If Secondspin is a scam or a legit platform, this article exposes the actual truth of the matter. So, where can you sell your used DVDs, CDs, Games, and other media? Find out more!
What is Secondspin?
Secondspin is the Internet’s largest buyer and seller of used CDs, used DVDs, used Blu-rays, and used Video Games.
Choose from a huge selection of used CDs, used DVDs, used Blu-rays, and used Video Games. More than 800,000 items are in stock. Buy and sell your used music and movie CDs.
How Does it Work?
Regardless if you are visiting the website to make a purchase or to sell, finding your item is easy. CD’s can be searched by artist, album, or song title.
DVDs can be found using the movie name, actors in the movie, or by the director’s name. Games can be easily found by a simple title search.
Those who are interested in buying from their site are 100% guaranteed to receive items of excellent quality because of their strict acceptance policies.
If an item has been damaged or is not working properly because it has scratches on it, an email noting this issue must be sent within 30 days of receipt.
Typically they will send out another one to replace the defective merchandise.
Pros of Using Secondspin.com
Here are some strengths of SecondSpin.com as an eCommerce platform:
- Good product guarantee details
- Secondspin accepts PayPal support details
- Accepts debit & prepaid card support details
- Offers money-back guarantee policy details
- Seconspin also offers contact information availability details
- Do affiliate marketing program details?
Cons of Using Secondspin.com
There are a few cons, but not many and they shouldn’t deter you:
- I did not receive any e-mail notifications from the company – not even about the payback amount.
- I had to check their website myself to check the status of the package. But it did indeed say that it had been received and was “in process”. The check-in in the mail was quite a surprise, as I was not really expecting it.
- The final con – once your quote has been given, you can’t change the order unless you re-do the entire order. I had decided there were some items I wanted to keep at the end instead of shipping them out.
- Simple solution: don’t send them, and they will leave them out of the quote. There was one DVD in which the price had changed since I received the quote – that’s my fault, as I didn’t send out the package soon enough.
- I let it sit there for a while, and the price of the DVD therefore went down. Oh well.
SecondSpin.com Discount Policies Review
We reviewed SecondSpin.com’s support for discounts for various customers such as seniors, teachers, and military veterans.
SecondSpin.com may or may not offer special discounts or special pricing as a matter of store policy.
SecondSpin.com did not offer the following discounts at the time of our last SecondSpin.com review: military discounts, senior discounts, student discounts, teacher discounts, and birthday discounts. See More details at secondspin.com.
- What to do when your Tax return Is Under Review by IRS
- La-Z-Boy Review: Is it Worth Buying from Them?
- How Does CD Laddering Work? Know The Pros and Cons
- Clickworker Review: Pros and Cons of Using Clickworker
- 8 Best Products Testing Websites for Free Update
SecondSpin.com Shipping & Returns Policies Review
We reviewed SecondSpin.com’s shipping rates and shipping policies, as well as SecondSpin.com’s returns policies.
SecondSpin.com offers good service and support when it comes to shipping, returns, and exchanges. Specifically, SecondSpin.com offers the following shipping and returns policies: money-back guarantee.
The site did not offer the following shipping and exchange features at the time of our last SecondSpin.com review: free returns & exchanges.
SecondSpin.com Payment Methods Review
We reviewed SecondSpin.com’s support for various payment options such as Apple Pay, debit cards, and Google Pay.
The site accepts some payment methods beyond standard credit card payments. Specifically, SecondSpin.com accepts the following payment methods: debit & prepaid cards and PayPal.
SecondSpin.com did not accept the following payment options at the time of our last SecondSpin.com review: Apple Pay, Google Pay, and gift cards. Learn more at SecondSpin.com’s website.
SecondSpin.com Pricing Matching & Coupon Policies Review
We reviewed SecondSpin.com’s coupon acceptance policies as well as SecondSpin.com’s support for price adjustments and price matching.
SecondSpin.com does not currently offer any specific price matching or special couponing features for customers.
The SecondSpin site does not offer the following pricing and couponing features at the time of our last SecondSpin.com review: price matching, coupon stacking, and competitor coupons. Check for any updates on secondspin.com.
How Much Money Can You Make?
Overall, SecondSpin is a site you should definitely consider. In posts and forums online, the SecondSpin selling reviews are definitely varied. However, this shouldn’t necessarily put you off of using the platform, and we’ll explain why below.
Some people say that selling their discs to the platform is hassle-free and gets them money for the CDs, DVDs, and other titles they don’t desire. However, others hold a contrary opinion.
Some individuals state that they have paid shipping fees to send their discs to the platform and then they were rejected, and their shipping fee wasn’t reimbursed.
To be honest, it does state on its website that it will only reimburse you the cost of shipping for titles that it accepts.
So, if you send out 5 DVDs and the site accepts 3 of them, then you are only reimbursed for the cost of shipping for those 3.
And, it also obviously states the criteria for receiving shipping credit too. Other people say that it isn’t always clear on the reasons why it rejects certain items.
As we mentioned above though, you can easily ensure that the website accepts your item if you heed its criteria. So, if it does accept your goods, can you make money with it? Absolutely!
How Does Second Spin Compare to Other Similar Platforms?
It holds up well compared to other outlets, like Decluttr. Its prices are typically competitive.
For instance, at the time of writing, you could get $3.75 for the Nirvana Bleach album (the deluxe edition). However, the same CD would only get you $0.21 on Declutrr. This is actually the difference.
Again, it doesn’t always offer the best price. For instance, at the time of writing, SecondSpin disbursed just $0.15 for a Zoolander DVD, whereas you could get $0.90 for it at Decluttr.
And, it’s an identical story to Batman Begins. However, on Decluttr, you can sell the Batman Begins 2 Disc Special Edition for $0.21, whereas you only get $0.15 for it at SecondSpin.
So, we definitely recommend shopping around a bit if you really desire to make sure that you get the best price for your stuff.
Another benefit of the website is that if it rejects an item, it actually sends it back to you. However, this isn’t the case with Decluttr. If Decluttr rejects one of your items, then it will recycle it, unless it’s a tech object.
The one thing that sets SecondSpin back a little is the fact that it actually charges you for shipping.
While it does reimburse you, there are many rules and limitations in place for shipping credit. For example, you have to send a given number of items to qualify.
- Gmac Car Loan and Auto Financing – Your Preferred Choice
- Best Cub Cadet Mowers Reviews : Are This Mowers any Good?
- 20+ Easiest Ways to Make $20 on the Internet Right Now
- 15 Companies That Give Away T-Shirts for Free Update
- How to Earn Money Watching TV on Nielsen TV Review Family
To Round Up
Overall, it is a good platform for anyone desiring to thin out their DVD or CD collection.
The prices it offers are reasonable, and if you have a lot to sell or more precious items to sell then you could make a nice profit. The only thing that lets it down is the fact that you have to fund your shipping.
But, other than that, it’s definitely a good option if you desire to get rid of your old stuff and make some cash in the process.