and products containing pseudoephedrine and pseudotropine
- Diabetic supplies
- Used tires
- Snow tires
The policy for Walmart returns without a receipt is a bit restrictive, but the store will generally accept such returns.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. Please share it with anyone who you think will appreciate the information!