Target REDcard Credit Card Complete Usage Guide & Credit Card Review
– Target REDcard Credit Card –
Target REDcard Credit Card: The Target REDcard Credit Card is a $0-annual-fee store card that’s valid only at Target. Its key feature is a 5% discount on in-store and online Target purchases.
This is among the highest cashback rates you’ll find among rewards cards, though you’ll find even higher rates with products such as the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
In addition to the 5% discount, the Target REDcard Credit Card offers free two-day shipping at Target.com, an extended return and exchange window, additional discounts, and access to exclusive products.
On the downside, it has a high-interest rate — and you don’t have the opportunity to receive a lower rate even if you have strong credit. That said, pay off your balance in full each month to avoid heavy interest.
Target REDcard Credit Card Highlights
- 5% off every day at Target & Target.com.*
- Free 2-day shipping on hundreds of thousands of items at Target.com.*
- Early Access to products and promotions*
- Exclusive Extras including special items and offers*
- Starbucks discount on in-store locations – get everyday 5% savings when you pay with your REDcard*
- Cartwheel – save 5-50% on hundreds of items in-store & get everyday 5% savings when you pay with your REDcard*
- Target Subscriptions – save 5% on everyday essentials delivered on your schedule when you subscribe, plus get everyday 5% savings when you pay with your REDcard*
- Get everyday 5% savings on specialty gift cards when you pay with your REDcard*
- Target Wallet, easy and fast checkout. Use Wallet in the Target app to save with Cartwheel and pay with REDcard by scanning your phone at check out in store.
- *Some restrictions apply. See Target.com/redcard for benefits and program rules
Pros and Cons
- 5% discount on in-store and online Target purchases
- Free two-day shipping on eligible items from Target.com, with free standard shipping for everything else
- 30 extra days to make returns on eligible items
- Exclusive offers and early access deals
- 10% off coupon every year on your anniversary
- No annual fees
- They can only be used at Target, and at retailers within Target stores
- Some purchases are excluded from the 5% discount
- No signup bonus
- High-interest rate
- Some purchases are excluded from the extended return benefit
Who is this card best for?
This card is best for frequent Target shoppers.
Who is this card not best for?
This isn’t the best option if you want a card you can use widely, or if you don’t shop much at Target.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Card
- Save money at Target: Use your REDcard to get an automatic 5% discount when shopping at Target, Target.com, or Starbucks stores located within Targets. Keep in mind that certain purchases won’t get the discount.
- Sit back and relax with free delivery: You’ll get free two-day shipping on eligible items from Target.com, with free standard shipping for everything else.
- Take time to decide with extended returns: You’ll get 30 extra days to make returns, which should give you plenty of time to decide if you want to keep your purchases or not.
- Keep an eye out for coupons and discounts: Watch for the exclusive offers and early access deals you’ll get as a REDcard user.
- Look forward to your cardmember anniversary: Sign up for Target marketing emails to get a 10% off coupon by email on your account anniversary.
- Use a PIN instead of signing for purchases: You’ll need to enter a PIN when making purchases instead of signing. You’ll be asked to create a PIN when you activate the card and can reset it online or by calling customer support.
- Expect targeted marketing: Target will use your purchase data with these cards to improve its customer profile of you, so don’t be surprised to see some uncannily accurate ads.
- Build up your credit: Store cards are usually easier to qualify for than other reward cards, so you can use the REDcard Credit Card to improve your credit scores by using it responsibly and always paying on time (the debit card can’t be used to build credit).
How Can I Make a Target REDcard Payment?
There are several ways to make payments to your REDcard credit card: We recommend making online payments because it’s usually the quickest and easiest method.
Just sign in to your online account here, go to the “Payment Information” tab, and then select “Schedule a Payment.” You’ll be guided to select either a connected checking or savings account to provide the funds. Payments can be scheduled up to 30 days in advance.
Credit card payments can be made at Target stores at the Guest Services counter. You’ll need to provide your card or a billing statement so the associate can look up your account.
Payments can be made by phone by calling 1-800-424-6888.
If you need to go the old-fashioned route, payments can be mailed by sending in the stub at the bottom of your billing statement. If you can’t send in the stub you can include your account number instead.
Payments can be mailed to:
Target Card Services
P.O. Box 660170
Dallas, TX 75266-0170
The Target REDcard credit card is a familiar sight to Target shoppers. The line of REDcards available from Target includes a debit card and a credit card, the Target Mastercard.
Target rewards all cardholders with discounts, free shipping, extended return periods, and advance notice on sales and other events. Customers who have a Target store credit card reap the additional benefit of paying for purchases over time.
We hope this article was useful and educative, do well to share these messages with friends and loved ones. If you have a question, kindly drop your comments below.