Office pranks can be a goofy and entertaining way to lighten up the office or strengthen relationships with coworkers.
If your workplace has a welcoming workplace culture. A harmless, amusing office joke doesn’t harm anyone’s possessions.
25 Funny and Lighthearted Office Pranks Ideas
1. Gift wrap: Wrap everything on your unaware coworker’s desk in gift wrap. Put the present wrap on the keyboard, mouse, computer monitor, and everything else you can safely wrap.
2. Sticky notes: In a cubicle or workplace, use sticky notes to cover any surface you can. When your coworker returns to their space, they can giggle at the updated design.
3. Moving box: Add moving boxes that have been taped and sealed to a coworker’s desk. The purpose is to confuse them and leave them uncertain whether they will share their space with a stranger.
4. Birthday surprise: When you want to surprise one of your teammates on a day other than their actual birthday, include balloons, cake, and a few birthday cards that the rest of the team has signed. Sing “Happy Birthday” and see their bewildered expression.
5. Keyboard switch: Try replacing the T and Y keys on your coworker’s keyboard and waiting for them to contact the IT department if your office has keyboards with easily removable and replaceable keys. You could tell IT about it so they can join in on the joke or at the very least won’t be baffled when they get the call.
- Super-fun Pranks to do on Your Sister
- Work Anniversary Messages for Colleagues,
- Scary Websites to Find Creepy & Scary Stories and Videos
- 40 Work Anniversary Quotes, Wishes, and Messages for your Colleagues
- Farewell Thank You Messages to Colleagues
Hilarious April Fool Office Prank
1. Does one of your coworkers have a treasured family photo? It’s about time they recognized one of the greatest actors ever, rather than their child or something.
Try replacing Family photos with images of your favorite odd celebrity.
2. Organise and Sing happy birthday to a coworker as you huddle around their desk. Purchase balloons and a customized cake to up the ante.
If your victim has the guts to tell you that it’s not really her birthday, it would be great. (Performs best when done with that incredibly kind office mate that doesn’t like to offend people.)
3. For maximum amusement, get into your coworker’s iPhone and alter the autocorrect settings.
Have the phone substitute sentences with a little more flair for words like “Yes,” “No,” “Cool,” and “Ok.” to more cheesy and dramatic words.
4. Wrap everything on your unaware coworker’s desk in gift wrap. Put present wrap on the keyboard, mouse, computer monitor, and everything else you can safely wrap.
5. Put a couple rubber snakes or arachnids in their desk drawer. if you have a coworker who dislikes insects to surprise them.
until they discover it’s just toys, wait for their reaction and join in the laughter.
6. Add moving boxes that have been taped and sealed to a coworker’s desk or cubicle.
The purpose is to confuse them and leave them uncertain as to whether they will be sharing their space with a stranger.
Inspiring and Funny Office Pranks
1. Use tape to conceal the optical sensor on your coworker’s mouse for this practical joke.
When they finally turn the mouse over, they’ll smile and know who made it, so think of adding a label or a brief note with your name on it.
The mouse’s tape makes it difficult for them to drag it or move their pointer.
2. Try replacing the M and N keys on your coworker’s keyboard and waiting for them to contact the IT department if your office has keyboards with easily removable and replaceable keys.
You could tell IT about it so they can join in on the joke or at the very least won’t be as baffled when they get the call.
3. Similar to the balloon trick, pack a meeting or workplace space with stuffed animals. Your coworkers will experience this as a cute yet perplexing encounter.
4. Include your favorite coworker’s email in a variety of email subscriptions to fill their inbox with messages they didn’t ask for.
You can sign them up for emails from singers they’ve never heard of or from TV series they don’t watch.
Only play this practical joke on someone who won’t mind having to unsubscribe from these emails, as it can take some time to do so.
5. Look through internet stores and marketplaces for trolls or other retro-themed characters, then cover your coworker’s desk with them.
The toys give variety to the workweek and provide a pleasant memory.
6. Print eerie images of the lead character from your favorite scary film, then tape them to the ceiling tiles.
Watch as everyone becomes frightened over the day while waiting for your coworkers to turn their heads.
Cool Office Pranks to Try Out on colleagues
1. Decorate the cubicle walls of your coworker with pictures of their favorite actor or band.
Your coworker can giggle at the pictures, and everyone else in the office can learn about their crush on a celebrity.
2. Send a coworker who isn’t expecting it a business email announcing a themed dress-up day.
Because the pranked coworker might inquire about everyone’s costumes in the office, all other employees must participate in the joke.
3. Bathroom emergency: Use your imagination to load clothes and shoes with towels that resemble feet, depending on how many bathrooms there are at the company.
Place those in each bathroom stall before work begins and watch as your coworkers argue over who is using the restroom too often.
4. Use little plastic figurines and hide them in places where no one will see them for a time.
Try leaving them on a few employees’ desks or hiding them among the condiments in the office refrigerator.
Wait for your employees to discover more than one and start to wonder where they came from.
5. Place the water dispenser somewhere else, like in the refrigerator’s back or under the sink. Then, bring your own water, and observe how everyone reacts in the morning.
- April Fools Pranks for Work
- Goodbye Messages to Colleagues
- Fun Ways to Wish Your Coworkers a Happy Birthday
- Merry Christmas Wishes for Coworkers
Funny Office Pranks to Try with Friends
1. Boss wants to see your ASAP: The straightforward but effective idea may startle your coworker.
Make up a tale about how the boss is upset with them for missing multiple deadlines or how they have been arriving at the office late every day for the past few weeks.
In the event that they are meeting with their employer soon, this strategy will be even more successful.
2. Fake milk spill: Consider simulating a milk spill on a friend’s laptop. A glass surface and some white adhesive are all that is required.
Spread the glue on a glass surface so that it looks like milk has been spilt. To remove the glass as it dries up, lubricate it with some soap.
Place it on your friend’s laptop after letting it dry overnight.
3. Change the phone icon: Change your friend’s app icons to amusing meme images if you have access to their phone.
There are specific apps that can assist you if you have an iPhone. They will receive a pleasant surprise when they open their phone.
Use a clever office prank to celebrate a birthday, holiday, work anniversary, or simply because.
However, Use practical jokes that everyone may enjoy without getting hurt.
To be sure that playing practical jokes on coworkers is ok, you might also wish to consult your manager or the leadership group.