How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Images on iPhone & Android.
Do you know that you can recover deleted images from your Whatsapp? This article covers the easiest and fastest ways you can get them back.
WhatsApp is an integral part of our daily communication, and any loss of information is extremely frustrating. It is like a nightmare to loose your WhatsApp images.
But surprisingly, it happens more often than you know, and it is not easy to retrieve these deleted WhatsApp images unless you have a robust solution like a recovery program for WhatsApp.
Where are WhatsApp Photos Stored?
All images ever sent from your computer or received via WhatsApp will be saved automatically.
You can find multimedia from this messenger on smartphones running Android in a folder called WhatsApp in the internal memory.
There are three subfolders inside the WhatsApp directory. Open “Media” and find “WhatsApp Images” and go through its contents.
Generally, if a photo has been removed from a chat but not from your smartphone gallery, you’ll find it in that folder.
On some smartphones and tablet models, the folder with WhatsApp files are stored on a removable media storage device, for example, a micro SD memory card, rather than on internal memory.
This usually happens if you have a Chinese device with modified (rooted) firmware.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Images on iPhone
Directly Recover Deleted WhatsApp Images from iPhone
Follow the below easy steps to recover your deleted WhatsApp pictures from iPhone.
Note： You may fail to recover from WhatsApp pictures from iPhone directly by using this tool. You could try to recover from iTunes if you had backed up before.
- Download Dr.Fone and launch it on your computer, and click Data Recovery.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer through a USB cable, then select Recover iPhone Data.
- Tick “WhatsApp & Attachments”.
- Click on “Start Scan” to scan the deleted WhatsApp images.
- When scanning completed, the recovered items will appear in categories.
- Choose the items you want to recover and click “Recover to Computer”.
Restore Deleted WhatsApp Images/Pictures from iTunes Backup
Step 1: Download & launch Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS)
- Download and launch the software, click Data Recovery.
- Choose Recover iOS Data and then select Recover from iTunes Backup File tab.
- All the iTunes backup files on your computer will be display.
- Select the file containing your lost WhatsApp images and scan the files using “Start Scan”.
Step 2: WhatsApp Pictures Recovered
- After the scan is completed, preview the data and select the WhatsApp files you want to recover.
- Click on “Recover’ to save the files to your computer.
- You can also directly save them on your iPhone.
Read: How to Get Free Internet on Your Android or iPhone
Recovering Deleted WhatsApp Images/Pictures from iCloud Backup
This tool temporarily only supports to recovery from iCloud under ios 10.2. Otherwise, you can connect to your iCloud account after using this tool.
Step 1: Launch Dr.Fone toolkit
- Launch Dr.Fone toolkit, click on Data Recovery.
- Select Recover iOS Data and then go to Recover from iCloud Backup File tab.
- Sign in to your iCloud account.
- Check all iCloud backup files.
- Select files that contain your deleted WhatsApp items.
- Download the files to your computer or directly to your iPhone.
Step 2: Quick Processing
- Select WhatsApp attachments in the pop-up window to reduce the time of scanning.
Step 3: Recover Now
- When scanned, preview the files and select the images you want to recover.
- Click on “Recover” to save the data on your computer or directly to your iPhone
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Images on Android
If you have lost WhatsApp images and you have backed up your data to SD card, you can try to use this tool to recover it.
Step 1: Don’t Overwrite
- When you lose WhatsApp data, do not overwrite it. Do not update files or send messages else, you may lose the data forever.
Step 2: Download and Launch Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android)
- Download and install the software to your computer
- Connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3: Debug the Device
- Enable debugging of your Android device.
- For debugging, follow the instructions of Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android).
Step 4: Select Data Type
- Now choose the type of data you want to scan. You will have a list of options, including contacts, messages, videos, call history, gallery, and more.
- Choose “WhatsApp Messages and Attachments” to scan the files.
Step 5: Relive the Moments
- After the scan is complete, select the WhatsApp images you wish to recover and click “Recover” to finally get your deleted pictures.
How to Recover WhatsApp Images from Auto-Backup
In addition to the “Media” folder, there is a “Backups” directory inside the WhatsApp folder where all the backups are stored.
Messenger generates them automatically once a day/week/month if this function has previously been enabled in the settings. Backups are created every night by default.
If you’ve deleted a photo from Android Gallery and/or a chat which was sent more than a day ago, try recovering it from a backup. In order to recover images or a chat from a backup you have to:
- Uninstall WhatsApp messenger.
- Reinstall it.
- Enter your phone number in order to sign in to your account.
- When the system suggests recovering the data from your backup copy, agree to it.
- Wait for the installation and recovery process to complete.
Remember that your backup copy has the files which you’ve received within the last week. It’s likely that the documents you’re looking for won’t be in that archive.
Moreover, we advise you to set up an everyday backup to prevent accidental deletion of pics/data. You can do it via the settings in the “Chats” section called “Chats backup”.