Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe (4 Easy Steps)
If you don’t like pumpkin pie but still want a pumpkin dessert, let us introduce you to pumpkin cheesecake. Applying the toasty, seasonal pumpkin spice treatment to classic cheesecake results in an exceptional fall dessert. Read through to get comprehensive information on Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe.
Making Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
This pumpkin cheesecake recipe is quick and easy to make, with just the right amount of pumpkin flavor. It tastes exactly like a cheesecake crossed with a pumpkin pie, giving you the best of both worlds.
The only hard part about this cheesecake is waiting for it to cool before eating it! This pumpkin cheesecake is delicious on its own, but it’s even better with some caramel sauce and rum-infused whipped cream on top.
This is an ideal holiday dessert. It’s inspired by autumn, smells fantastic, and will have your dinner guests humming with delight.
What You Need to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Crust
‣ 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 12 whole graham crackers)
‣ 6 Tbsp (3/4 stick) melted, unsalted butter
‣ 1 Tbsp sugar
‣ 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
‣ 3 (8-ounces each) packages cream cheese, room temperature
‣ 1 1/2 cups (about 9 oz by weight) packed light brown sugar
‣ 15 oz canned pumpkin pie mix (use half of the 30 oz can)
‣ 4 large eggs
‣ 1/4 cup sour cream
‣ 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour *measured correctly
‣ 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
‣ 1/4 tsp salt
‣ 1 Tbsp real vanilla extract
Tips for Making the Best Cheesecake
Below are some amazing tips you can use to make an outstanding pumpkin cheesecake
1. The Best Pan for Cheesecake
This cheesecake is tall, like a proper New York cheesecake, and requires a high-sided springform pan. You may be able to half the filling and cook it in a standard pie tin with less cooking time (if you do, please let us know how it turns out).
2. Use a Water Bath
It also causes cooking in a water bath, which can be difficult. My recommendation is to wrap the pan in three layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
Wrap it gently so that they introduced no holes that could cause the pan to leak. They have also suggested a turkey roasting bag to keep the water out of the pan.
If you like cheesecake and pumpkin pie, this cake is a must-try. Just be aware that it serves a small army, which may be exactly what you require for the holidays.
How to Make a Pie Crust
In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until fine crumbs form. In a medium mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 6 tablespoons melted butter.
Transfer to a 9-inch springform pan with 3′′ tall walls and press crumbs into the bottom and about 1/2′′ up the sides of the pan with a large spoon. Bake for 8 minutes at 350°F. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- How to Know Your Washington EBT Card Balance from Home
- Rhode Island EBT Card Balance: How to Check Your EBT Balance
- New Mexico EBT Card Balance: Steps to Check your EBT Card Balance
- What Can You Buy With EBT at Walmart?
How to Make the Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
Below are the steps to making pumpkin cheesecake filling
In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the 3 packages softened cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar on medium speed for 5 minutes.
You can wait until light and free of lumps, scraping down the bowl once to ensure there are no chunks of cream cheese. Brown sugar is considered “packed” when it keeps its shape after being measured.
Have a taste of this cream cheese frosting. It would make a super yummy frosting actually! Just don’t eat too much. You need it for your cheesecake.
Using a whisk, combine 15 oz pumpkin pie mix, 4 large eggs, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 Tbsp flour, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1 Tbsp vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
Mix until everything is well combined. Add this to the cheesecake filling and mix on low speed until just combined, scraping down the bowl as needed.
Place the filling in the pre-baked crust and bake for 1 hour on the middle rack at 350°F. Turn off the heat, prop the oven door slightly open with a wooden spoon, and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature before wrapping in plastic wrap and refrigerating. When completely chilled, serve (at least 4 hours in the refrigerator, or overnight).
Remove the cheesecake from the spring-form pan carefully before serving by running a blunt knife along the sides of the cheesecake to release it from the spring-form mold. Serve with desired toppings (see the list above).
To Make the Whipped Cream
1 cup cold heavy whipping cream, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon rum or vanilla extract in a cold mixing bowl On high speed, beat until fluffy and spreadable. If you over-beat it, it will become buttery. Making fresh whipped cream takes less than 2 minutes.
How do I Decorate a Pumpkin Cheesecake?
Whipped cream, caramel sauce, and chopped pecans are the only decorations needed for this creamy pumpkin cheesecake.
You can buy jarred caramel sauce or make your own with Ree’s incredible easy caramel sauce recipe. Flaky sea salt can also give this sweet dessert an unexpected crunch and savory note.
Pro Tips For This Recipe
‣ To begin, use room temperature cream cheese. Leave it out the night before or microwave it for 20 seconds on high for 20 seconds. The batter will be lumpy if the cream cheese is too firm.
‣ Cream cheese and sugars should be thoroughly combined.
‣ Bake in a water bath for an hour after turning off and before removing from the oven. Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to making a nice smooth, uncracked cheesecake.
‣ Avoid opening the oven door; the rush of cold air into the oven will be bad for your delicate cake.
‣ Don’t be concerned if your cheesecake appears underdone after an hour in the oven; it will firm up.
‣ Place a piece of paper towel under the plastic or foil when wrapping the cheesecake. This will absorb condensation, leaving your surface free of water droplets.
- Forever Stamps and Mail Service Price
- Does Sam’s Club accept EBT Card Food Stamps?
- Best Pakistani Halal Food Near Me for February 2022
- Earn Extra Money for Food Delivery, Packages and More
How Long Does Pumpkin Cheesecake Last?
The pumpkin cheesecake will last for about four days if it’s stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. A cheesecake should never sit at room temperature for more than two hours.
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Cheesecake?
You can keep your pumpkin cheesecake for longer if you freeze it. To freeze cheesecake, wrap the whole cake (or individual slices) in a layer of storage wrap.
Follow it up with a layer of foil for added protection. Freeze for up to one month. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
This dessert combines pumpkin pie’s warm spices with the tangy creaminess of the cheesecake.
Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before mixing and avoid mixing on high, which will incorporate too much air, causing the cheesecake to rise and then fall.
We hope you find this information useful. Please share with family and friends.