– The Horizon Gold Card –
The Horizon Gold Card: This is an unsecured credit card that is targeted at poor credit customers. This is a catalog pass, meaning cardholders can buy products only from the Horizon Outlet website. Applying for the Horizon Gold Card doesn’t require credit or job inspection.
Horizon Gold Credit Card
Horizon Gold is a card that gives people with low credit the chance to begin building it. Also, Horizon Gold might be a good option for you if you’ve been denied a credit card due to a bad credit score or no credit history. The Horizon Gold Credit Card is a starter card for individuals looking to tap into an unsecured credit line.
This catalog card comes with an unsecured credit line of $500 which allows you to purchase items from the catalog of the issuer, the Horizon Outlet. The catalog sells clothing for women and men, clothing for girls, toys, and handmade goods.
Horizon Gold Credit Card has some additional benefits in the form of roadside assistance, discounts on prescription drugs, and legal aid. It’s easy to get credit card approval even if you’ve got bad or limited credit — in fact, there’s no job or credit check. The form is easy to fill out and you will obtain online approval as soon as you complete it.
Highlights of the Horizon Gold Card
- Reports to a major credit bureau
- Fast online approval
- Unsecured credit limit
- No credit check
- $500 initial credit line
- 0% APR
- $500 credit limit
- No employment requirements
- Benefits like My Privacy Protection, My Universal RX, My Legal Assistance, and roadside assistance
The Horizon Gold Card Benefits
- No credit check. Apply with poor or no credit. And since Horizon doesn’t pull your credit, it’s not impacted when you apply.
- No APR on purchases. Cardholders enjoy no interest on any purchases made with the card. But there are other fees to compensate for this.
- Horizon services membership plan. Depending on your needs, you might benefit from the Horizon monthly membership, which comes with benefits such as roadside assistance, pharmacy discounts, and legal assistance — for $24.95 monthly.
Ideal for Those Who
- Have poor or no credit history
- Want a payment card for convenience that will not require a credit check or employment check
- Are comfortable with spending close to $30 each month for the use of an online store card
- Are looking for additional benefits that come with a card offer, such as roadside and legal assistance
Horizon Gold Credit Card Card Pros and Cons
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- Considers applicants with fair or poor credit.
- No employment or credit check is needed.
- Horizon Gold Credit Card reports to at least one credit bureau every 30 days, so using the card will help you to build credit.
- There is a 0% APR rate on purchases made with the card.
- The card offers some perks, such as limited roadside assistance (three times annual, for a maximum amount of $50 each time), a 30-minute free legal consultation, and prescription drug discounts.
- Charges an annual fee of $299.4
- It does not offer a signup bonus.
- It does not offer rewards or cashback.
- You don’t earn rewards on every purchase.
- It does not report to credit bureaus.
- It does not include many credit card rewards.
Horizon Gold Rates & Fees
There are some hefty fees to consider when applying for Horizon Gold, including:
The biggest drawback to Horizon Gold is its annual fee. You’ll pay almost $300 per year ($24.95 per month) for the card. That’s comparable to (or higher than) some of the premium cards. Again, this is where secured cards may be better. You’ll have to pay you’re down payment to get a credit line, but there’s typically no annual fee.
You’ll receive a $500 credit limit with this card, which is competitive compared to some secured cards, but definitely not all.
The biggest benefit of this card is that you don’t have an APR or interest to worry about as it’s 0 percent. The minimum monthly payment is 10 percent of the account balance or $25—whichever is greater. If your balance is less than $25, you’ll be required to pay your entire balance.
But, as long as you pay your credit card in full each month, you won’t have to worry about APR with other credit cards.
There is a $5 account validation fee charged when you first create your Horizon Gold account.
Late Payment Fee
Horizon Gold has a $20 late payment fee, which is lower than most credit cards out there (generally $37) but is still high, so make sure you’re paying off your balance on time every month.
Horizon Gold also has a few fees that most credit cards don’t. Since it is more like a store card, your orders need processing and handling. Therefore, you’ll be charged $2.50 for delivery signature verification and $2 for residential delivery.
Horizon Gold Credit Card is the perfect card for dedicated shoppers with bad credit and relying on online purchases. It is easy to approve, and the merchandise offered through Horizon Outlet is priced reasonably.
However, because of its steep monthly membership fee, this catalog card should only be considered if you have not qualified for other comparable cards. And then, for those who want to shop directly at the Horizon Store, that’s just a nice deal.
We hope this article was useful and educative, do well to share these messages with friends and loved ones. If you have a question, kindly drop your comments below.