To have better work experience, then all you need is a loving and caring boss, that’s all that matters. So you need to say thank you when you have one. When you want to tell your boss how much you love them, it can be hard to find out what to write.
To help you, here are some examples of messages and letters that you can use to either write in a greeting card or contact your boss or manager to thank them for directing, inspiring, encouraging, and motivating you.
This article also includes tips on how to write a letter of thanks to them for their inspiration and encouragement.
- Farewell Messages for Boss
- Thank You Messages for Boss
- Farewell Messages to Coworkers
- Congratulations Messages for Achievement
- Pregnancy Congratulations Card Messages
80 Thank You Messages for Your Boss
1. I would like to thank you for all that you have done for me. I’m grateful to you for giving me the opportunity to work with you and have enjoyed my time working under your leadership. Thank you so much!
2. Working under your leadership was a great chance for me to grow professionally and personally. Thank you for your support!
3. You have motivated your employees while having to make the toughest of decisions. Through your support for your colleagues and leadership, you have been a true inspiration. Thank you.
4. Words can neither qualify nor quantify how helpful your guidance and advice have been. I am forever grateful for your support!
5. While I still have the opportunity, let me thank you for all that you have done not only for me but for the whole department. You are the most supportive boss we ever had. Thank you for everything.
6. You motivate your employees, and you take tough decisions. You support your colleagues, you are a true inspiration. Thanks, boss.
7. Thank you for your vote of confidence in me by supporting my vision to increase production and nationwide distribution of our products. Thank you.
8. Although within the hierarchy there has been some resistance to change, I truly feel we are now in the ideal position to move forward, expand our business and fill market needs. And it’s all thanks to you.
9. By providing your employees with the tools, procedures, and strategies we need to work at a higher level of efficiency on our production lines, we are setting the stage for a successful expansion as well as the possibility of international growth in the future. Thank you for your input on this project, and continued support every step of the way. I really appreciate it.
10. You lead your employees and get them to follow your vision without being dominating and annoying. Thanks for showing us that respect is always deserved, never commanded or forced.
Appreciative Notes to Your Boss
1. The biggest problem with having an extraordinary boss like you is that I will never be happy working for anyone else. Thanks, but you have really limited my career options because I have no other option but to follow you wherever you go.
2. Your leadership skills make it easy for you to manage our team, even with our diverse professional backgrounds. I’m proud to have learned some of these qualities from you. Thank you for guiding me professionally and personally!
3. Thank you so much for the [RAISE/GIFT]! It’s both exciting and humbling to be recognized for my hard work and dedication. Your thoughtfulness and generosity empower me and encourage me to do my best, always.
4. Thank you for the recent bonus. It is sure to come in handy, but more than that, it gives me great confidence to know that my hard work is being recognized. I’m so grateful to work for a company that shows its appreciation so generously.
5. Thanks for putting pressure on me, and being tough on me for my mistakes that were silly. Sometimes tough love is necessary, which is what I have learned in my career journey.
6. I feel blessed to work for a company that values its employees and is consistently generous and compassionate. My heart is filled with gratitude. Thank you again for your understanding. My family and I greatly appreciate your kindness.
7. [NAME] nothing I can say will ever convey the amount of gratitude, I owe to you for showing me how to have the right attitude. Thanks.
8. My skills and talent would have gone with me to the grave if you hadn’t spotted them and inspired me to go forth and be brave. Thanks, boss.
9. After working with an amazing boss like you, I have started to feel left out when I am with my friends. Every time they start to talk badly about their bosses, I have nothing to say. Thanks for making me always feel like an outcast.
Thank You, Boss!
1. Thank you sir for all the hard work, extended hours, and even late nights during business hours. Through these situations, I have made myself more motivated and genuine when it comes to working. Thank you.
2. It is one thing to be a boss, another thing to be a mentor but a completely different thing to be a leader. We are proud to be led by a boss, mentor, and manager like you. Thanks for everything.
3. Thank you so much for all of your leadership at work—it has truly been an inspiration to work with you.
4. Thank you for taking the time to sit down with me the other day to discuss [TOPIC]. Your advice was spot on. I’m more confident than ever in taking the next steps toward my next goal.
5. Apart from the decision-making, communication, and overall professionalism, the most important thing I have learned from you is how to be a good human being. Thanks, boss.
6. Your company’s expertise, reliability, and even goodness generate a good and enjoyable place to work. Many thanks for extending your passion and adaptability in times one of us on your staff needs a day off. Thank you.
7. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding [TOPIC]. Having you as a sounding board was very helpful in assisting me in which direction to ultimately take. I’m so grateful for your insights and advice.
8. Thank you for teaching me that every mistake is just a learning experience. I have learned so much from you. Ever since I have been working for you, I found myself evolving both with respect to my career as well as a person.
Notes of Gratitude
1. The success I’ve had in my career is due in no small part to your support and encouragement. I appreciate you so much and value everything that I have learned from you.
2. I am thrilled to be named [POSITION]! Being able to achieve this goal is so fulfilling to me both personally and professionally. I appreciate the role you played in helping me get here. I promise to work hard to maintain the confidence and trust you have shown in me. Thank you!
3. From being nothing to something, I have traveled a long journey under your guidance. Thanks, boss.
4. Salary is one thing but real job satisfaction comes from the praises and appraisals given by a boss who is a true mentor. Thanks.
5. It is one thing for you to be a boss, but being a mentor and a leader was never a requirement. We are so proud and grateful to have a boss, manager, and mentor in one. Thank you for everything that you do.
6. A boss and a friend, two in one. Whoever thought that work-life would be so much fun. Thanks.
7. Being noticed for a job well done is both gratifying and validating. Thank you for taking the time to notice the little things and always finding a way to offer a compliment or a word of encouragement. Your sincere accolades make me feel like a valued member of this team, and for that I am grateful.
We Love You, Boss
1. I am so proud to be able to call you my boss. Thank you so much for everything that you have done for me over the years.
2. Thank you for all the encouragement and guidance. Thank you for helping me grow in my career. May God bless you.
3. This letter is to express my appreciation for all of the hard work, long hours, and late nights you put in to make your business a success, in an effort to prevent layoffs and retain your employees. I’d like you to know that none of this has gone unnoticed by the workers, and we are grateful for your kindness, loyalty, and commitment to all of us.
4. Stories of how amazing you are as a boss have gone viral in my family and friend group. Everyone is jealous that I have such a great boss. Thank you for always being a cool boss.
5. Thank you for all of your kindness, encouragement, and support. I could never have asked for or expected such a great boss.
6. I will never know what it feels like to work under a boss who is annoying, grumpy, irritating, and always angry. But this is one work experience that I am glad not to have had – all thanks to a boss like you.
7. What an honor it is to be named the new [POSITION]. I am grateful for this wonderful opportunity and foresee a future full of possibility and excitement. I look forward to beginning this grand, new adventure. Thank you!
Thanks For All You Do
1. You weren’t going to get anything out of pushing me, to be an exceptional employee – but you still invested your time in me. Thank you for mentoring me every step of the way.
2. I appreciate you and all the things you do in more ways than I can count.
3. I was so grateful to have been able to take part in the [PROGRAM] recently. I learned skills that I’m sure will come in handy throughout my career with this company. Thank you for helping me further my professional development.
4. I am saying this not just because I have just got a raise. But I have always believed that you are a boss worthy of praise. Thank you.
5. Working for you is an honor, working without you is an absolute horror. Working under you is a pleasure, an experience that I will truly treasure. Thanks, boss.
6. Thank you for being an inspiration to us. We are grateful for all that you have done for us.
7. Just a quick note to thank you for helping me out with [TOPIC] recently. The time you spent with me really helped me put things in a new light, and for that, I am truly thankful. I’m lucky to have you in my corner. Thank you.
8. You not only granted me an opportunity to work with you, but you also guided me and made me strengthen my focus on all that I ever wanted to achieve. Thank you.
I am Grateful
1. I’m so thankful that you are my boss. You are not just a leader to me but you are also an inspiration. Your hard work has been my inspiration since I became a member of your staff. Thank you.
2. Thank you so much for the wonderful Employee Appreciation Luncheon, thank you card, and gift. It means a lot to me to know that my work and the extra hours I put in during crunch time are appreciated. I feel lucky to have such a great supervisor.
3. You have a terrific way of making each member of our team feel valued and important. It’s part of what motivates us to work together to achieve the goals you’ve set for our department. Thank you again for the continued business inspiration!
4. I am so thankful that you are my boss. You are more than just a leader; you are truly an inspiration. Your hard work and dedication have inspired me since the moment I first joined your staff. Thank you so much.
5. Thank you for being the most wonderful boss to all of us.
6. Dear Boss, I just want you to know that I consider myself really lucky to have got the opportunity to work for someone like you. You make even the most tedious job a lovely learning process. Thanks a ton!
7. I wanted to let you know how much having you as a boss has meant to me throughout my time here. I am forever grateful. All the best.
8. Thank you for being such a great role model for me during my time with this [COMPANY]. As my time here is coming to a close, I wanted to let you know I will proudly carry what I have learned here throughout my career.
Thank You Messages For Your Boss
1. I really appreciate your understanding and support regarding the changes we’re making to the project plan. Thank you for your confidence in me. I’m sure you’re going to be pleased with the results.
2. As a manager and our boss in this field of work, you are indeed an inspiration to your staff. Thank you for your strong leadership plus for showing your support to your entire team.
3. I feel so fortunate to have a job at [WORKPLACE] that I thoroughly enjoy, and I wanted to let you know that you’re a big part of that. Thank you!
4. Thanks for converting our mistakes into lessons, pressure into productivity, and skills into strengths. You really know how to bring out the best in us.
5. I just want to express how much I appreciate you as my boss. Being my boss and leader has had a great impact on my life. You inspired me in so many ways. Thank you.
6. Thank you for the opportunity to expand my skills through the [PROGRAM/CLASS]. I know the skills I’ve learned as a result will help catapult my success, and for that, I am truly grateful.
7. Since the first day that I began working for you, I know that I have changed in so many ways. All of these changes have helped me transform into a better person inside and out. Thank you for being my boss.
National Boss Day Messages
1. As today is National Boss Day, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for being such a great supervisor, and always leading by example. Because of you, our workplace is a wonderful environment for the open exchange of ideas, and a place where employees are motivated each day to do their best. I am thankful to be a part of your team.
2. As a supervisor you are truly an inspiration to your staff. Your strong leadership skills, along with the support and dedication you show to your team, have earned you much deserved respect and admiration. I feel lucky to be a member of your staff.
3. A million thanks to you for being the best boss ever. Thank you for all of the support and encouragement at work and for in our lives.
4. Thank you for giving me the chance to partake in [PROGRAM/SEMINAR]. I learned so much, especially [SKILLS]. As a result, I feel more confident and empowered to move forward in my position. I’m very grateful to have been afforded the opportunity to attend.
5. As our boss, you are highly motivational. As a human being, you are truly inspirational. Thanks.
6. Thank you for being so understanding about [ISSUE]. Knowing that I did not have to worry about work throughout this ordeal has made it much easier to work through things and move forward. Please accept my sincerest thanks.
Messages Your Boss will Love
1. Thank you so much for recommending me for promotion and for being instrumental in helping me secure the position. I greatly appreciate the confidence you have in me and my capabilities to lead the marketing team as its director.
2. I will continue to work hard to bring our team to the next level. I fully expect to exceed the expectations that are placed on my new role here at the company. Thank you again for your trust and support.
3. Your comments on my failures and your compliments on my performance – both motivate and inspire me to do better. Thanks, boss.
4. It was really so amazing to work with you in such a positive environment. Working under your leadership has been an amazing opportunity for me. Thank you so much.
5. Just wanted to let you know you’re appreciated. Your leadership and ability to get things done are an inspiration to us all. Thank you.
6. Thank you sir for hearing me out whenever I have something to suggest. I am so happy that in my little ways; I was able to contribute even a little to attain the goals of this company.
7. After all that you have done, thanks do not feel like enough. All I can do is offer my gratitude and appreciation for your leadership and for you being such a wonderful boss.
In the business world, effective communication with your superiors includes, when appropriate, an occasional thank you note showing appreciation for something that’s very important to you.
You can also use a lovely thank-you card to express your sincere thanks for his/her creation of a great work environment.
New courtesies such as free gourmet coffee in the break room, replacing uncomfortable office chairs with ergonomic chairs, and taking them out to lunch for Employee Appreciation Day work too.
Whatever you do, do it with a sincere heart. It doesn’t have to be much.
Remember, it’s the thought that counts.