Are you in search of a good insurance group policy? That is to cover both your auto insurance, homeowners insurance, and rentals insurance. You should look at NJ Manufacturers insurance group and all it has to offer. Read on to get more information on this.
In this article, here are the following points to note;
- About NJM Insurance
- NJM Auto Insurance
- NJM Homeowners Insurance
- Additional Policies Offered by NJM Auto
Until last year, New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance was available only to members of certain groups. NJM dropped those restrictions in 2018 and now offers auto, homeowners, renters and umbrella insurance to anyone in New Jersey or Pennsylvania.
NJM sells policies directly to customers by phone and online rather than through agents, and gets top marks for customer satisfaction.
About NJM Insurance
New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company has been selling insurance since 1913. Therefore, the property and casualty mutual company operates under the name NJM Auto Insurance, providing coverage mainly in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
The organization transitioned away from an exclusive membership of policyholders in 2018. Now they offer moderate premiums and superior claims processing to the general public.
|Customer satisfaction is high||Not available in all states|
|Complaints are low||No mobile app for managing policy|
|Possible dividend payments for New Jersey policyholders|
NJM gets high marks for auto insurance customer satisfaction:
- It is the first company to earn J.D. Power’s Personal Auto Claims Certification, based on customer satisfaction with claims and J.D. Power’s audit of the company’s practices.
- D. Power rates NJM “among the best” for the mid-Atlantic region in its 2019 U.S. Auto Insurance Study of customer satisfaction.
- It ranks among the top three auto insurers nationwide in Consumer Reports’ most recent car insurance satisfaction survey.
NJM Auto Insurance
NJM offers all the usual coverages, including liability, other state-required coverage types, comprehensive and collision, as well as roadside assistance. If you buy comprehensive and collision coverage, NJM’s policies also include a few extras:
- New car replacement. If your new car has fewer than 15,000 miles on it and is totaled or stolen within 12 months after you buy it, NJM’s new-car replacement coverage will pay what it costs to replace it, less your deductible.
- Rental reimbursement. In New Jersey the policy includes coverage of $30 a day, to a maximum of $1,200, to rent a car while yours is out of commission after a covered accident. Pennsylvania drivers get coverage of $20 a day, up to $600. You can buy increased coverage in both states.
- Pet coverage. NJM will pay up to $1,000 for treating your dog or cat if it’s injured in a covered car accident. This is available with comprehensive or collision coverage; it isn’t necessary to buy both.
Therefore, f you buy comprehensive and collision coverage, you can also add gap insurance, which helps pay off your loan or lease balance if your vehicle is totaled or stolen.
However, pennsylvania policies offer accident forgiveness, an option NJM doesn’t offer in New Jersey. With accident forgiveness, one at-fault accident won’t cause your rates to go up if you’ve previously been a safe driver and meet other qualifications.
Auto Insurance Discounts
Auto insurance discounts from NJM include:
- Multi-policy discount.
- Multi-vehicle discount.
- Offers a discount for paying your premium in full, upfront.
- Discount for paying your premium electronically.
- Discount for buying both collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Offers discounts for vehicle safety features like anti-lock brakes and airbags.
- Discount for driving a car no more than two model years old.
- Student discounts for having good grades and for leaving the car at home while living at a school more than 100 miles away.
- Young driver training discount.
- Discount for taking a defensive driving class (in NJ).
- Discount for drivers 55 and older taking a driver improvement course (in PA).
NJM Homeowners Insurance
NJM policies for homeowners offer all the standard coverages, including liability coverage, personal property insurance, and protection for your home and other structures like sheds. You can also buy add-ons such as:
- Extra coverage for valuable items like jewelry and heirlooms.
- Extra fraud protection in case you’re a victim of credit card fraud, a forged check, or counterfeit money.
- Identity fraud coverage, which pays up to $15,000 for expenses you encounter if your identity is stolen.
Homeowners insurance discounts from NJM include:
- Multi-policy discount.
- Discount for features such as smoke detectors, burglar alarms, and automatic sprinkler systems.
- Discount for insuring a new construction home.
- Nonsmoking discount.
- Discount for being 65 or older.
- Discount for having an automatic backup power supply or portable generator.
Additional Policies Offered by NJM Auto
NJM Auto offers other types of insurance coverage depending on the policyholder’s state:
- Homeowners insurance (NJ, PA)
- Recreational vehicles (NJ, PA)
- Classic cars (NJ, PA)
- Motorcycles (NJ, PA)
- Boats and personal watercraft (NJ, PA)
- Umbrella insurance (NJ, PA)
- Commercial auto (NJ, NY, PA)
- Commercial general liability (NJ, NY, PA)
- Worker’s compensation (CT, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA)
1. What do I need to get a quote from NJM Auto Insurance?
To get a NJM Auto quote, you’ll need a valid email address, driver’s license number, driving history information, the names of all drivers to be insured on the policy and the safety features on the vehicle.
2. How do I file an NJM Auto Insurance claim?
File online via the claims portal or call a customer service agent 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
3. Which state are they available?
They are available in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
4. How good is NJM auto insurance policy?
I have used NJM manufactures for several years now for my car insurance. The people who work there have shown themselves to be fast and effective when I have talked to them on the telephone. The pricing of the insurance is higher than most of their competitors.
However, if you have an accident that’s not your fault, you won’t get punished for it, as you would be some other insurance companies.
In conclusion, NJM also offers insurance policy for; Condo insurance, umbrella insurance renters insurance and also some types of business insurance in select states. You should also note that NJM is right choice of insurance for you and your house hold.
Finally, I’m sure you find this article quite helpful. Kindly share this link and also subscribe to this page to get more updates on related posts.