Vroom Review 2022: Is it Worth Using the Service?
Vroom specializes in the sales of used cars, with from 3,000 to 4,000 vehicles available at any time on their site. You can buy one of their vehicles online and deliver it directly to your home.
Vroom Customer service provider is available to answer any questions you may have.
You can use the Vroom search engine to filter by make, model, mileage, year, and body type. From there, customers can view pictures, specifications, and vehicle history reports for the vehicle of their choosing.
You can place a hold on any vehicle for 24 hours.
- No-accident vehicles
- Rigorous inspections
- Set prices
- Weak return policy
How Does Vroom Work
Vroom is an online car-buying site that allows you to buy used and like-new cars. You can manage the purchase almost exclusively online rather than visiting a store, talking to a pushy salesman, and haggling about costs and features.
Instead of visiting a dealership, talking to a pushy salesman, and haggling over cost and features, you can handle the transaction almost entirely online.
The process is simple. You visit the Vroom website, choose a car, pay a $500 deposit and then pay in full or wait for financing. After everything is completed, the car will be delivered to you.
Sometimes you can arrange to pick it up yourself if you live nearby. There’s a $599 delivery fee that’s non-refundable.
Vroom Car Buying Process
- Look through Vroom auto reviews of multiple used cars
- You can filter your selection by price, make, model, and other criteria
- Click “Start Purchase” when you find a car you like
- Select your payment option of cash, Vroom financing, or third-party financing
- Provide your contact details
- Choose whether or not you’re trading in a vehicle
- Submit your driver’s license & other requested documents
- You’ll be required to put down a $500 refundable deposit to complete the purchase to hold the car while financing details are worked out
- Sign the contact you receive from the Vroom car dealer within 24-hours of receipt
- Plan for delivery & make the necessary delivery arrangements with Vroom to deliver your car to you
Vroom connects with over a dozen lenders to find the best financing option for you. To qualify for Vroom financing, you need to have an income of $21,600 a year.
A soft credit check is required, but soft credit checks do not lower your credit score and there are no set minimum credit scores. The “Create Your Deal” tool on Vroom’s website can help give you an estimate of Vroom payment costs.
The Vroom maximum loan term is 72 months.
Although Vroom works with people with weak credit, it might not be the best choice for those in financial trouble. The cars tend to be expensive, and a loan with a high APR will be difficult to pay off in the long run.
However, if you have poor credit and decide to buy a car with Vroom, you can always refinance your loan later if your credit score improves.
Vroom’s Delivery Cost?
In evaluating Vroom’s delivery options, we saw the potential shoppers have two delivery choices, each at a different price.
If you found via their service, the Vroom shipping charge for a vehicle there be included in the financing.
You can choose:
- Open-carrier delivery truck – $599
- Enclosed trailer delivery – $999
Vroom cars are typically delivered on an open-carrier delivery truck through their network of licensed and, more importantly, insured transport companies.
Upon request and the price of $999, Vroom will deliver eligible cars inside an enclosed trailer. If that’s the option you’d prefer, you’ll first have to get in touch with your Vroom representative.
Vroom Cars Selling & Trade-In Process
In addition to having a trade-in for a new product, Vroom also is an online auction spot to sell a vehicle. You can skip the inconvenience of having to meet people at your home to sell a car and do the entire process online.
Vroom Car Selling Process
- Fill out their online form with information and photos of your car
- Some of the details they’ll need include the license plate or VIN, trim (LE, SE, SLT, etc.), exact mileage, vehicle condition, and vehicle history
- You’ll receive a guaranteed offer in 30 minutes or less (during their business hours). Vroom is closed on Sundays.
- Their car offers are good for 10 days or 250 additional miles
- Once you accept, Vroom will make pick up arrangements, anywhere in the lover 48 states
- You get paid by direct deposit once they have your car
Vroom Trade-In Process
- Get an offer for your trade-in
- Find your next ride on Vroom
- Apply the value of your trade-in to your purchase or down payment
- Potentially save thousands in sales tax (below you can see the example from Vroom)
- Return Policy: You can return a Vroom car within seven days or 250 miles of driving, whichever comes first. The car will be picked up for free, but the original shipping fee will not be refunded. You may also have to pay a $475 restocking fee for returning it.
- Trade-ins: Vroom does trade-ins. You just have to fill out some basic information, and Vroom will make its offer. You have 10 days or 250 miles to accept it. Selling a car to Vroom is also an option.
- Warranties Vroom vehicles include a 90-day/6,000-mile limited warranty and roadside assistance for one year. Additional options include trip interruption coverage, towing reimbursement, and rental car reimbursement.
- Vroom car qualifications: Every Vroom vehicle has a clean accident history and meets rigorous testing standards to ensure it is fit for sale.
To those looking to spend a little less on low mileage, pre-owned vehicles, Vroom is the option you go for. The fact that each vehicle undergoes several checks to ensure it is of good quality gives peace of mind.
In fact, fixed pricing is a benefit for people who don’t want to spend time haggling over costs.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. Please share it with anyone you think will appreciate the information and kindly drop your comment below.