– Kroger Near Me 2022 –
Order your groceries online and get them delivered in as little as one hour from your local store.
In 2022, Kroger operates 35 food processing or manufacturing facilities, 1,603 supermarket fuel centers, 2,254 pharmacies, and 224 The Little Clinic in-store medical clinics.
What Have You Heard about the Kroger Company in 2022?
The Kroger Company, or simply Kroger, is an American retail company founded by Bernard Kroger in 1883 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
It is the United States’ largest supermarket by revenue ($121.16 billion for the fiscal year 2019), and the second-largest general retailer (behind Walmart).
Kroger is the seventh-largest American-owned private employer in the United States. Kroger is ranked #23 on the Fortune 500 rankings of the largest United States corporations by total revenue.
As of May 22, 2021, Kroger operates, either directly or through its subsidiaries, 2,732 supermarkets, and multi-department stores. Kroger’s headquarters are in downtown Cincinnati.
It maintains markets in 35 states and the District of Columbia, with store formats that include hypermarkets, supermarkets, superstores, department stores, and 144 jewelry stores (782 convenience stores were sold to EG Group in 2018).
Kroger Finances 2022
Kroger near me 2022. For the fiscal year 2020, Kroger reported earnings of US$1.907 billion, with annual revenue of US$122.286 billion, an increase of 0.4% over the previous fiscal cycle.
Kroger’s shares traded at over $32 per share, and its market capitalization was valued at US$25.9 billion in April 2020.
in mil. US$
in mil. US$
in mil. US$
|Price per Share
Manufacturing and Distribution of Kroger
Distribution and logistics
Kroger near me 2022. Food distribution and buying take place under various subsidiaries and divisions. These include:
- Kroger Group Cooperative, Inc.
- Kroger Group, Inc.
- Inter-American Products
Kroger operates its own fleet of trucks and trailers to distribute products to its various stores, in addition to contracts with various trucking companies. In June 2018, Kroger announced testing driverless cars for delivering groceries.
For this, Kroger is partnering with autonomous car company Nuro.
In addition to stocking a variety of regional brand products, The Kroger Company also employs one of the largest networks of private label manufacturing in the country.
Thirty-five plants (either wholly-owned or used with operating agreements) in seventeen states create about 40% of Kroger’s private label products.
Similar to most major supermarket retailers, Kroger uses a three-tiered private label marketing strategy.
One private brand emphasizes no-frills products at the lowest possible price, another is intended to be comparable to leading national brands but a better value and the third is a premium (often organic) brand.
Kroger Manufacturing Plants
Kroger near me 2022. Kroger operates 18 dairy plants:
- Centennial Farms Dairy – Atlanta, Georgia
- Compton Creamery – Compton, California
- Crossroad Farms Dairy – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Heritage Farms Dairy – Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Hunter Farms Dairy – High Point, North Carolina
- Jackson Hutchinson Dairy – Hutchinson, Kansas
- Layton Dairy – Layton, Utah
- Michigan Dairy – Livonia, Michigan
- Mountain View Foods – Denver, Colorado
- Pace Dairy – Rochester – Rochester, Minnesota
- Pace Dairy – Indiana – Crawfordsville, Indiana
- Riverside Creamery – Riverside, California
- Swan Island Dairy – Portland, Oregon
- Tamarack Farms Dairy – Newark, Ohio
- Tolleson Dairy – Tolleson, Arizona
- Vandervoort’s Dairy – Fort Worth, Texas
- Westover Dairy – Lynchburg, Virginia
- Winchester Farms Dairy – Winchester, Kentucky
Kroger near me 2022. Kroger operates 9 plants:
- Anderson Bakery – Anderson, South Carolina
- Clackamas Bakery – Clackamas, Oregon
- Country Oven Bakery – Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Indianapolis Bakery – Indianapolis, Indiana
- K.B. Specialty Foods – Greensburg, Indiana
- King Soopers Bakery – Denver, Colorado
- La Habra Bakery – La Habra, California
- Layton Dough – Layton, Utah
- RCK Foods – Kenosha, Wisconsin
Kroger near me 2022. Kroger operates 7 grocery plants:
- America’s Beverage Co. – Irving, Texas – soft drinks, waters
- Delight Products – Springfield, Tennessee – dry dog and cat foods
- Kenlake Foods – Murray, Kentucky – nuts, hot cereal, cornmeal, powdered drinks
- Pontiac Foods – Pontiac, South Carolina – coffee, seasonings, spices, rice, noodles, sauces
- Springdale Ice Cream & Beverage – Springdale, Ohio – soft drinks, waters, ice cream
- State Avenue – Cincinnati, Ohio – salad dressings, red sauces, syrups, broths, jams, and jellies
- Tara Foods – Albany, Georgia – peanut butter, flavorings, steak sauces, vinegar, cooking wines, lemon juice, soy sauce
Other Private Label Brands
Kroger near me 2022. In addition to its core brands, Kroger’s manufacturing creates a variety of department-specific brands.
The brands listed below may be found in various Kroger-owned stores.
- Abound – natural pet food
- Bakery Fresh Goodness – fresh-baked foods
- Bloom Haus – floral arrangements
- Comforts – baby products
- Dip – fast fashion brand designed by Joe Mimran
- Everyday Living – home goods
- HD Designs – upscale home goods
- HemisFares – imported foods
- Home Chef – meal kit and food delivery company acquired in 2018
- Luvsome – pet food
- Murray’s Cheese – artisanal cheese shop founded in Greenwich Village in 1940
- OfficeWorks – stationery and office supplies
- Pet Pride – pet food
Kroger Health 2022
Kroger Health, the healthcare arm of The Kroger Co., is one of America’s leading retail healthcare organizations, with over 2,300 pharmacies and 11 specialty pharmacies nationwide, and 200 clinics.
Their team of 22,000 healthcare professionals – from pharmacists and nurse practitioners to dietitians and technicians – serves over 13 million customers.
Kroger previously owned and operated the SupeRx drug store chain. In 1985, Kroger outbid Rite Aid for the Hook’s Drug Stores chain, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, and combined it with SupeRx to become Hook’s-SupeRx.
In 1994, Kroger decided to exit the stand-alone drugstore business and sold its Hook’s and SupeRx stores to Revco, which later was sold to CVS.
Today, Kroger operates 2,254 pharmacies, most of which are located inside its supermarkets.
The Kroger Pharmacies continue as a profitable portion of the business and have been expanding to now include pharmacies in City Market, Dillons, Fred Meyer, Fry’s, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs, Harris Teeter, Smith’s Food and Drug, and Kroger Supermarkets
Supermarket Petroleum Group
Kroger near me 2022. More recently, the company has begun opening standalone fuel centers, often near stores whose parking lots could not accommodate a fuel center.
As of Q1 2021, Kroger operated 1,603 supermarket fuel centers.
In 2006, Kroger introduced a new common logo for all of its convenience store chains that is now also used at the fuel centers of all of its supermarket chains.
A rhombus with a white, stylized image of the continental United States in the center bordered by four colored areas: dark blue representing the Pacific Ocean, red representing Canada, green representing the Atlantic Ocean, and yellow representing the Gulf of Mexico.
Kroger near me 2022. Kroger Personal Finance was introduced in 2007 to offer branded Visa cards, mortgages, home equity loans, pet, renter’s and home insurance, identity theft protection, and wireless services.
In 2017, MasterCard became the network for Kroger’s newly branded 1-2-3 REWARDS credit card issued by U.S. Bank.
In 2019, Kroger banned the use of Visa credit cards (but not debit cards) at two of its subsidiary chains: Foods Co. Supermarkets and Smiths, citing rising costs from premium cards.
Kroger Wireless 2022
This is formerly known as i-wireless, is a national private label wireless service provider sold in over 2,200 retail locations within the Kroger family of stores across 31 states.
The Wireless service functions over the nationwide Sprint network. Customers can choose from “Unlimited” rate plans including unlimited talk/text and with data allotments up to and including unlimited data.
The Wireless allows customers to purchase phones at select store locations, via their website, or by bringing their eligible Sprint device for activation.
Please feel free to leave a comment, like, and share with friends and family!