Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card: This card is a credit card issued by Mission Lane. If you’re wondering whether Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card is the right card for you, read on. This is everything you need to know to make a good choice.
Unfortunately, not everyone is currently able to apply for the Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card .
According to Mission Lane, you can apply for the card with an invitation or on a limited basis, though you can also put your name on a waitlist on Mission Lane’s website.
But there’s no guarantee you’ll eventually get an invitation. If you need a card now or want a clearer timetable, you’re probably better off looking for one with a more open application process.
About the Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card
Could Help You Build Credit
If you’re able to apply, the Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card could help you build credit without needing to put down a security deposit.
Mission Lane reports your credit activity to the three major consumer credit bureaus. While that’s a common feature for a credit-building card, that doesn’t make it any less important.
Ability to reach a higher credit limit over time
The Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card issuer also reviews your account periodically to determine whether you’re eligible to get a higher credit limit. A higher limit could help you keep your credit utilization rate low — if your spending habits don’t change.
And the credit utilization rate is one of many key factors in credit-scoring models, so it could help your scores if it’s managed in the right way.
Mission Lane states that you could be eligible to get a higher credit limit if your account remains in good standing after making your first six payments on time.
It will also evaluate your account at least once within the first 12 months of opening your account to determine whether you’re eligible for a credit limit increase. It considers several factors for this process.
- On-time payment history
- Whether the account has ever gone over the credit limit
- Whether charging privileges have been restricted
- Also whether you’ve closed the account or filed for bankruptcy
- Whether you have the ability to pay the higher credit limit
Pros and Cons of Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card
- Clear pricing & no hidden fees.
- Instant credit decision.
- Higher credit lines over time.
- Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card reports to multiple credit bureaus
- High-interest rates.
- Annual fee of up to $75.
- Higher than average purchase APRs.
- It does not offer a signup bonus.
- It does not offer rewards or cashback.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
What are the Rates/Fees for Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card?
The following fees apply to Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card:
|Annual Fee||Starting at $0 up to $75|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%|
|Returned Payment Fee||up to $35|
|Late Payment Fee||up to $35|
Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card does not offer an introductory rate on new purchases.
|Purchase Intro APR Period (months)||N/A|
Does Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and can help improve your credit score.
How to Apply for Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card
- Visit the Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
Who This Card is Good For
The Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card offers the chance to build or rebuild credit without paying a security deposit. Unfortunately, the $59 annual fee and high variable purchase APR make this credit card rather risky for the few benefits it offers.
Frankly, it’s difficult to recommend this card to anyone who could qualify for a similar option without an annual fee.
But if you’re not sure if you can qualify for a no-fee card, you could still make valuable strides in your credit journey with this card.
You’ll just have to focus on paying your bill as agreed to avoid interest and keep your account in good standing in the hopes of increasing your credit line.
Alternatives for Mission Lane Classic Visa Credit Card
If the Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card doesn’t seem like a good fit for you, check out these alternative credit card options.
- Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® with Cash Back Rewards: This card offers rewards and the chance to build your credit.
- Petal Visa Credit Card: If you’re new to credit, it’s worth taking a look at this card’s mix of consumer-friendly features, all with no annual fee.
- Capital One® Secured Mastercard®: This card offers the ability to build credit — and considers applicants with less-than-perfect credit. But you’ll have to put down a security deposit.
The Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card could be an option for you if you want to build or rebuild credit without putting down a security deposit. Remember this card comes with an annual fee and high variable purchase APR.
Was this article useful? If Yes! Please leave your comment. For more related articles, subscribe to our blog.