If you want to build or rebuild credit without putting down a security deposit, the Mission Lane Classic Visa Credit Card might be an option for you. But the card comes with an annual fee and high variable purchase APR.
You will have interest rates higher than the average, and you do not reap any fancy incentives or bonuses at all. You can apply by Mission Lane’s invitation only.
If you wonder if the Mission Lane Classic Visa ® Card is the right card for you, please read on.
This is what you need to learn to make a good decision.
Mission Lane Classic Visa ® Card is a credit card issued by Mission Lane. Mission Lane acts as a servicing agent for credit card issuing banks.
They primarily focus on providing credit cards to borrowers that do not meet the criteria of conventional lenders in terms of credit ratings, income stability, and other factors.
The Mission Lane Visa ® Credit Card is a very simple card with no particularly desirable benefits and is intended for customers looking to repair bad or restricted credit.
Typically, you will get an instant decision on your application so you know if the card is approved or declined, rather than waiting days or weeks for it. This card is only available at the time of publication via an invitation from Mission Lane.
Highlights of the Card
- Clear pricing & no hidden fees: No Security deposit, No Activation Fee, no over-the-limit fees
- Higher credit lines over time: We keep an eye on all your hard work, and when you’re eligible, they bump up your credit limit.
- The tools to help build your credit: You’re covered with free access to your credit score at any point in time, credit-building education, and reporting to all three major bureaus.
- Instant decision after application submission: You get an instant decision on your Mission Lane Visa® Credit Card application. You don’t have to wait for days or weeks to find out if you’re approved.
- Easily manage your account 24/7 through their website and mobile app. And there’s never a cost to talk with their world-class team members on the phone.
- Visa Zero Liability fraud coverage: Accepted globally wherever you see the Visa® logo. And Visa®’s got your back with Zero Liability fraud coverage if your card is ever lost or stolen.
- Annual fee of $0–$75
- Offers educational credit-building tools
Other Highlights & Features
A balance transfer is a way to move credit card debt from one credit card to another with the goal of saving money on interest.
|Intro Balance Transfer APR||N/A|
|Regular Balance Transfer APR||N/A|
|Balance Transfer Fee||N/A|
|Late Fee||Up to $35|
|Returned Payment Fee||N/A|
|Additional Cards Annual Fee||N/A|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%|
Borrowing cash on your credit card is a cash advance. Cash advances usually come with very high fees. Even worse, cash advances can signal to lenders that you’re being irresponsible with money.
|Cash Advance APR||29.99%–31.74% Variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||3%, $10 minimum|
Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card Pros and Cons:
- Reports to all three major credit bureaus, which could help you build credit
- Could qualify for a higher credit line after making first six payments on time
- Unlike some starter cards, no security deposit required
- High variable purchase APR could cost you in interest
- Charges an annual fee without many benefits to offset the cost
- Applications accepted on a limited basis and by invitation
How to Apply for Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card
- Visit the Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
- If you’re denied try to find out why your application may have been rejected and what you can do about it.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide to get the best credit cards for bad credit.
Things You Need to Know About the Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card
This Card is not Available to Everyone
Unfortunately, not everyone is currently able to apply for the Mission Lane Classic Visa® Card. According to Mission Lane, you can apply for the card with an invitation or on a limited basis, though you can also put your name on a waitlist on Mission Lane’s website.
But there’s no guarantee you’ll eventually get an invitation. If you need a card now or want a clearer timetable, you’re probably better off looking for one with a more open application process.
Could Help you Build Credit
If you’re able to apply, the Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card could help you build credit without needing to put down a security deposit.
Mission Lane reports your credit activity to the three major consumer credit bureaus. While that’s a common feature for a credit-building card, that doesn’t make it any less important.
High-Interest Rate Could Cost You
The Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card has a high variable purchase APR of 29.99%. While high APRs are common on credit cards geared toward people trying to build credit or who have no credit history at all, lower purchase APRs can be found with other options.
The Annual Fee Might Turn You Off
The Mission Lane Classic Visa® Credit Card comes with a $59 annual fee. This card doesn’t offer a rewards program, so you won’t have the opportunity to offset this fee by earning rewards whenever you use it to make purchases.
The only value of the card — if you’re able to apply and are approved for it — comes from gaining access to credit and potentially building your credit profile for the future.
The Mission Lane Classic Visa® Card could be an option for you if you want to build or rebuild credit without putting down a security deposit. But the card comes with an annual fee and high variable purchase APR.
Was this article useful? If Yes! Please leave your comment. For more related articles, subscribe to our blog.