Oklahoma College Grants and Where to Access them

Oklahoma College Grants: Are you an Oklahoma resident or a student in Oklahoma who wants to avoid debts, as well as further your studies? Below is how you can identify the best financial aid options, like grants, scholarships, and loans, many of which can be found without crossing the state borders.

Ten (10) Top Oklahoma College Grants and Where to Access them

Or, if you already know you need at least some financial aid to get through your college years but do not know how to you find it, this article can help put you on the right track.

Oklahoma College Grants

Below we shall discuss some of the grants available for students in Oklahoma.

1. The Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant

This is a college grant that is awarded each year to low income level individuals that are attending a vocational, public, or private school located in the state of Oklahoma. It totals to a yearly sum of $1,300.

The Oklahoma tuition aid grant (OTAG) is a need-based type of grant, and it is awarded to full-time and undergraduate college students. This grant has many applicants, and for your best chance at consideration for this grant, you should apply very early for it.

Here is the link to apply: www.fafsa.gov. However, if you are an undocumented immigrant, you will need to apply with a special form. The main consideration that is taken when applying for this grant is income level.

2. The Oklahoma Equalization Grant

This is a college grant meant for the financially disadvantaged who are interested in attending a private institution of higher learning but lack the means to fund it. Candidates that meet the criteria for funding can receive up to $2,000 annually for their private education.

There are only certain colleges in the state of Oklahoma that accept the Oklahoma equalization grant (OTEG) award. Those colleges are as follows: The University of Tulsa, Bacone College, St. Gregory’s University, Family of Faith College, and Southwestern Christian University.

Hillsdale Free Will Baptist College, Southern Nazarene University, Mid-America Christian University, Oral Roberts University, Oklahoma Baptist University, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, Oklahoma Christian University, and the Oklahoma City University accept also.

For further information on the Oklahoma Equalization Grant contact Oklahoma Tuition Equalization Grant Program hotline Toll-free: (800) 858-1840.

3. The Oklahoma Higher Education Access Program or Oklahoma Promise Program

This is a program that middle school students as young as eighth graders can sign up to be a part of. The qualifications of this program are rather specific in nature. Students must sign up for and participate in the program anywhere from the eighth grade up through the tenth grade.

The income qualifications are specific as well. The family income of the applicant must not exceed $50,000 a year when enrolling, and be under $100,000 a year once attending college. There are milestones to be met and a grade point average that must be kept up.

However, the outcome for participating in the program is fully paid in-state tuition. The other qualification for being eligible for this program is that to receive paid tuition, the student must be enrolled in college on a full-time basis.

If you are a home schooled or if you attend a non-accredited high school, be 13, 14, or 15 years of age, then you must take a national ACT test and receive a score of 22 or higher to be eligible. To apply for this program, go to okcollegestart.org.

4. The Academic Merit Scholarship Program

Students in the state of Oklahoma can receive money for college in the amount up to $5,500 in the Academic Scholars Program. This is a very helpful program that can help to pay any and all of the fees associated with college life.

These fees can include but are not limited to room and board, tuition, books, transportation, and many other related costs. However, there are some qualifications that must be met to qualify for this program.

The student must exhibit outstanding scholarship by having been awarded the title of National Merit Scholar, US Presidential Scholar, or a National Merit Finalist.

Qualification for this program can also be achieved by students who score in the 99.5 percentile on their SAT or ACT test. They can also be directly nominated by the college that they choose or that chooses them.

Students who want to qualify for this merit award must attend college the first fall semester following their high school graduation.

Students who have taken their SAT or ACT and qualify for this award based on their score can apply for this award through their high school counselor or by filling out the application from www.okhighered.org.

5. Regional University Baccalaureate Scholarship

Students who have received a score of 30 or more on their ACT test or have held the position of National Merit Scholar or Commended Student may qualify for a tuition waver and up to $3,000 in available funds for help with college.

This program is available for use to qualifying students for up to 8 semesters or up until a baccalaureate degree is obtained by said student. This award of merit is only usable at the university it is offered at. It cannot be used or transferred to any other in-state university.

The following in-state Universities offer this program: University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma, Cameron University, University of Central Oklahoma, East Central University, Southwestern Oklahoma State University, and Langston University.

Also, Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Northeastern State University, Rogers State University, Northwestern Oklahoma State University, and Oklahoma Panhandle State University do offer too.

To find out more about this grant, students should contact one of the universities listed above.

6. Heartland Scholarship Fund

Heartland Scholarship Fund

This is a scholarship that provides between $3,500 and $5,500 to the dependent children that were affected by the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah federal building in Oklahoma City.

The student needing to qualify must be a dependent of a deceased person who died in the bombing or one of the children injured in the daycare at the bombing site.

This scholarship can help to provide money for all aspects of college expenses. If you qualify and would like to apply for this scholarship fund, contact [email protected] or call the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education at 1-(800) 858-1840.

7. Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship Program

To be eligible for this yearly renewable $1,500 scholarship program, a student has to have scored a 32 or above on their ACT or at least a 2130 on their SAT.

While this scholarship is mostly merit-based, the committee that reviews the eligibility for this program also looks at other aspects of a student’s life such as community outreach and involvement, extracurricular activity, academics, and leadership qualities as well.

Students that are interested in finding out if they qualify for this scholarship program should obtain an application from their high school counselor.

Read Also:

8. May T. Henry Scholarship Foundation

This scholarship is designed to help those who are intent on attending college and need a helping hand. Anyone can apply for this scholarship fund as long as they are planning on attending a college or university that is supported within the state of Oklahoma.

Another Qualification is that they must also have graduated from an accredited high school or equivalent program. They also are not eligible if they are related to anyone on the May T. Henry Scholarship Foundation selection committee.

9. William P. Willis Scholarship Program

This scholarship program is open to residents of Oklahoma who are earning their degree as long as they are attending a two- or four-year university. There are other qualifications that must be met according to the particular university the applicant is applying to.

Interested individuals should check with the qualifications according to the university that they are interested in attending.

10. Chiropractic Education Assistance Scholarship

Chiropractic Education Assistance Scholarship

This is a specialized education scholarship available to those students who maintain a 3.0 GPA and have been residents of Oklahoma for 5 consecutive years prior to applying for this specialized scholarship in chiropractic study.

They may obtain a scholarship to an out-of-state chiropractic school that they are accepted to and must maintain their 3.0 GPA throughout their education progress.

To apply for this program, contact the Chiropractic Education Assistance Scholarship program at the Oklahoma Regents for Higher Education, or call (800)-858-1840 or 225-9239 in Oklahoma City or e-mail [email protected].

The above scholarship programs and grants have their requirements. Please endeavor to inquire more before applying.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.