When you take a screenshot, Snapchat automatically notifies its user of its contents. However, how to take Snapchat screenshots without them knowing.
Anything you post on the internet is there forever, as they say. An answer to that adage is built into the platform, On Snapchat.
The original promise of the app was that almost immediately after you sent it, everything you sent would disappear, lost to the internet, too.
There is less of an aura of secrecy on the app with the added option for snaps to not have a timer and for conversations not to vanish. When you take screenshots, which includes.
It’s a common policy for Snapchat to alert the person whose material you have instantly captured via the social network when you get a screenshot of a message or snap.
While this helps protect the privacy of users, you may not want to notify a user of your screenshots often. You may want to show something from a friend’s story to someone who is not on the app or even turn a perfect gif or meme answer into your phone context.
There is a way to take screenshots in Snapchat without notifying the person you are screenshotting in these instances.
- Where You Get Paid to Play Games for Free
- Ways to Buy Snapchat Stock
- Transfer Files From One Google Account to Another
How To Screenshot On Snapchat Without Them Knowing?
Just Use Another phone
The easiest Snapchat screenshot hack is to use another smartphone to record a video of a Snapchat video or take a picture of a Snapchat image.
Following this, you can edit the photo or the video taken and can finally keep a copy of others’ Snapchat Stories and they won’t even know of it.
Use A Screen Recorder (Android and iOS)
This is another method to save someone else’s Snapchat video or photo. You just have to install any screen recorder app for Android out of the various available on the Google Play Store.
For iOS, the inbuilt screen recorder feature can easily help you do that. You just have to enable the feature from the Control Center by tapping on the option.
If at all the feature isn’t in your Control Center, you can add it by following a couple of simple steps:
- Go to Settings to find the Control Center option.
- Tap on it and select the Customize Controls option.
- Following this, just add the screen recorder option, and you are done.
Use Google Assistant (Android)
This is yet another hack for taking a Snapchat screenshot with the help of Google Assistant. The steps are pretty easy:
- Open up Snapchat and the snaps you want to save to your gallery.
- Call out to Google Assistant by either long-pressing the home button or with a simple “OK, Google.”
- Ask the digital assistant to take a screenshot verbally or by typing and the work gets done without anyone knowing about it.
However, there’s one downside; there ain’t an option to directly save the screenshot to your gallery and instead, you will be provided with an option to share it with other platforms.
You have to send it to your email or any other platform, and save it from there.
Screenshot Workaround – Using Airplane Mode
This method is easy and doesn’t require you to do a lot. Here are the steps you have to follow:
- Open Snapchat to make sure all the snaps are loaded (don’t view them though!)
- Now, turn off the Wi-fi, mobile data, and even Bluetooth. After this, turn on the airplane mode.
- Once you have ensured that your device doesn’t have internet connectivity, just open up Snapchat.
- Just open the snap you want to take a screenshot of, take a screenshot, and it is done. After 30 seconds or a minute, turn on your internet connection and no one will know what you just did.
Use QuickTime (Mac)
There is a simple trick to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing. You just have to enable the QuickTime Screen Capture to perform the task. For this:
- You just have to connect your iPhone to your Macbook and open the QuickTime Player app.
- Tap on the file option and then the ‘new movie recording’ option.
- Select any of the various recording options available and select your iPhone as the movie recording output that will help mirror your iPhone onto the Mac.
- Once the setup is done, you have to hit the record button, open Snapchat and you will be able to screenshot Snapchat without notification.
Using Third-Party Apps
Much like third-party apps to save a WhatsApp Status, there are some to save a Snapchat snap without anyone knowing. You can download them from the Google Play Store.
There are various apps for the purpose such as SnapSaver (Android) and Sneakaboo (iOS) and there are pretty simple steps to do the same.
For this, you just have to download the app and open it.
- Now, you have to select from the desired options (Screenshot, Screen Recording, Burst Screenshot, and Integrated) and head to Snapchat.
- Open the required snap that you want to save, tap on the SnapSaver camera icon that will appear on your screen, and a screenshot will be taken without the person getting notified about it.
For this app too, you have to install it and log in with your Snapchat credentials. All the new Snapchat Stories will appear on the app and you just have to take their screenshot when they play.
This won’t notify the other user about the screenshot as your work gets done.
If you found this information useful, do well to share it with friends and loved ones. It’s your turn to help other people. You can share this article on your favorite social media handle.