Starbucks Near Me 2022 Review, and 10 Ways to Save Money
If you love Starbucks but hate paying those high prices, we’ve got some secret hacks that will save you money every time you visit your favorite Starbucks Near Me in 2022.
Looking to save money at Starbucks? The famous coffee shop can get quite expensive, even if you plan on ordering just one drink.
However, if you just can’t quit your Starbucks addiction, check out these awesome tips to save some coins the next time you place an order.
10 Best Ways to Save Money Next Time at Starbucks in 2022
1. Become its Rewards Member
Signing up for Starbucks Rewards is simple. If you’ve ever used the Wi-Fi while sitting in a Starbucks or received and registered a new gift card, you are actually already a member.
The cafe’s rewards card earns you a star (two stars per $1 spent), and when you reach 125 stars (that’s a flavored grande latte once a day, for two weeks), you’ll receive a beverage on the house!
2. Grab a Drink During Happy Hour
When you sign up online, Starbucks will send you email notifications about its weekly happy hour (they usually happen Thursdays and start at 3 p.m. local time).
Deals range from buy-one-get-one-free to 50 percent off chosen beverages.
3. Earn Gift Cards
Survey websites, like Swagbucks, will reward you with points each time you complete a survey. Then you can redeem your points for free gift cards to your favorite stores, such as Starbucks, Target, or Amazon.
It’s free to sign up for Swagbucks and free to use.
4. Order Your Drink in the Secret Cup Size
During certain promotions, Starbucks also sells drinks in a mini size, which is 10 oz., and will also give you a nice price cut. Order your drink as a Short and you’ll get an 8 oz. Serving for less money than a Tall.
5. Ask for Light Ice — or Ice on the Side
They can significantly water iced beverages down when ice is added — up to 50%. So by asking for light ice or ice on the side, you can get more of your actual beverage versus paying for ice.
6. Ask for a Cup of Water Instead of Buying Bottled Water
If you’re buying water from Starbucks, you can save by asking for water in a cup instead. Don’t waste your money on bottled water.
7. Create Your Own Latte
By buying two or three shots of espresso, and adding cream and sugar at the condiment bar, you can big when you want a latte — instead of paying full price!
8. Enjoy Refills for $.50
Most of us can’t get through the day without an extra caffeine boost in the afternoon. Statistics show the average coffee drinker drinks 3.1 cups per day!
To aid you in your pursuit of afternoon alertness, Starbucks will give you a refill of a hot coffee, iced coffee, hot tea, or iced tea beverage after your first purchase.
9. Order through the App
There are very few times in life when you can stride straight up to the counter in a place, grab your coffee, and walk right out. But that’s what happens when you order through the Starbucks app.
And the best part of ordering on the app is knowing your total before you finish the order. When you’re in the store, it’s easy to overspend because you might not know the final total until they tell you at the register.
With the app, you’re in the know the whole time.
10. Split a Drink with a Friend
If you’re meeting for coffee with a friend, you could both agree to save by purchasing a vent-sized beverage, then asking for two tall cups.
Starbucks Drive-Thru Stores 2022
Store hours may vary and may change without prior notice due to the current COVID-19 situation.
Petron NLEX – Marilao
Mac Arthur Highway – Malolos
Axis Entertainment – Escario
South Hub – Caltex SLEX Mamplasan DT
Petron Lakeshore NLEX
Invecs Auto Centrum
9 Macapagal Blvd. – DT
9. QUEZON CITY
74th West Ave.
Metropoli – E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave.
Quezon Avenue and West 4th
St. Charbel Mindanao Ave.
32nd & 7th Ave.
NLEX Drive and Dine
Its Rewards Visa Card Review
The Starbucks Rewards Visa is designed for people who spend a lot of time and money at Starbucks.
Rewards can be redeemed at participating Starbucks stores in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico for free beverages, food, and merchandise.
This card comes with a bonus offer of 4,500 “Stars,” after spending $500 in the first three months, and carries a $49 annual fee.
- The Bonus of 4,500 Stars: After you spend $500 anywhere within the first three months, you receive 4,500 Bonus Stars. That’s worth up to $225 in purchases at a Starbucks store, depending on what you redeem your Stars for. By comparison, some other cards, like the Amex Blue Cash Every day, offer a one-time offer of up to $300. However, that cashback is more flexible in how you can redeem it: it doesn’t have to be redeemed only in one place.
- Stars Don’t Expire as Long as You Have the Account: Normally, in the regular Starbucks rewards program, Stars expire six months after you earn them. However, if you have a Starbucks Rewards Visa, your rewards won’t expire for as long as the account is open. If you close the account, though, your Stars will expire in six months.
- Generous Rewards on Starbucks Purchases: You can receive up to 3 Stars per dollar on Starbucks purchases. First, you get 1 Star per dollar when you use your Starbucks Rewards Visa to digitally reload your Starbucks card (the chain’s rewards program card). Then you can get another 2 Stars per dollar when you use your Starbucks card to pay at a Starbucks store. This two-step process can help you earn rewards faster.
- Coupons for Special Foods and Drinks: As a Starbucks Rewards Visa cardholder, you’ll receive coupons for eight special food and drink offerings throughout the year. These are called Barista Picks, and they are designed to provide an opportunity to try something new. In addition, you’ll receive a free birthday treat as part of your enrollment in Starbucks Rewards.
- Rewards Can Only be Redeemed at Starbucks: When you earn rewards with this credit card, they can only be redeemed at Starbucks stores for food, drinks, or merchandise. You can’t get cash or redeem it for travel, as with many other cards.
- No Introductory APR: There is no special introductory APR with the Starbucks Rewards Visa. You won’t receive a low-interest rate for purchases or balance transfers.
- $49 Annual Fee: You’ll pay an annual fee to use this card. The $49 isn’t as expensive as some other cards, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, which has a $95 annual fee. However, with the more expensive cards, you get additional benefits and more generous rewards. The Starbucks Rewards annual fee, though, is easily justified by the bonus if you normally spend a lot at Starbucks.
How to Get the Most Out of Starbucks 2022
There are several steps to getting the most out of this card:
Get the App
The app is an easy way to pay at the till or ahead of time.
Always Use Your Rewards Account When at a Store
Use the credit card to load funds into your Starbucks Rewards account via the app or the Starbucks website. If you ask a barista to do it, you’ll only earn 1 Star for every $4 you load onto your card—a much lower rewards earning rate.
Set Up Reload
Use your Starbucks Reward Visa Card as your default “easy reload” card in the Starbucks app, which allows you to reload on the go, or even while waiting in line. That way you can leave it at home versus adding it to your wallet.
Use Your Stars in a Timely Fashion
If you plan to close your Starbucks Reward Visa Card account, use up your Stars first, or as soon as possible.
Rewards Earning Details
It’s important to note that you need to have a Starbucks card to use in tandem with your Starbucks Rewards Visa.
If you aren’t a member, you’ll be enrolled automatically in the Starbucks rewards program and get a Starbucks card.
If you’re already a member, you’ll connect your rewards card to your Visa. Here are how cardholders can earn Stars:
- Receive 1 Star for every $2 spent on rideshares, public transit, grocery stores, and internet, cable, and phone services.
- Earn 2 Stars for every $1 spent when using your Starbucks card to pay for purchases in-store.
- Receive 1 Star for each dollar when you digitally load your Starbucks card using your Starbucks Rewards Visa.
- Earn 1 Star for every $4 spent everywhere else.
There is no points transfer program with the Starbucks Rewards Visa. You must redeem your rewards at participating Starbucks locations.
How to Maximize Your Rewards
The best way to maximize your rewards is to plan to use your Starbucks Rewards Visa for as many regular purchases as possible and then redeem the accumulated Stars for things you normally get at Starbucks.
Reward Visa’s Outstanding Benefits
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance
- Extra treats throughout the year as Barista Picks
- $0 fraud liability
- Secondary auto rental collision damage waiver
- Purchase protection
- Extended warranty protection
Starbucks Card Reviews 2022
The Starbucks® Rewards Visa® Card features bold, Venti-sized ongoing rewards with an extra shot of loyalty benefits — and an annual fee of $0 into the first year, then $49.
For dedicated fans of the coffee chain who drop in on a daily, it could be well worth the relatively steep price. The card’s rewards, redeemable for free food and drink items at Starbucks, might save you plenty.
But for occasional customers, it’s not worth the cost; a card with more versatile rewards — cashback, points, or miles — would probably be more valuable.
The Starbucks Rewards Visa is a fine card for loyal Starbucks customers who want to redeem their rewards for free drinks and other items. However, the card is mediocre, with limited redemption options and an annual fee.