– Flashlight On and Off on Android and iPhone –
There are several ways of turning your phone’s flashlight on and off. On your Android and iPhone, here’s how to open the flashlight.
Smartphones are the Swiss army knives of the 21st century. Whether we are talking about iPhones or Android phones, they can do nearly anything you would want a digital device to do, from playing music and videos to sending emails and browsing the web.
Conveniently enough, they can also turn into flashlights, helping light your way in the dark.
That said, it may not be obvious how to turn on the flashlight on an iPhone or Android device since the actions or gestures vary from device to device.
How to Turn on the Flashlight in iOS
If you have an iPhone with Face ID (i.e. an iPhone X or later, but not an iPhone 8 or the 2020 iPhone SE), you can turn on the flashlight in iOS by doing:
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of the touchscreen. This opens the iPhone’s Control Center.
- Once in the Control Center and find the flashlight icon. It’s usually in the bottom half of the Control Center, although its exact position may vary from one iPhone to another.
- Tap the flashlight icon.
That’s it. If there is a Home button on your iPhone (i.e. the 2020 iPhone SE and iPhone 8 or earlier), the procedure is virtually identical.
Swipe up from the bottom of the touch screen instead of swiping down from the top corner of the touchscreen. As explained above then follow the first two steps.
To turn off the flashlight with iOS, repeat the above process. Tapping on the flashlight icon when the flashlight is on will turn it off.
Also, you can ask Siri to turn on your flashlight. Simply say, “Hey Siri, turn on the flashlight.”
How to Turn on the Flashlight in Android
Turning on the flashlight on Android devices is also very easy. Assuming you have Android 5.0 or later on your smartphone, here’s what you do:
- Swipe down from the top of the touchscreen. This opens the notification bar.
- Once the notification bar is open, find the flashlight icon and tap it.
It’s as simple as that. As with the iPhone, you can also use Google Assistant to switch on your Android’s flashlight. To wake up Google Assistant, hold down the Home button. Next, say, “Okay, Google, turn on the flashlight.”
If the two quick processes above don’t satisfy you, you can also find a variety of third-party flashlight apps on the Google Play Store.
They don’t really make turning on the flashlight any quicker, but they may offer a range of different functions for the flashlight. Some of the most popular include Tiny Flashlight + LED and Brightest Flashlight Free.
Lastly, if you’re using a OnePlus phone, there’s a special gesture you can use to turn on the flashlight. Here’s how you activate and use it:
- Open Settings.
- Tap Gestures
- Tap Toggle flashlight.
- With Toggle flashlight enabled, you can now use your finger to draw a V on the touchscreen. This turns on the flashlight. Repeat the gesture to turn it off.
- Pop-Up Ads: How to Stop Pop-Up Ads On Android Phone
- The 4 Best Cheap or Low Budget Android Phones in 2022
- How to Watch Amazon Prime Video With Chromecast
- How to Use Earphones as a Microphone On Windows/PC
- How to Screenshot on Snapchat Without Notification
Flashlight on an Android Using Google Assistant
1. Tap and hold the Home button at the bottom center of your phone until the Google Assistant pop-up window appears. If your phone is set up to listen for “OK Google,” you might not even need to do that just say “OK Google.”
2. Say “OK Google, turn on the flashlight.” The flashlight should come on instantly.
3. You can turn the flashlight off in the same way; say “OK Google, turn the flashlight off.”
You now know how to turn your Android phone or iPhone flashlight on and off. It’s an easy task, but knowing where these shortcuts are means you’re not going to be stuck for long in the dark.
While you likely won’t damage your phone by using the flashlight for long periods of time, we recommend not leaving it on any longer than needed.
The bright light will drain your battery, and leaving it on continuously may heat your phone up and cause further battery drain.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. Please share it with anyone you think will appreciate the information and kindly drop your comment below.