We all enjoy sports. But how well do you know the ins and outs of the sports world? That’s why it’s always a lot of fun to put your knowledge to the test by asking yourself a few sports trivia questions.
Why Should I Answer Sports Trivia Questions
While you may believe you are a sports fan, there is a world of information available to you that you may not be fully aware of.
This brain game is ideal for birthday parties, family game nights, or as a fun way to pass the time in the car or on the plane.
These current sports trivia questions and answers range from simple sports trivia for kids to difficult sports trivia that even the most die-hard fans may now know.
Furthermore, they are divided into different sports trivia quiz categories.
So baseball fans can find tricky baseball trivia questions, basketball fans can find interesting basketball sports trivia questions, football fans can find cool football trivia facts, Super Bowl trivia, and more.
General Sports Trivia
‣ In inches, what is the diameter of a basketball hoop? The answer is 18 inches.
‣ How many years do the Olympics take place? The answer is four years.
‣ What is the most well-known sport as the “King of Sports”? Soccer is the answer.
‣ When a bowler strikes three balls in a row, what do you call it? Turkey is the answer.
‣ What is Canada’s national sport? Lacrosse is the answer.
‣ What is the average number of dimples on a golf ball? 336 is the answer.
‣ What country has competed in the Summer Olympics the most times but has yet to win a gold medal? The Philippines is the answer
.‣ Which real-life boxer is the subject of the classic 1980 film Raging Bull? Jake LaMotta is the answer.
‣ Which horse receives the Triple Crown if he wins all three races? The Kentucky Derby, Belmont Stakes, and the Preakness Stakes are the correct answers.
‣ Nadia Comaneci was the first gymnast to achieve a perfect score in the 1971 Olympics. Which country did she represent? Romania is the answer.
‣ Venus Williams or Serena Williams has won more grand slam titles in tennis. Serena Williams is the answer.
‣ What country has competed in the Summer Olympics the most times but has yet to win a medal? Liechtenstein is the answer.
‣ Every year on Memorial Day, a sporting event is held. What exactly is it? The Indianapolis 500, of course.
‣ What was the greatest margin of victory in a Triple Crown race ever? The answer is 31 lengths.
‣ Who was the first woman to win the World Figure Skating Championship for women? Madge Syers is the answer.
‣ What coach came off the bench to play in the Stanley Cup finals for his team? Lester Patrick is the answer.
‣ What sport did bank robber John Dillinger participate in? Baseball is the answer.
Golf Trivia Questions
‣ Tiger Woods was how old when he won the Masters? The answer is 21.
‣ The dimples on a golf ball provide traction on the ground. What is the average number of dimples on a golf ball? 336 is the answer.
‣ Which golfer was dubbed “The Golden Bear”? The answer is Jack Nicklaus.
‣ Tiger Woods won which golf tournament by 12 strokes in 1997? The Master’s Tournament, to be precise.
‣ How much time do players have to look for their ball? 5 minutes is the answer.
‣ Who was the first golfer on the PGA Tour to earn a million dollars in career earnings? Arnold Palmer is the answer.
‣ Who was the first woman to win the US Women’s Open? Patty Berg is the answer.
‣ What golf clubs are used for long shots off the tee or fairway? Woods is the answer.
‣ What golfer is credited with inventing the modern sand wedge? Gene Sarazen is the answer.
‣ In 1996, who was named PGA Tour Rookie of the Year? Tiger Woods is the answer.
‣ In 1985, who won his only Open Championship at Royal St Georges, Sandwich? Sandy Lyle is the answer.
‣ Which country will host the Ryder Cup in 2022? Italy is the answer.
‣ Which major championship has Rory McIlroy yet to win? The answer is The Masters.
‣ In 2018, who became the first European player to score the maximum of five points in a single Ryder Cup? Francesco Molinari is the correct answer.
‣ Who won the Masters for the sixth time in 1986? Jack Nicklaus is the answer.
‣ What is the most time you can spend looking for a lost ball? Answer: 3 minutes.
‣ Tiger Woods’ real first name is? Eldrick is the correct answer.
Football Trivia Questions
‣ What is the only NFL team that has never hosted or played in the Super Bowl? Cleveland Browns are the answer.
‣ What is the weight of an NFL football? The answer is one pound.
‣ This player was the first openly gay player drafted by an NFL team. What was his given name? Michael Sam is the answer.
‣ In 1970, which NFL team lost the first Super Bowl? Minnesota Vikings are the answer.
‣ Which NFL team’s logo appears on only one side of their helmets? Pittsburgh Steelers is the answer.
‣ Which NFL team is regarded as the oldest? Green Bay Packers, to be precise.
‣ What team won the first-ever night football game? Philadelphia Athletes is the answer.
‣ Which team has the most points scored in a single Super Bowl? The answer is The 49ers of San Francisco.
‣ In the 1990s, which team won three Super Bowls? The answer is the Dallas Cowboys.
‣ What wide receiver made a one-handed catch during his rookie season that caused quite a stir? Odell Beckham Jr. is the answer.
‣ In American football, how many points is a touchdown worth? 6 points for your response.
‣ In 1969, this player set a record with a punt against the Denver Broncos. What was his given name? Steve O’Neal is the answer.
‣ How many games were on the NFL regular-season schedule in 1982? The answer is nine games.
‣ This American Football team went undefeated for the entire season in 1972, including the Super Bowl. What was the team’s name? The answer is the Miami Dolphins.
‣ Which Hall of Fame NFL player was known as “Sweetness”? Walter Payton is the answer.
‣ In the 1990s, which team won three Super Bowls? Dallas is the answer.
‣ Who was the first player in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards in a single season? Beattie Feathers is the answer.