– Staples Scanning Cost –
This article provides information about Staples Scanning costs. In a day when more and more homes are ditching printers, scanners, fax machines, etc. People need to get documents scanned for a variety of reasons.
Even when you have a large scanning job or the page size is unusually large, a free scanning app on your phone won’t be enough.
No matter the case, we have provided you with a list of businesses that offer scanning services and where you can quickly and easily get that scanning job taken care of.
Office Supply Stores That Offer Staples Scanning Services
It is worth noting that Office Depot is the world’s largest office supply store, including its chain of OfficeMax stores.
- Scanning Costs:
- $2.99 for the first page/ $0.25 for each additional page
- Details: If you opt to use their scanning services, you may want to sign up for their reward programs, a store loyalty card that will get you 10% back on scanning services. The 10% back also applies to other activities in the print shop like making copies or shipping. It can also be used when purchasing ink and toner.
Staples has self-service kiosks at their locations for scanning your documents, but you must have a credit or debit card to use them.
- Scanning costs:
- $0.50 per page
- Details: If you’re planning to, it could be worth your time to join the Staples Rewards program. The program, which is free to join, gets you up to 5% back on all purchases other than gift cards and postage.
Shipping Stores That Offer Scanning Services
Most FedEx locations have both self-service kiosks and team members who can scan things for you. With over 1,800 locations, there’s likely a FedEx not far from you.
- Scanning Costs:
- $0.45 cents per minute to use a self-serve kiosk to scan and send via email
- $0.89 cents per page to have FedEx scan the document for you and put it onto a thumb drive or CD
- Details: Please note that if your document is larger than a standard sheet of paper, you will be unable to use the self-serve kiosk; a FedEx employee must scan it for you.
UPS stores are individually owned franchises, so each location offers slightly different print services, and each location can charge a different price for the service.
- Scanning Costs:
- About $5 per scan for a document of 10 pages
- Between $10-$30 per scan for a document up to 100 pages, as long as it is all one document
- Details: We called three different locations to obtain an average price.
Miscellaneous Places That Offer Scanning Services
Many hotels have business centers for guest use. These services occasionally include printers with scanners. Additionally, if it is a small document, the front desk may be able to scan it for you.
This is most likely to work if you wait until the front desk administrator is not busy — ideally at night. If you are not a guest of a hotel, it’s still worth asking if they can scan it for you.
Your local library is likely able to scan things at volume. If you have a library card with no outstanding fines, they will likely help you scan a few pages.
Many public libraries charge a small fee (typically 10 cents and many are known to waive the fee since it’s almost more of a hassle than it’s worth) for scans and/or set a limit on the number of pages you can scan, but many also offer the service for free. Call your local library to confirm.
Additionally, if you are a college student or an active member of your school alumni association, your school library is very likely to have a scanner.
Many travel agencies have access to scanners and may help you out while you’re on the road. If you’re on a trip booked by a travel agent that has a chain of offices and you can get to one of them, they are very likely to help you out.
However, any travel agency may take mercy on you and agree to scan your document. If you’re really in a pinch, it can’t hurt to ask.
- Handyman Business Names: 250 Top Ideas to Help You Start a Business
- Online Business Ideas for Teens to Make Extra Money
- Chase Bank Overdraft Fees & Appeal Process for 2022 Updates
- 2022 Most Creative and Unique Pizza Restaurant Business Names Ideas
- Pet Shop Names: 280 Awesome Names to Start a Pet Shop Business
Free Apps You Can Use to Scan Documents
If you have a smartphone and you don’t need to scan a large number of documents, you may be able to download an app that gets the job done for you.
With improved camera technology, these apps allow you to create scans that are just as clear as using an actual scanner.
You can download the basic CamScanner app for free. It allows you to take pictures of your documents and turn them into PDFs.
You can then send them to your cloud storage, save them on your phone, or email them to yourself and others. You can even photograph multiple pages and save them as one document.
It’s available for iPhone and Android.
Evernote is an amazing productivity app but what you may not know is that it allows you to use your phone to scan documents and images, too.
You can turn anything into a PDF with this app, store it in your cloud service, or email it to anyone. It’s available for iPhone and Android.
Genius Scan’s free edition is a great app for scanning a few pages at a time. You can save multiple pages into a single PDF file and email them to anyone.
You can also export the scans to a wide variety of cloud storage options. It uses perspective correction to get the best-looking scans. It’s available only on iPhone.
It can be stressful to find a place to scan documents, especially if you’re short on time. Fortunately, there are several places to get the job done as we have provided you with this list to find a store or location in your area that will scan your documents at an affordable price.
We hope this article has been helpful for you. Please share it with anyone who you think will appreciate the information!